Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tripack : (16 October 2019 - 01:43 PM) Just that search section is at top right area :D
@  Abdul777 : (16 October 2019 - 12:01 AM) ain't gonna happen brotha'':D
@  Salmonhead : (15 October 2019 - 11:59 PM) trading signals
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 12:15 PM) ok, thanks
@  Singh : (11 October 2019 - 12:04 PM) @siewen I dont think any broker offers vix on mt4 but you can use tradingview to see vix chart
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 10:55 AM) where can i find broker offering VIX chart but on mt4? i cant find any...
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 02:02 AM) Hello. is there any binary brokers allowing trade eur/usd as binary? with europa, it is problem now...
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:39 AM) http://www.binaryopt...will-deposit-t/
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:02 AM) lost
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:02 AM) lost
@  Tripack : (09 October 2019 - 10:57 AM) Hi mf, long time. Everything ok here. How are u doing ?
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) how is going recently ?
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) whatsup ppl
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) hey whats
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:27 PM) The latter as Singh said can be all found online for free, just interpretation are maybe paid, but again subjective
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:26 PM) I mean: There is a difference between paying for a university degree in economics that teaches about the bricks about how to invest long term, and chart reading skills.
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:24 PM) There is a difference between paying for a university degree in economics and learn about the bricks about how to invest long term
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:23 PM) Plus the fact that any paying courses trading short term TA is not based on any real knowledge
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:21 PM) Right
@  traderpusa : (07 October 2019 - 09:55 PM) same reason a verified account should be presented before posting here your grand 70%-80% winning strategy.

Photo

Any short term scalpers here?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

I'm looking to develop a scalping strategy for m1 or tick charts, of which i will test rigorously and then post on this forum as a means for some who are stuck in the binary rut to transition to forex smoothly - or at least try out.

I haven't much experience on anything less than 15 min charts, so looking for those with some experience in the higher paced stuff.

This comes after listening to jean francois boucher podcast, talking about his 3pip SL/ 3pip TP approach and entering the market 60 + times per day. It sounded very intriguing and exciting.

If there are any m1 or low tick chart traders here, what works for you?

#2 Cladi48

Cladi48

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

If anybody have something that work will not share here, forget it, Maybe you can get an idea from other and try to improve it.

#3 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

Fair enough, don't know what the sense would be behind not sharing a forex strategy though, it's not like we're trading on binary brokers or spreadbetting firms...trading on commissions means your broker wins when you do in fx.

Shame! its good fun trading a small scalping account in between your bread and butter trades!

Might share some things i do to get a few pips here and there...

#4 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:16 AM

Check Al Brooks books. He is a pure priceaction trader and he mainly scalps The sp500 on M5 time frame. Very good material. He analises candle by candle on his books and with accurate detailed explanations
  • Svalbard likes this

#5 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

The problem you will see with this kind of approach is spread, with or without commissions. Scalping very short term will put you at more or less serious disadvantage (of course depending of broker and asset traded) regarding the bid or ask price you got vs the bid or ask price you are aiming for so depending at how you see risk and mm with this if you are not careful enough every mistake will cost you much more than potential gains, especially on a few pips...
  • traderpusa and Svalbard like this

#6 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:06 AM

Some scalpers like Brooks Risk 2-4 points on The E-Minis trading 10-25 contracts. If you swing part of your position and scalp The rest you can make Big Money. Of course talking about +50k accounts
  • Tripack and Svalbard like this

#7 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

Some scalpers like Brooks Risk 2-4 points on The E-Minis trading 10-25 contracts. If you swing part of your position and scalp The rest you can make Big Money. Of course talking about +50k accounts

Indeed, let’s not forget that futures are a bit different and you’ll get other costs too in addition to spread and comms, plus leverage is lower than forex in general, so making Big Money with 50k is relative and still involves risk but can definitely be worth the try :)
  • Svalbard likes this

#8 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:04 PM

I'm looking to develop a scalping strategy for m1 or tick charts, of which i will test rigorously and then post on this forum as a means for some who are stuck in the binary rut to transition to forex smoothly - or at least try out.

I haven't much experience on anything less than 15 min charts, so looking for those with some experience in the higher paced stuff.

This comes after listening to jean francois boucher podcast, talking about his 3pip SL/ 3pip TP approach and entering the market 60 + times per day. It sounded very intriguing and exciting.

If there are any m1 or low tick chart traders here, what works for you?

To come back onto the original post, what asset are you looking at ?
  • Svalbard likes this

#9 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

To come back onto the original post, what asset are you looking at ?

I was originally intending for E/U for the low spread, i don't particularly have experience with futures.

By scalping i don't necessarily mean a one or two pips, rather i mean precise entries on low time frames that allow very small stop losses but very good R/R.

This could either take the form of splitting a large swing trade in to multiple entries, or simply going for 3:1 or more RR ratio on small moves on m1.

As an example, look at the image below.

Attached File  cT_cs_2012589_EURUSD_2019-07-10_22-51-3022.png   440.06KB   7 downloads

I know people hate trendlines because they're arbitrary etc. but the fact is that moves in the market often adhere to these forms of structure enough to be exploited.

As you can see in the image each large trend has smaller trendlines being broken along the way which shows that there is sufficient momentum for the structure to hold and price to keep on progressing.

