Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Ghostly84 : (20 September 2018 - 04:09 AM) Good morning, traderpuse, did you trade today?
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 07:03 PM) Good morning
@  sgfn01 : (19 September 2018 - 06:49 PM) maksim
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:39 AM) later, bit busy now, just dropping by
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 09:35 AM) could you post it?
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 09:35 AM) +108 nice
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:31 AM) no time
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:31 AM) not time
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:31 AM) but needed massive recode of the ea lol
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:31 AM) i am +108 today.
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 09:28 AM) looks good
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 09:26 AM) oil news...
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 08:49 AM) any comment tp? :)
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 08:48 AM) this my two unning trades: UJ: https://charts.mql5....ng-point-of.png and UC: https://charts.mql5....ng-point-of.png
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 08:46 AM) oh thanks
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 08:41 AM) https://gyazo.com/2a...bbc70e08158e298
@  traderpusa : (19 September 2018 - 08:41 AM) brexit
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 06:52 AM) what happend with GU?
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 03:52 AM) :angry:
@  Bigindoda : (19 September 2018 - 03:52 AM) no time to trade :( but there is lot of good opportunity..

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

About flame wars ...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

POPULAR

Hi BOE,

One other good original thread was again under « flame war » attack again from various members recently and it is hard to differentiate who is wrong from who is right, as from what I can see many stakeholders do have different point of views and I think valid points are often made by some parties but refused or misunderstood by the others, and vice-versa then other people chime in and add up to the fun & it gets out of control, typical...
Sorry for the OP, I will try to find a solution.

I would like to share some observations and guidelines:

1. Trolls are not welcome here, going on all guns blazing on each thread makes no sense, it’s ok to disagree about a topic but then make your point, explain why and move on, no need to insist and provoke. It’s easier to criticise someone else’s work than doing the work yourself. Also sometimes I may disagree with a member on a particular point, but will respect and agree with that same member on another topic.

2. If people are here to show off results, it is all fine but then create a blog journal section. There is no added value to post « many greens vs a few reds » screenshots; if you create or like a strategy then explain why by providing some chart examples with a bit of explanation, no need to hammer us with tons of them either. The main goal of the threads are to discuss various topics, exchange, ask questions etc. If you feel the topic should be about your performance then create a journal (Trading Journals on top of the main page). I will start to remove such stuff when I see a thread is becoming a personal result journal vs discussing the technical reasoning.

3. Do not put oil on the fire just for the fun of it, if you have a point to make, stay factual and go onto your own trading, do not comment to add even more fire for the « popcorn effect », go watch reality tv.

4. Try to be constructive, do not take remarks or questions as personal attacks, if you are confident in your strategy, statement, etc, why be on a defensive stance instead of answering a simple question ?

5. On the opposite, it is not because some people are enthusiastic about own performance and love to tell the world they had good results and how happy they feel about it that it means they are scammers, chill out...

Peace :)

Tri

P.S. Please avoid using report or pm to tell me who I need to ban and not, I get tons of those. Besides it.s a free and best effort service, lol.
  • David, traderpusa, neddihrehat and 21 others like this

#2 HAWK

HAWK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

Admin team, thanks for contribution and support for community. 

Hope to we look again Singh's topic on future. So the community dont have to paid other trouble(maker)s punishment, right. 

• devhie and rainman like this

#3 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:22 AM

Thanks!!

Re point 2.

I am sure I am not alone on this one but I love seeing lots of examples. I'd also love to see more examples of failed trades. And from more people using that strat rather than just one. So perhaps if you would take it a bit easy on that one and before removing examples remind people that there are options and that a thread should be moved to a journal so that they can post a link to it. They can always pop the journal link in the thread to keep people updated. Takes a second.

Perhaps this is an opportunity to make request: If there was a way to edit the first post of a topic to update some developments, ie current rules, indis and templates, or that links can be added that point to these posts, and that the first post can point to a journal if the OP creates one, all that would be super.

#4 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Good point, but unfortunately it’s a platform limitation. Allowing 1st post edit only is not possible :(
  • BOedge likes this

#5 littlebuddy

littlebuddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hi moderator, thank you for sharing. And also your observation and guidelines. I have to respectfully comment against this as it seems that you might have whitewash the recent flame war a little. Of course there is no point in pursuing this like a dog with a bone but I think that to be fair to the community and myself, there are some records that need to set straight. 

I suggest that you leave Singh's thread as it is. Then make a comment that from henceforth, the previous pages and comments with flame-warlike nature is to be disregarded. I think in this way, at least the community can get to conclude who are the trolls, shit-stirrer and whatnot. 

