Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  traderpusa : (01 July 2020 - 01:53 PM) So is the market lol
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) yall are savage :D
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) haha
@  Sambo : (29 June 2020 - 05:04 PM) If there's one thing i've learned, it's that the most profitable traders are the least boastful.
@  happyjas : (27 June 2020 - 09:50 PM) We understand what took place, you won a lot of money and bought a new "BMW M4 cake", you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and sounded like this: "My name is my name, if you ask me again I'll tell you the same, I won a lot of money, and already shove it on my candy back-end, but there's one problem, everyone knows already that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK."
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:43 PM) the R8 Audi thing -_-
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:42 PM) :unsure: 'Can't afford the BM thing, 'just got the 2018 Audi 2016 :(
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:41 PM) :unsure: 'Ca
@  Dyabolus : (26 June 2020 - 03:45 AM) so were u verified by David at last? how about that 'pic'
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 04:48 PM) sure post a pic
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:17 PM) sorry im bragging again, i sincerly apologize. Just wanted to share with you :(
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) By the way do you wanna see my new BMW M4?
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) where do you read that closure stuff?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:45 AM) thanks anyways MAster David, a million times :)
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:41 AM) *closure
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:39 AM) feeling anxious about what I read about BOE (the enclosure, i guess) :(
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 07:18 AM) good how about you happy?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:16 AM) hello MAster David, how are you?
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM) good morning guys
@  happyjas : (21 June 2020 - 05:09 PM) Alive and Kickin' B)

Photo

Singu's simple trend following strategy

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:13 AM

First I want to thank Tradesmart since this strategy is inspired by his Simple strategy. :)

This forum has been very helpful to me and i've learned a lot, so this is my way of thanking all of you.

Ok, now let's get started. This strat is very simple and should get you a nice win rate. I'm using it on 1m and 5m chart with expiry of 5m and 30m.

Rules for call:

1. Price is above SMA ( beginning of the candle with the arrow )

2. Buy arrow

3. Inverse Fisher is below 30 ( on the candle with the arrow )

Rules for put

1. Price is below SMA ( beginning of the candle with the arrow )

2. Sell arrow

3. Inverse Fisher is above 70 ( on the candle with the arrow )

Here is the screenshot

Simple trend following.png

Indicators and template

Attached File  BinaryComodo.ex4   6.48KB   708 downloads  Attached File  SVE_RSI_I-Fish.mq4   11.5KB   769 downloads  Attached File  Singu's simple trend following strategy.tpl   3.61KB   710 downloads

Test it on demo and share results. :)

• tradesmart and zatey like this

#2 binoptwol

binoptwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Thank you singu. Could you explain how does it work exactly - what are those Buy/Sell Arrows and Inverse Fisher? And how long do you trade with this? :)

#3 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:05 AM

Sure, the arrows are Binary Comodo and it's basically two MAs ( 5 and 200 ) with filter of RSI. It's very common indicator but i woudn't trade it alone.

The other one is Smoothed Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI. It's very useful in forex trading and i'm quite surprised that it's not mentioned here on BOE. It's by Sylvain Vervoort. It smoothes the price curve with “rainbow” weighted moving average then calculates the RSI with it, and then smoothes with the Vervoort zero-lag exponential moving average. The resulting curve is then transformed with an inverse Fisher filter.

Here is the original Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI if you are interested 

Attached File  Inverse Fisher Transform of RSIm.mq4   6.31KB   315 downloads

• binoptwol likes this

#4 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

I'm using the start for a month and have 75-85% win rate.

#5 binoptwol

binoptwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

Thank you very much. I'm going to test it next week then. I wonder if it is better on higher timeframes or does it work equally on M1 and M5 etc...?

I would be satisfied with 70% regularly. :)

#6 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:30 AM

Yes it's better on higher TFs but has less signals.

I have itchy fingers and can't stand to wait 4h to get 4 signals...i've tried, but it doesn't work for me.

#7 binoptwol

binoptwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

Both of the Fishers doesn't show on my charts, neither in the indicators tab...

EDIT: Alright, I got it. Don't know what happened. :P

#8 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

hi singu ,

thanks 4 sharing ur method .. can u explain a bit more under what market conditions have u been trading with this strategy and are there any additional rules u follow besides these basic ones?

• pelomen likes this

#9 kuukuu

kuukuu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Seems very intresting, I will test this next week and please guys post some results!

• Blabby likes this

#10 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

I've been trading this for the first 4h of London for a month.

examples.png

You can see ( the first arrow i draw ) here one problem with this strategy...and that is trend exhaustion. There is no way that i know of that could eliminate that kind of trade. If anyone has ideas on how to filter this, it would be great.

