Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ishan007 : (19 October 2018 - 12:16 AM) :) :P
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 09:22 PM) good morning
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point indicator
@  Delight : (18 October 2018 - 04:10 AM) @manfloy, share some of the free money with me. Just $200 will be ok. lol
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) run losers + increase the positions + cuting the positive PL when it comes
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) nice, handing out free money
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:19 AM) well actually am experimenting hard right here with 3 traders, who claiming they want to trade, so i decided to gave out some posibility to trade live, they fucked up two accounts for now [email protected]
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:17 AM) manfloy talking to himself lol.
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:04 AM) so better don't play with fire and set ur stop loss if you want to be alive, and one more significative and the latest one for today : i see many traders trading perfect on DEMO, but when you pass on the LIVE trading the game will turn over 360degree, your rules your systems and your ability to keep the great job will purely dissapear, fear & greed, remember fear and greed nothing else on the chart only fear and greed, good luck
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) yup
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) not that much time to flood and post here, please pay attention on your SL, one time the market will knock you very very significative, trust me it comes once in a year
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:45 AM) wow
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) https://gyazo.com/90...47790cd914b234d
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) took a fresh sucker right now on EJ
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) a lot of old traders around
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) how is going on guys ???
@  ishan007 : (17 October 2018 - 11:06 PM) neddihrehat here?
@  happyjas : (17 October 2018 - 08:43 PM) :( uh oh
@  traderpusa : (17 October 2018 - 08:42 PM) i would not have recommended long lol

Photo
- - - - -

What's been working?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Good day all

It is absolutely great to be able to post here. Finally registrations are open!

So i've been checking out posts on BOE for about 6 months now, reading a lot and not being able to download a single thing has been extremely frustrating  honestly. Now that i have a chance, been combing through some of the links i saved to have a chance to download and test everything myself

So does anyone have any suggestions on what indi's/strategies have been working well for them and can provide links to them here?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Lots of good karma to give out!

I shall kick off the karma train by attaching some indi's that are definitely NRP, but the problem has been i've been unable to get a good fix on proper parameter values for good itm ratio. Anyone willing to try them out and please share optimal settings welcome!

• malik82 likes this

#2 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

Here's a few

Attached Files

• malik82 likes this

#3 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

Honestly, i gotta say after testing over 4300 indi's, the ADX ones included in the collection are by far the best for 1min expiry options. absolutely nothing beats them

But... the only problem is the signal is often late. The signal usually appears once the current bar has moved x number of pips either higher or lower from the close of the previous bar. And as we all know, for 60sec binaries, every second counts

From my understanding, the signal appears when di+ and di- lines cross. and i thought i'd try to get the signal before the lines cross. how?

*) we calculate the values of di+ and di- lines  percentage wise.

so saying point of di+ and di- touch(assign value of X)= 100%

At user specified percentage of X= signal printed

This is illustrated in the  attached chart

Attached File  image (1).png   303.98KB   0 downloads

i had a  test version coded by someone but it wasn't what i expected. The problem was, since the values of di+ and di- keep changing so will the percentage, hence the signals will be different from the original indicator

The general idea remains the same, the how just goes beyond my level and knowledge of coding. 

So if there's anyone here, who can modify the code and get the signals to appear on the first tick/open of the new bar with the same accuracy, i believe we are looking at 85%-90%itm 

We can discuss other parameters to add to the new indi, perhaps even a filter if required...

Open to all idea's and suggestions

#4 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

This not only for you but all of you tinkering with indicators and combinations of indicators. Do you really think after decades of indicators that not everything has been tried and tested already ? And do you really think binary brokers would exist if it was possible to beat them with one or other arrow ? Their resources are multiple of yours ensuring that the house always wins. Stop wasting your time.
  • victorckk likes this

#5 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

This not only for you but all of you tinkering with indicators and combinations of indicators. Do you really think after decades of indicators that not everything has been tried and tested already ? And do you really think binary brokers would exist if it was possible to beat them with one or other arrow ? Their resources are multiple of yours ensuring that the house always wins. Stop wasting your time.

How encouraging. Dont destroy if you cant help build. Necessity is the mother of all inventions. If everyone just stopped trying then nothing new would be developed. There has to be trial and error to discard what doesn't work and research continue on what does. Progress breeds success and failure is just rehearsal for success.... Perhaps if you posted some strategy or anything more helpful your reply as a verified strategist would be more useful. Thanks

#6 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:49 PM

How encouraging. Dont destroy if you cant help build. Necessity is the mother of all inventions. If everyone just stopped trying then nothing new would be developed. There has to be trial and error to discard what doesn't work and research continue on what does. Progress breeds success and failure is just rehearsal for success.... Perhaps if you posted some strategy or anything more helpful your reply as a verified strategist would be more useful. Thanks

lol. if you knew me a bit you wouldn't say that cause i run the only verified strategy on BOE, so I have and teach a profitable alternative, you just need to read and learn it.  Sorry my thread and strategy don't contain any useless arrows.