There is this thing about the agenda a person has when they make comments in this thread. And from those posts, you can clearly see. I will also man up that there are comments that was uncalled for, from me. I am sorry for making those comments that make the community uneasy. Those comments are strictly reserved and directed for the intended only. 

My very first post on the thread was met with this. Check out his intention and tone. Please read my comment and look at how he replied which was totally out of context. 

OZarvX6.png

FiSPIBG.png

wrt para 2. 

I am not sure if that para was referring to me but I can assure you, I did all of that and more. 

I showed more greens than reds yes. But i blurred out the stake size, my point was to show the high rate of success for that strategy. The focus was not on the stake size.

Chart explanations? Oh I did that too and more. I even stated the rules of my style when asked by others. 

I also showed my account balance. If you had read my posts leading up to that, you will notice that I was talking about using a MM approach to pimp up the profits. And in fact if you look at all my posts there, 50% of it are about managing MM. 

So you see the rational of my posts? I did everything you had stated in para 2 and more. 

Then a comment of 'photoshop' surfaced despite what I had shared. Then when I went further to clarify, that person actually changed his tactic but still having a last dig at me. 

I am not playing the victim here. But what I want to show you is that if such member is allowed to go pissing onto others in every thread, and he does not publicly acknowledged his actions. Then whatever we are doing here is pointless. He is so wrapped up in his mentality that the community will have to put up with him. 

Do you feel me ? I say this with respect. Thank you all for your time to read this. 

told you I'm dope  B) ...... and I am moving on.

#6 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

Back to usual business.

I only have to say that I have given my explanation to the mods. So at this point I wont give a reply to the post above here. I hope the mods will sort it out.

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#7 fantuz

fantuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDurban South Africa

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hi Tri

Ive been here since 2014. I have seen a lot of good traders come and go and i have learnt a lot. I am 44 years old and some of the wars here is worse than my 5 year old son. Some days when i read some threads i just feel like moving on from this site. 

Observation 1 is that 1 person never sees the market as another person. So if an OP is having success and you don't the flaming starts. "crappy system, it doesnt work, repaint, blah blah blah"

Observation 2 is 10 trades to decide is NOT very clever. example you win 4/10 so immediately condemn the strat. do a 100 trades, 200 trades then comment. You might learn something and apply it to another strat of yours

Observation 3 TRADE FORWARD!!!! there is always arguments over back testing results

Observation 4 calling someone ugly names, insulting them etc etc what are we here people? kindergarten? Argue with facts you have proven yourself if you disagree

Observation 5 I dont think most people want to put in the time to actually learn and MOST importantly understand! DO research on HOW a indicator actually works, if you understand something you are in a better position to use it.

• neddihrehat, devhie, singu and 4 others like this

#8 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

The only troll I've encountered on this forum is shaileshm, lol  :D

• littlebuddy likes this

#9 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

The only troll I've encountered on this forum is shaileshm, lol :D

If you are referring to your own thread, the let me explain that the strategy you explained in your thread is also commercialy available. It is called agimat system. It's the same. Level 3 zigzag, and reversal. People who have used it knows how'good' it works.

#10 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

If you are referring to your own thread, the let me explain that the strategy you explained in your thread is also commercialy available. It is called agimat system. It's the same. Level 3 zigzag, and reversal. People who have used it knows how'good' it works.

Except it's not exactly like that.

And it doesn't even matter.

What matters is that so often you act like a troll and entitled, arrogant and overall not offering much to others while complaining about stuff that people share for free.

• littlebuddy likes this

#11 fantuz

fantuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDurban South Africa

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Well I rest my case as per above. Time for me to stop commenting on this site. I will visit and check if there is anything interesting, but otherwise I will keep quiet and try to make some money

#12 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Except it's not exactly like that.

And it doesn't even matter.

What matters is that so often you act like a troll and entitled, arrogant and overall not offering much to others while complaining about stuff that people share for free.

What's wrong in complaining about stuff if it doesn't works. I also provided screenshots of where that system fails and how those losses do not show up in backtest.

#13 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

What's wrong in complaining about stuff if it doesn't works. I also provided screenshots of where that system fails and how those losses do not show up in backtest.

No that's not it. If you were constructive it's one thing but it's something totally different in how you acted back then in my thread. Even so demanding that people spend all their time teaching you more complex trading approaches/ systems for free that have nothing to do with some systems/ indicators posted here but would take months to train.

And I saw many other threads where you acted like a troll to others.

