Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:33 PM) good job tp
@  mathaba : (18 June 2018 - 02:28 PM) where can i get candle time indicator for mac
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:24 AM) example of my MM.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:24 AM) was busy for first TP, price reversed so entered again in the zone to the second most recent level.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:23 AM) GU : https://gyazo.com/e8...cf22655b4ba3a50
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 07:29 AM) eu maybe double top?
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 03:41 AM) yes, should be good
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:24 AM) 1.163 zone will be good for short?
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:24 AM) Hello tp
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:15 AM) u have given valuable information since so many days
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:13 AM) :(
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:12 AM) if it is not published, there is no link yet, so stop now please.
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:11 AM) can i have link of your strategy in boe
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:09 AM) ?
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:09 AM) i will publish that very shortly.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:08 AM) yes larry
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:08 AM) larry?
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:07 AM) yes in boe. my strategy explained.
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:06 AM) when can i except
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:05 AM) ?

Photo

Imbalances in a strong trend.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

As discussed in other thread, in this strategy we are trying to get into local (tops/bottoms) in a strong (bear/bull) market. Ideally one can use to on M1 TF with 5 candle expiry, or maybe also on higher TF.

eU0LTyY.png

However due to repainting nature of TMA bands, in live markets it manages to catch setups only towards the end of the trend. Maybe this strategy is interesting to some people and can suggest ways to improve it.

Thanks

• Momentum, tradesmart, pangU_ and 1 other like this
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#2 Momentum

Momentum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

Looks nice shaileshm.

Would you mind posting your indi's and template please?

Want to test it too.

#3 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

Looks nice shaileshm.

Would you mind posting your indi's and template please?

Want to test it too.

It looks nice on backtest as TMA is repaint. In live markets it shows setups mostly towards the end of a trend.

The averages rainbow you can download from here.

http://www.binaryopt...with-the-river/

I am attaching the TMA.

Attached Files

• Momentum and shoortyking like this

#4 Purse

Purse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:55 AM

What i see on that particular chart is not any sort of MA, but a direction with clear volatile breaks, retracing to its previous structure support and resistance. The TMA isnt really necesarry at all, nor the other MA. The regular MA fan might be used to better visualize trend, but its pretty much just a break of support and resistance. 

Its basically a simple example of the dow theory, HH, HL // LH, LL - In volatile and strong markets, price tends to retrace back to its prev broken. high or low to continue from there. Aspects to consider are the volatility / momentum of how price has broken that level and how it returned. Also, in fact, its way more accurate than the actual use of TMA or whatever bands that might be. 

Traderpusa for instance is just trading that for idk how long... 

Therefore an improvement would be simply, to not looking at the TMA bands, but on price itself. 

You also mentioned that it mostly happens towards the end of a trend, while M1 timeframes doesnt really have any (stable) trends, but are directional noises of the overall trends and therefore doesnt occur  at any end, but somewhere in between. 

Also to keep in mind is, that price most commonly not turns around with a massive high volatility, but its basically building into the incoming directional move and therefore not happen right at the beginning, but more towards the, middle

fxdI6wn.png

Sure you´ve been aware of the things happening on your chart, no doubts  :P

Cheers

• traderpusa and Momentum like this

#5 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

was having the same thoughts when i looked at the chart, but then i thought if i publish that i will get into an unnecessary argument again lol.

the suggested entries are just based on price and retrace levels, no indi needed for that.

#6 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

I posted the idea after some people had requested for it in other discussion. In BO the entry candle has to be very precisly defined. Simple HH - LL idea will not be sufficient. TP trades fx so there he can afford to have some lax on the entry.

In any case I hope some people will find ways to work on it. Of course at the end , nothing is important. Neither TMA nor MA not price, nothing at all.

#7 Purse

Purse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

I posted the idea after some people had requested for it in other discussion. In BO the entry candle has to be very precisly defined. Simple HH - LL idea will not be sufficient. TP trades fx so there he can afford to have some lax on the entry.

In any case I hope some people will find ways to work on it. Of course at the end , nothing is important. Neither TMA nor MA not price, nothing at all.

You can trade these level without any problems, also when it comes to BOs. Ive traded that for more than a year in BOs beside FX and it worked throughout profitable. Just adapt the expiry times a little bit. BOs is not just about 60 second and 5 minute expiry, but als 10 minutes, 15 or even 30...  or higher. BO only means that you have to stay above or below entry within the choosen expiry time and not make a bet every 60 seconds, right :D

and entry lacks in Fx are also not possible, since there is a stop loss, which can get hit any time soon, while in BO you cant get kicked out of your position unless the time is over. So, a matter of time, a matter of distance...

In BO you only have to think about, how likey it is, that price starts to accumulate towards that level and you are good to go. 

