Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  traderpusa : (19 January 2020 - 08:20 PM) Kurt09 you should post in appropriate thread with screenshots to prove your case
@  kurt09 : (19 January 2020 - 03:25 PM) They Analist Edward Shultz is the biggest scammer, stay away from them
@  kurt09 : (19 January 2020 - 03:24 PM) Elitetrading.co and Tradeidiea is Big Scam, they dont let you withdraw yourr money
@  joacim : (19 January 2020 - 05:28 AM) vostro
@  traderpusa : (18 January 2020 - 09:54 PM) great. good luck trading in 2020 !
@  Singh : (18 January 2020 - 03:37 PM) @traderpusa naw man, I give up, its too much to baby sit people, give them rules and guidance and then restart again lol I am better off trading myself here and there.
@  traderpusa : (17 January 2020 - 09:34 PM) sorry to hear that. Keep on looking I would say.
@  Singh : (17 January 2020 - 04:20 PM) @traderpusa Nope, was a shit show. I doubt there is a good trader out there with a good risk management etc, demo is all bell and whistles lol
@  traderpusa : (16 January 2020 - 09:05 PM) Is your guy still active ?
@  traderpusa : (16 January 2020 - 09:05 PM) all good Singh. Back to the daily grind of trading.
@  Singh : (16 January 2020 - 03:45 PM) @blessedtj Hola
@  Singh : (16 January 2020 - 03:45 PM) @traderpusa Sup Man
@  blessedtj : (15 January 2020 - 11:35 PM) hi all
@  traderpusa : (15 January 2020 - 10:09 PM) Hi Singh.
@  Singh : (15 January 2020 - 01:04 PM) Hey T
@  Singh : (15 January 2020 - 01:04 PM) Sup Fellas
@  Tripack : (14 January 2020 - 01:19 PM) Best to throw your question in a thread here http://www.binaryopt...ing-assistance/
@  forza125 : (14 January 2020 - 08:33 AM) ?
@  forza125 : (13 January 2020 - 02:23 PM) can anyone put an alert on a histogram?
@  traderpusa : (08 January 2020 - 02:49 AM) it is.

Photo

(Verified) Lazy Larry discussion thread.

• Please log in to reply
4714 replies to this topic

#4621 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:18 AM

Opened a long grid on Monday on UJ but price dropped like hell on Monday and Tuesday

Have been looking at UJ for many months and still can't figure out how I could trade it  :)  In my opinion, it often has little respect for levels, in spite of being second liquid pair  :huh:

• traderpusa, dkomarov, victorckk and 2 others like this

#4622 dkomarov

dkomarov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationBig Russia's Motherland

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

Have been looking at UJ for many months and still can't figure out how I could trade it :) In my opinion, it often has little respect for levels, in spite of being second liquid pair :huh:

I'm thinking about to start using stop losses. I hate watching a trade going against me for many days or even weeks. Once price has broken all the levels I thought would hold, I lost my edge and from that point that's a gambling for me as all I can do is hope that it will come back. I know being wrong is hard to accept as there is always a chance to reduce loss or turn it to profit. I'm just wondering if it's better to take smaller losses rather than a big fat one. I know sooner or later I will get stuck in a grid for long and when I do it will be a pain in the bum.
  • Tripack, traderpusa, Dyabolus and 4 others like this

"It's how u handle the losses and the setbacks that will ultimately determine your success as a trader"

#4623 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:54 AM

I'm thinking about to start using stop losses. I hate watching a trade going against me for many days or even weeks. Once price has broken all the levels I thought would hold, I lost my edge and from that point that's a gambling for me as all I can do is hope that it will come back. I know being wrong is hard to accept as there is always a chance to reduce loss or turn it to profit. I'm just wondering if it's better to take smaller losses rather than a big fat one. I know sooner or later I will get stuck in a grid for long and when I do it will be a pain in the bum.

I would call it "closing loosing trades at a predetermined level", even if technically it is a stop loss  :)  I occasionally (well, a couple of times only) do the same, and that it only when I choose to trade against main trend on weekly/daily chart.

#4624 dkomarov

dkomarov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

EU short +125

KpF0PlF.png

• traderpusa, Dyabolus, pol17 and 3 others like this

"It's how u handle the losses and the setbacks that will ultimately determine your success as a trader"

#4625 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

Looks like we are going to have an interesting week with a lot of movement due to Feds rate and statement on Wednesday, ECB rate and statement on Thursday plus Brexit circus is supposed to resume  :lol:

• Tripack, traderpusa, dkomarov and 3 others like this

#4626 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:38 PM

Agree here, it’s a personal approach. For me I prefer letting it go rather than go deep otm: not only you risk having to take a very difficult decision but also you are preventing using useful margin on other potential good trades too, so being stuck for weeks getting back to BE rather than making small profits after profits again. It’s a difficult and personal journey to gauge between being too aggressive or holding too long.