• fasih and victorckk like this

#7 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

lol. if you knew me a bit you wouldn't say that cause i run the only verified strategy on BOE, so I have and teach a profitable alternative, you just need to read and learn it.  Sorry my thread and strategy don't contain any useless arrows.

Good for you. What are you looking for a pat on the back? why are you even posting here? The useless arrows are just indications, to make it visually easier for entry exits and such and not literal. You dont like them fine, to each his own. Why do you feel the need to say it out loud? There's absolutely no need for you to play savior here. Everyone knows what they're doing and if they dont they will learn by trying and not getting cut down. your strategy came to you in a dream or did it require trial and error and refining and development? And i do know you and what you teach. Your point is what exactly? You're the only know who's right and knows everything? quit inflating your ego here, there's no need for you spamming my thread with your boasts polluting this topic. Instead of teaching perhaps learn humility and understanding and realize your ego and pride is the most useless of all. Imagine yourself back many years when you started, were these kinds of comments helpful? 

#8 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

Good for you. What are you looking for a pat on the back? why are you even posting here? The useless arrows are just indications, to make it visually easier for entry exits and such and not literal. You dont like them fine, to each his own. Why do you feel the need to say it out loud? There's absolutely no need for you to play savior here. Everyone knows what they're doing and if they dont they will learn by trying and not getting cut down. your strategy came to you in a dream or did it require trial and error and refining and development? And i do know you and what you teach. Your point is what exactly? You're the only know who's right and knows everything? quit inflating your ego here, there's no need for you spamming my thread with your boasts polluting this topic. Instead of teaching perhaps learn humility and understanding and realize your ego and pride is the most useless of all. Imagine yourself back many years when you started, were these kinds of comments helpful? 

Well that is what you get for trying to help people, and save them some time on the way to profitability and success in trading.  This says a bunch about you.  I will not degrade myself into using the same language as you do.

#9 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

Well that is what you get for trying to help people, and save them some time on the way to profitability and success in trading.  This says a bunch about you.  I will not degrade myself into using the same language as you do.

Indeed, because you have the best strategy with the best teacher ever and we should all learn to trade from you because its the best thing in the trading world ever! Good luck with that

You think anything you  said thus far is remotely helpful? Enough has been said about you before you even posted here

And Degrade? You started with the degrading comments sir, i just responded in kind. You'll have to degrade coz you cant upgrade any higher in the clouds that's for sure... Now kindly stay off my thread

#10 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

feeling better ? lol.

#11 tkhan011

tkhan011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:32 PM

feeling better ? lol.

Lol, much better yes thank you...

#12 Cladi48

Cladi48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:56 PM

Or maybe who have a good indicator dont share and keep for him. But im accord you most see what is happens in chart with technical analisys.

• Chosen3000 and tkhan011 like this

#13 janisroze

janisroze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

I think there are two ways of looking at indicators:

1. As a signal
  2. As an indication

I would never be as categorical as to say that all indicators are destined to fail.

Simply because I've had a share of success with specific combination of oscillators.

The problem perhaps lies in the way wast majority of traders interpret them and don't come to conclusion that most of the indicators are lagging in nature and do not represent the predictability of the future.

I like non-repainting indicators. Because I can backtest them, which would presumingly gives me an opportunity to come up with some statistical edge, based on the indicator alone, for purely technical execution.

I'm not a fan (as I'm not a robot and I don't like EA's), but I believe in an edge derived purely from a specific combination of technical indicators. I would even say that there are plenty of viable combinations.

Edge based on indicators is not the problem however. Adaptation and execution is the problem. The inherent need for certainty/predictability is the problem... and human weakness in general of course.

Also I think there's a spectrum - from purely technical/mathematical to more fundamental types of indicators (volume, volume profile, market profile, order book, currency strength etc.).

• Tripack, BOedge and shoortyking like this

#14 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

I think there are two ways of looking at indicators:

• As a signal
  • As an indication
I would never be as categorical as to say that all indicators are destined to fail.
Simply because I've had a share of success with specific combination of oscillators.

The problem perhaps lies in the way wast majority of traders interpret them and don't come to conclusion that most of the indicators are lagging in nature and do not represent the predictability of the future.
I like non-repainting indicators. Because I can backtest them, which would presumingly gives me an opportunity to come up with some statistical edge, based on the indicator alone, for purely technical execution.

I'm not a fan (as I'm not a robot and I don't like EA's), but I believe in an edge derived purely from a specific combination of technical indicators. I would even say that there are plenty of viable combinations.
Edge based on indicators is not the problem however. Adaptation and execution is the problem. The inherent need for certainty/predictability is the problem... and human weakness in general of course.

Also I think there's a spectrum - from purely technical/mathematical to more fundamental types of indicators (volume, volume profile, market profile, order book, currency strength etc.).