The second arrow is showing range but with the rules it would keep you out of trouble. I would avoid this type of conditions anyway.

I don't use other rules ...i just try to avoid exhaustion... sometimes i pass on a trade and sometimes i take it. But no rules.

#11 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

I've been trading this for the first 4h of London for a month.

attachicon.gifexamples.png

You can see ( the first arrow i draw ) here one problem with this strategy...and that is trend exhaustion. There is no way that i know of that could eliminate that kind of trade. If anyone has ideas on how to filter this, it would be great.

The second arrow is showing range but with the rules it would keep you out of trouble. I would avoid this type of conditions anyway.

I don't use other rules ...i just try to avoid exhaustion... sometimes i pass on a trade and sometimes i take it. But no rules.

thanks mate .. looks very nice on history .. i will try to eliminate some of the bad trades with other rules..

one thing i want to ask is that if the arrow is repaintable?? 

#12 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

Yes, looks great in history but the arrow sometimes disappeares, so you have to test it live.

If you can make it better...that  would be very much appreciated.. :)

#13 xTKSD

xTKSD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

Hi!

Ofc thanks for sharing, but can i ask which tf/expire time works best for You? :)

'You have to think, not feel. If you feel not think, u're done.'

#14 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

I've tried it with 15m with 1.5h expiry  but only get around 2 signals with 15 pairs...so i don't use that. That TF was best if i remember correctly..i was using that for the first week only.

1m and 5m charts are what i use now.

• xTKSD likes this

#15 binoptwol

binoptwol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

The Leledc Exhaustion Bar is an indicator for the MT4 platform. It is one of my personal favourites, for its strong ability to predict reversals. 

How does it work?

Red means the trend is either reversing to the downside, or there is a pause in the uptrend

Green means the trend is either reversing to the upside or there is a pause in the downtrend

**Note the indicator is NOT repainting. All signals are printed at the close of the bar.

How do I use it?

I usually combine it with a moving average as a trend filter and only trade signals with the trend. In a trend, the indicator usually signals the end of the pull back and the continuation of the trend.

I took it from some website. Maybe it could be useful. I didn't try it yet. HERE is the link.

Also I found THIS.

• singu and jordyshorty like this

#16 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Yes, looks great in history but the arrow sometimes disappeares, so you have to test it live.

If you can make it better...that  would be very much appreciated.. :)

oh , so it happens.. i will test live on monday , and let u know if i find something interesting :) ..

#17 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

just observed this simple fact .. maybe a more high prob version of the original strat..

in a trend , s turned r phenomenon is very usual as u already know .. if a signal arises at that level and other conditions met , then its a very nice trade .. also i think shape of the ma is more important rather than price position relative to ma.. please check out the pic posted below and let me know what u all think .. cheers!

https://www.mql5.com...estment-company

• singu likes this

#18 Chrispap

Chrispap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAachen Germany

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hey Singu,

Thanks for sharing your strategy. Did some backtesting on 8 majors on a 1 min chart and I came up with a 75% win ratio. This result was calculated without the use of the SMA!! Just the commodo and the Fisher. However if someone applies S/R levels and avoids to trade against them the win ratio rises respectively.

The only thing im concerned about and I would like your opinion about is the limited reaction time we have after the appearance on the arrow and the entry time, especially when trading the 1 min TF. By the way in my backtesting I had about 4 setups per pair on a single trading day. (7.00-19.00 London time).

I believe that this strategy has merit since it combines the traditional concept of MA crossovers on OB/OS areas and if combined with price action it certainly can be consistently profitable.

I will definetely try it on Monday!

• singu likes this

#19 jordyshorty

jordyshorty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

I took it from some website. Maybe it could be useful. I didn't try it yet. HERE is the link.

Also I found THIS.

someone maybe can fix an alert for it? because as far as i can see Is it VERY useful in my BBstrategy.. so if someone is able to fix an alert would be awsome :)

#20 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Binoptwol and Fasih...i will have a look tomorrow ( thanks for your contribution )... :)

Hi Chrispap, yeah that sounds about right...the rule with the SMA is to keep you away from range...sometimes you get 4-5 arrows in opposite directions and since Inverse Fisher is so responsive, you would get the right conditions on couple of the arrows and end up OTM since you are in range. SMA helps in that a lot...you will get less signals with the SMA rule but better  quality since you are trading with the trend.

Regarding the 1m TF...you have to be quick, and sometimes the trend continues.. Try it and share results :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.