• traderpusa, Dyabolus, newmem and 5 others like this

#4627 bebe

bebe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:52 AM

Hello House I am back againnnnn.....

EU no go zone for now until further notice.

Beginning my journey with Larry  only Trading GOLD.

I am aware of the Volatile nature of this pair, so I will extra careful with my Margin.

Attached Thumbnails

• Larry.png

• Tripack, traderpusa, pol17 and 2 others like this

#4628 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:45 PM

Hello House I am back againnnnn.....

EU no go zone for now until further notice.

Beginning my journey with Larry  only Trading GOLD.

I am aware of the Volatile nature of this pair, so I will extra careful with my Margin.

Good luck Bebe !

ps. looks like it is trending up from your chart with Higher Lows ?

• pol17, victorckk, bebe and 1 other like this

#4629 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:36 AM

Agree here, it’s a personal approach. For me I prefer letting it go rather than go deep otm: not only you risk having to take a very difficult decision but also you are preventing using useful margin on other potential good trades too, so being stuck for weeks getting back to BE rather than making small profits after profits again. It’s a difficult and personal journey to gauge between being too aggressive or holding too long.

I understand this totally and also used to do this. On LL I have tried not using a SL and understand the having to let it run and making difficult decisions when doing so. 

My problem is that when using a SL, I have stopped out numerous trades that would turn profitable. This influences my overall profitability and therefore my entire trading experience. I have not been able to figure out my ideal stop loss distance. In saying this I have to admit that I am only trading LL on demo since February. Have probably still been too aggressive with my positions after reducing it at some point as I have achieved about 1000% account growth in 10 months.

Any hint or tips on how you apply your SL Tripack?

• traderpusa, bebe, Bigindoda and 1 other like this

#4630 dkomarov

dkomarov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:45 AM

I think being stopped out is part of the game as you never know if it had gone further against you. Probably its better to take smaller losses then getting into a difficult situation.
  • traderpusa, Dyabolus, victorckk and 3 others like this

#4631 dkomarov

dkomarov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

EU long +60

kJDueGM.png

• traderpusa, Dyabolus, pol17 and 3 others like this

#4632 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Those not following news might have woken up to a few chart surprises today.

GBP/EUR shot up on exit polls UK elections (Boris predicted to have absolute majority)

AUD shot up due to announcement USA/China deal, phase 1 as good as finalized with suspension of tariffs.

• Dyabolus, dkomarov, pol17 and 3 others like this

#4633 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:53 AM

+80 pips on EU long overnight.

Attached Thumbnails

• 131219.png

• traderpusa, Dyabolus, dkomarov and 3 others like this

#4634 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

I said it would be an interesting week  :lol:  What fireworks on EU on Friday: 70 pips in one direction, then 87 pips in the opposite direction  :D Let's not forget that previous 4 weeks average WEEKLY movement was 70-80 pips on this pair! Beautiful whipsaw. Hope Larry team members are safe and we continue the fight on Monday. Nice weekend all!

#4635 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

small weekend read :  https://www.babypips...-forex-20191213

• dkomarov, pol17, victorckk and 1 other like this

#4636 snrperfect

snrperfect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

Great Job Guys, I've been reading from Page 1. 

As the christmas holidays draw close, does anyone think this week (and maybe next week) is a good period to trade? 

• traderpusa and bebe like this

#4637 pol17

pol17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:40 AM

As the christmas holidays draw close, does anyone think this week (and maybe next week) is a good period to trade? 

If you did read the thread from page 1 through, you would not ask this question.

• dkomarov and bebe like this

#4638 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for reading the thread.

For levels to work we want some volume in the market.  Typically volume is a bit lower between Christmas and New Year, so levels might overshoot a bit more.

That being said, you should note there is only 1 banking day in that week (2019-2020).

14cc442971921703934d41229c382da8.png

So Larry will work and you can trade.

• Dyabolus, dkomarov, pol17 and 3 others like this

#4639 Rookie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

Howdy all,

If you manage to get these results, will you start a live account or continue demo and learn some more? 

5-months results.

Would love to read feedback from all angle.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

• traderpusa, Dyabolus, dkomarov and 3 others like this

#4640 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

Seems like you have a nice run for 5 months already.

I would suggest you go live, because there is no point staying on demo.

The goal is to make money trading after all.

Just make sure you manage your risk.

• Dyabolus, pol17, victorckk and 2 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

canalha

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.