I think that in the end you do not need to think too much, some people are paid very much to do this and relay true or false info to the medias about end goals. The markets do react to this fundamental data input on a more or less long term. Up to you as a technical analyst to try and get the most out of it, by any means you like incl indicators of all kinds.

#15 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

Good day all

It is absolutely great to be able to post here. Finally registrations are open!

So i've been checking out posts on BOE for about 6 months now, reading a lot and not being able to download a single thing has been extremely frustrating  honestly. Now that i have a chance, been combing through some of the links i saved to have a chance to download and test everything myself

So does anyone have any suggestions on what indi's/strategies have been working well for them and can provide links to them here?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Lots of good karma to give out!

I shall kick off the karma train by attaching some indi's that are definitely NRP, but the problem has been i've been unable to get a good fix on proper parameter values for good itm ratio. Anyone willing to try them out and please share optimal settings welcome!

Are you asking for Binary Options strategies? Nothing works for them in hindsight with the help of an indicator only. You can however use a simple stochastic with simple settings like 5,3,3 or 6,4,2 and spot divergence and can be used for bins but only if you are not going for a fixed expiry. Nadex style maybe. I did try everything from available strategies to inventing my own but the limitation of expiry time always kills you. 

Either go with Forex or Binary options which lets you close your trade before expiry at your will like Nadex. Then any indicator would work just fine if you use it during non trending market which is usually after 12-1pm New york time upto 1am I would say. 

And maybe still try Traderpusa's strategy as well he have done good however contradicting to him, yes indicators work when you know how to use them and can not be used with a blind eye, you have to have a market feel.

If anyone is good at spotting 1 -3 candles(even if it goes agasint you first) in their direction but is failing because of expiry times I would say Futures Scalping is for you. I can not explain why futures is better than spot forex but it just is and you will know when you will trade. Scalp S&P or OIL with an account of 3k and you can make good money.

Good Luck.

Singh

"The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me rod while teaching."
- Jesse Livermore

My Youtube channel for trading videos -  https://www.youtube....user/mindpl4y3r

#16 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:37 AM

I posted this before in another thread but it fits well here - some strats that can work well. They all require that you spend some time with them (that includes a lot of reading), learn what they are all about and spend the time to master them. That should keep you busy for some time...

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/1090-newbies-start-here

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/5155-profit-with-stilios-way

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/3885-patience-discipline-focus-trading-system-above-average-returns
and
www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/5205-some-easy-lines-for-billykays-patience-discipline-focus-strategy

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/3865-trend-friend-any-timeframe

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/6096-hhll-failure-extreme-bbands-divergence

for FX there is now also this one

www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/6269-verified-lazy-larry-discussion-thread/

I'd like to add two things. One is that it is not enough to test thousands of indis. It means nothing if you don't know how they work, if you don't know what they do. You are probably testing the same stuff over and over again, the same stuff with a different fancy new name or a slightly different shuffle of the same indicator groups. So it helps when you know that when RSI is in obos that it can mean both reversal or that you are in a very strong trend or that RSI and Stoch at similar settings basically show you the same thing. Also when exploring ideas the key is to be exact and strict about rules. In your pic above from the bit of info you gave it appears that two candles before the blue vertical there would have been a false signal... It happens a lot, the good set ups are cherry picked and the bad ones ignored. Well, once you put it in indicator form the ones you ignored before suddenly show up and your 90% strat ends up at 50%. For testing basic ideas check out eabuilder so you can learn how to code some basic stuff yourself. Plus some knowledge of what you are throwing together and how it works and what indicator groups basically do the same will also help. It is useful if you know why your strat, your indis, are not performing well and if you may need to take a break and wait for conditions to change, or why your idea is not performing as hoped.

The other is that too many focus on that 85-90% success rate that is mentioned above. You don't need it. If you have a decent strat and stick to it, and by that I mean you stick to it like a robot would, then you only need 60-65% to be profitable if the payout is at least 70%. The issue is not so much if a strat is working but that people want to profit a lot and quickly. 2% profit per day on average or even 10% profit per day is not enough. Must be more, most be faster, must be the holy grail. That is why they look at martingale strats so that they can hit that coveted 100% success rate that promises high profits. With martingale broker spread, delayed entries, missed trades at the broker side, etc will cause your martingale chain to be disrupted often enough for it not to work. One failed trade at the 4th level requires 30-50 successful trades to recover just from that one compounded loss, depending on the kind of martingale strat you use. When that happens two or three times per 100 trades, and it does, they wonder why their trading feels like treading water and why they never get ahead. They never get ahead because they never sit down to do the math and take stock of what they are doing and how well that is working. When slow and steady produces enough small profits to add up over time. Aim for a 65% success rate, if it drops to 60% on a bad day you are still ahead. That is realistic, that is doable (for BO, at smaller time frames). Anything above that is the cherry on top. In time you grow your account and then increase the trade amount accordingly. Eventually small profits become bigger profits. Over time.

• BigKev67 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ajeeshgalaxy

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.