They're pretty simple entry points but with the correct R/R they are good as when these sub-trendlines break there is usually a very recent fractal that you can put your stop loss over or under (the logic being that if this fractal breaks then your trade is invalid)

So as you see in the image, there are 4 entries, 1st, 2nd and 3rd were winners and the 4th being a loser. Each entry had a SL of only 2-5 pips but with a R/R of 3:1 on each entry, then even with a losing trade (number 4.) you would net 23 pips on the move instead of the 12 pips if you had traded the whole move from point 1. up until the SL at level 4.

Does that make sense? 

Just thinking out loud here. I'm fully aware i could be missing something here.

#10 opit

opit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:44 PM

I was originally intending for E/U for the low spread, i don't particularly have experience with futures.

By scalping i don't necessarily mean a one or two pips, rather i mean precise entries on low time frames that allow very small stop losses but very good R/R.

This could either take the form of splitting a large swing trade in to multiple entries, or simply going for 3:1 or more RR ratio on small moves on m1.

As an example, look at the image below.

attachicon.gifcT_cs_2012589_EURUSD_2019-07-10_22-51-3022.png

I know people hate trendlines because they're arbitrary etc. but the fact is that moves in the market often adhere to these forms of structure enough to be exploited.

As you can see in the image each large trend has smaller trendlines being broken along the way which shows that there is sufficient momentum for the structure to hold and price to keep on progressing.

They're pretty simple entry points but with the correct R/R they are good as when these sub-trendlines break there is usually a very recent fractal that you can put your stop loss over or under (the logic being that if this fractal breaks then your trade is invalid)

So as you see in the image, there are 4 entries, 1st, 2nd and 3rd were winners and the 4th being a loser. Each entry had a SL of only 2-5 pips but with a R/R of 3:1 on each entry, then even with a losing trade (number 4.) you would net 23 pips on the move instead of the 12 pips if you had traded the whole move from point 1. up until the SL at level 4.

Does that make sense? 

Just thinking out loud here. I'm fully aware i could be missing something here.

Hi bro,

I used to draw similar lines as you did. It called Trend Line Break (TLB) by Woodie.

And your picture remind me the similar picture that I posted here (post #1246):
http://www.binaryopt...turns/?p=148974

And yes, it was originally intended to use in forex instead of BO.

I wish you luck, bro.

• Svalbard and Schumann like this

#11 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:10 AM

Hi bro,

I used to draw similar lines as you did. It called Trend Line Break (TLB) by Woodie.

And your picture remind me the similar picture that I posted here (post #1246):
http://www.binaryopt...turns/?p=148974

And yes, it was originally intended to use in forex instead of BO.

I wish you luck, bro.

Thanks, yeah I'm fully aware it's an old strat...I'm more concerned with whether it's a viable approach as a scalping method, whether the MM checks out and whether there is benefit to splitting up larger trades in this way etc.

#12 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Hope it helps. I trade this approach on the E-Mini SP500 but I believe it works on every instrument. Check Brooks methodology if it suits your style

Attached File  2019-07-11.png   513.37KB   1 downloads

• Svalbard likes this

#13 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

Attached File  2019-07-11 (1).png   341.14KB   0 downloads

• Svalbard likes this

#14 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:57 AM

Attached File  2019-07-11 (2).png   329.84KB   0 downloads

• Svalbard likes this

#15 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:08 AM

R:R 1:2 1:3 1:4 depends on how I see market sentiment. If I expect a nice move specially after and Major trendline break and test of The old extreme I leave half position open and trail my stop on each pívot 3 bar higher low on a Bull. I close trade when a climátic top wedge reversal type or lower high testing The old trend extreme. 10 contract position on sp500 and about 10 trades a day. If The trade doesnt look nice I close on a 1:2 and move on to Next trade. Most are winners so you can see The reward
  • Svalbard likes this

#16 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

I forgot to mention that I set I limit stop order above 1 tick to get filled at The best posible price. If order doesnt get filled you move on. Scalping you need accurate entries at best entry price available. For me Futures is the way a serious trader must apply. Centralized market with real data volumen and strict regulation. And yes, you pay comissions but those markets can assume a huge volumen orders with minimal slippage
  • Svalbard likes this

#17 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

So you mean you wait for a trendline to be over shot, and then price makes a kind of double top or bottom and then you trade back in to the direction of the trend again?

#18 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

You mean like this?

Attached File  PvCdn.png   416.03KB   0 downloads

#19 ghbdr

ghbdr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

Hope is more clear. Sorry for so many pictures

Attached File  2019-07-12.png   374.84KB   0 downloads   Attached File  2019-07-12 (2).png   375.49KB   0 downloads  Attached File  2019-07-12 (3).png   348.42KB   0 downloads

Attached File  2019-07-12 (4).png   336.95KB   0 downloads  Attached File  2019-07-12 (5).png   413.53KB   0 downloads  Attached File  2019-07-12 (6).png   383.63KB   0 downloads

#20 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

Hope is more clear. Sorry for so many pictures

attachicon.gif2019-07-12.png   attachicon.gif2019-07-12 (2).png  attachicon.gif2019-07-12 (3).png

attachicon.gif2019-07-12 (4).png  attachicon.gif2019-07-12 (5).png  attachicon.gif2019-07-12 (6).png

Thanks ghbdr, i'm going to examine these and will probably get back to you with questions :)

• ghbdr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.