Simply my philosophy here is: I'm grateful for what people post and share even if it doesn't work for everyone. But I can try it out and if it doesn't work for me I'm not going to act like a total troll to them. Take it or leave it and move on, there are 1000's of other indicators and Binary systems to try.

• littlebuddy likes this

#14 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

No that's not it. If you were constructive it's one thing but it's something totally different in how you acted back then in my thread. Even so demanding that people spend all their time teaching you more complex trading approaches/ systems for free that have nothing to do with some systems/ indicators posted here but would take months to train.

And I saw many other threads where you acted like a troll to others.

Well if you teach only for a fee, it's fine with me, but such commercial activities are not allowed in this forum. I hope you are aware of that. And no need to label people as troll just because they are not willing to pay you a fee or something.

Also philosophy wise no need to label other as troll just because they have a different philosophy than yours.

#15 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

For fuck sake, calm down kids and learn to put your ego down and relax. Though these small back and forth stupid arguments you guys do are good for entertainment but they are useless otherwise and does not belong to this forum so once again calm the fuck down and relax.

• David, neddihrehat, devhie and 6 others like this

"The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me rod while teaching."
- Jesse Livermore

My Youtube channel for trading videos -  https://www.youtube....user/mindpl4y3r

#16 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

For fuck sake, calm down kids and learn to put your ego down and relax. Though these small back and forth stupid arguments you guys do are good for entertainment but they are useless otherwise and does not belong to this forum so once again calm the fuck down and relax.

Thanks man. But not sure what to do if people simply refer to you by names. Do I reply? or stay quiet and let it pass by?..

Anyways,The mods have done their best to sort out all the issues. If anyone still have any issues with me, simply report them straight to mods instead of trolling in here..lol.

#17 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Well if you teach only for a fee, it's fine with me, but such commercial activities are not allowed in this forum. I hope you are aware of that. And no need to label people as troll just because they are not willing to pay you a fee or something.

Also philosophy wise no need to label other as troll just because they have a different philosophy than yours.

You see what you do. You put allegations against people and stuff in their mouth...

Just because I don't want to teach somebody for months on end for free does not mean that I sell anything. My time is precious. I would especially not want to give out difficult stuff that would take so much of my time to ungrateful anonymous people on the internet.

I posted one strategy out of 100's on this forum. Most strategies on here are more convenient and 'lazy' signals. Some may work for some people some don't. If you don't want to learn more complex stuff by putting in time to research on your own stop complaining.

All I'm saying is you often act like a troll to people and don't really offer much yourself.

• littlebuddy likes this

#18 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

You see what you do. You put allegations against people and stuff in their mouth...

The thread was started by the mods for a specific reason, then YOU and some others decided to gang up again against me. Lets be clear about it.

Just because I don't want to teach somebody for months on end for free does not mean that I sell anything. My time is precious. I would especially not want to give out difficult stuff that would take so much of my time to ungrateful anonymous people on the internet.

I posted one strategy out of 100's on this forum. Most strategies on here are more convenient and 'lazy' signals. Some may work for some people some don't. If you don't want to learn more complex stuff by putting in time to research on your own stop complaining.

Wether you have time or not, I am not going to pay you anything. Its as simple as that. If mods figure out that you are trying some commercial stuff you will be banned.

All I'm saying is you often act like a troll to people and don't really offer much yourself.

Then please put your philosophy that you stated to work, be grateful and move on.

Simply my philosophy here is: I'm grateful for what people post and share even if it doesn't work for everyone. But I can try it out and if it doesn't work for me I'm not going to act like a total troll to them. Take it or leave it and move on, there are 1000's of other indicators and Binary systems to try.

#19 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

The thread was started by the mods for a specific reason, then YOU and some others decided to gang up again against me. Lets be clear about it.

Wether you have time or not, I am not going to pay you anything. Its as simple as that. If mods figure out that you are trying some commercial stuff you will be banned.

Then please put your philosophy that you stated to work, be grateful and move on.

See exactly here is where you're trolling again...

I stated 1000 times that I don't sell anything and that I'm an independent trader and yet you still are trying to suggest that I'm trying to sell something or offering to teach for money. You already did that in my thread back then. 

There's a reason why people 'gang up' on you here. Because everybody's is fed up with your antics. On some other forums the mods would be way less patient with people like you.

• littlebuddy likes this

#20 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

See exactly here is where you're trolling again...

There's a reason why people 'gang up' on you here. Because everybody's is fed up with your antics. On some other forums the mods would be way less patient with people like you.

In that case you can report the matter to mods and let them decide who is derailing and trolling the thread. Or maybe put your philosophy that you stated to work and move on thankfully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.