So my suggested improvement is, look at the price and not TMA, because its more accurate :)

#8 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

TMA is also based on price. and that suggestion you gave my friend , IMHO is a complete BS suggestion from a typical non-BO trader. :)

#9 Purse

Purse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:35 AM

TMA is also based on price. and that suggestion you gave my friend , IMHO is a complete BS suggestion from a typical non-BO trader. :)

If you know better about given suggestions, why not already mentioned about it and why even asking for suggestions, if you in general know always and everything better?

Beside calling underlied facts BS right away. 

Also TMA is based on price, what means, its not price. It uses price data to create a different calculation base, to display visually different values related TO price.

Thats why indicators beside raw price exist, to change its appearance / math, to get smth else than its original values, in this case, a simple triangular moving average (magic stuff) and as TMA implies (Focus at MA), it cant be as accurate as price itself, since its an MOVING AVERAGE, the middle of 2 raw values. (math and stuff, u know)

But why even put on indicators then, if TMAs "are price"? Why putting together 100 strategies, with 500 indicators every month, if all is just price?

Now telling me that my sugguestion of using only price instead TMAs is bullshit, but mentioning right after, TMAs are based on price *facepalm*

I traded BOs, profitable, way back in time, so i know exactly what im talking about. That i now dropped off BOs entirely for quite some time is not related to the success, but opportunities / regulations BOs in general offer, which is not much.... 

I know, its a difficulty to come across this enlightment, buts its true.

Fortunately im not the only one here at BoE.... Beside the fact, that this type of trader you mentioned about (The retarded non - bo traders, who are able to trade BOs the same way as forex, futures, stocks etc. making evidently real money without changing their strategie more often than their underwear. 

But your logic is, if you dont trade BOs, you cant trade BOs...Not simply because, its literally a financial piece of garbage within the mean of smart investments. 

However, my suggestion were not talking about the advantages and disadvantages of FX, Futures, BOs, Fonds or whatever, but related to your request.

I wrote down a fact, a suggestions to help out whoever makes use this "strategy" and you call it right away BS. 

However, if you like to trade BOs above anything else, fine, do so, it just doesnt change fundamentals of the instrument nor of how efficiencies and inefficiencies work

But i´ll leave this particular thread alone and baffle somewhere else with facts and logic, because real suggestions with proven records arent welcome in your world, where only the virtual dick size matters.

Have a good one  :P

#10 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAsturias - Spain

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Today not too much time for trading, but I was experimenting a bit.

3 trades, 3 ITMs only taking trades as soon as a candle closes outside of TMA (sorry, I didn´t take screenshoots).

I think it can be something interesting for a new strat, or it can be used also as a visual enhancement for existing strategies. Probably it can help those that have problems to take a trade at the right moment.

But needs more testing. I will continue testing next week.

#11 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

In any case taking the suggestions from Purse, I added a supply demand imbalance indicator. Its possible to turn on the resistance lines but I think its not required.

WIYhnzl.png

Just as in the picture above, trade in strong trends, when price crosses back away from TMA band, and supply demand shows a imbalance of 1:4 or better, enter in the direction of trend.

• jesusrcc likes this

#12 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

Seems like this might work out. There are very few trades this way though. Today I got 3-0 with 6 charts open on my screen. Additionally one still needs to take care of market hours, etc.

Attaching the template and supply demand indicator.

Attached Files

• Momentum and jesusrcc like this

#13 Purse

Purse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

In any case taking the suggestions from Purse, I added a supply demand imbalance indicator. Its possible to turn on the resistance lines but I think its not required.

That´s not exactly what i referred to and i have no idea what kind of indication that particular indicator is supposed to provide at current marekt conditions, but i illustratated smth what represents my suggestion a little bit clearlier.

Valid and clean break of Prev. H/L - Price returns to its prev. broken H/L with moderate volatility. All that has to happen in a stable trend and only in the direction of it. 

u3H2QWQ.png

Efficiency and inefficiency is how well price has done its job in the market. The Inefficiency in this case, is the rapid price move through the prev. low, which causes smth like empty layers within that price span. These layers then has to get filled with orders in order to keep price efficient. Thats why price behaves like that and returns to these particular breaking points quite frequently. 

Not always, but with a good portion of probability

aum0FBh.png

• jesusrcc likes this

#14 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

That´s not really related to my suggestion and i have no idea what kind of indication that particular indicator is supposed to provide at current marekt conditions, but i illustratated smth what represents my suggestion a little bit clearlier.

Valid and clean break of Prev. H/L - Price returns to its prev. broken H/L with moderate volatility. All that has to happen in a stable trend and only in the direction of it. 

u3H2QWQ.png

this indicator is based on that idea only. Its possible to turn on the levels and do a visual test. Maybe it will give a more accurate entry. Anyways I am no longer discussing this with you. If you interested to explain more, please I request you to start a new no-indicator thread and explain the full blown strategy there.

• pangU_ likes this

#15 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Very nice idea. Will definetly try it. Cheers!

:)

“The best way to end up with $1000 in forex is to start with $2000”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.