Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:33 PM) good job tp
@  mathaba : (18 June 2018 - 02:28 PM) where can i get candle time indicator for mac
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:24 AM) example of my MM.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:24 AM) was busy for first TP, price reversed so entered again in the zone to the second most recent level.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 08:23 AM) GU : https://gyazo.com/e8...cf22655b4ba3a50
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 07:29 AM) eu maybe double top?
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 03:41 AM) yes, should be good
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:24 AM) 1.163 zone will be good for short?
@  Bigindoda : (18 June 2018 - 03:24 AM) Hello tp
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:15 AM) u have given valuable information since so many days
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:13 AM) :(
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:12 AM) if it is not published, there is no link yet, so stop now please.
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:11 AM) can i have link of your strategy in boe
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:09 AM) ?
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:09 AM) i will publish that very shortly.
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:08 AM) yes larry
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:08 AM) larry?
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2018 - 01:07 AM) yes in boe. my strategy explained.
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:06 AM) when can i except
@  venkatredy : (18 June 2018 - 01:05 AM) ?

Photo

What candle to choose - Bull or Bear?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Hello everyone!

For me is a pleasure to be a part of this great community.

I want to ask all of you which is better - to take a trade in the direction of your entry candle or in the opposite direction?

Let's discus a PUT option:

1. For example if i decide to take a put i prefer to take a bull candle for entry so i can have an advantage of the price if it really goes down in my direction.

2. Another way is if i am going to take a put and i choose my entry candle to be a bearish. So it is more safest way but i will not have that advantage of the price and if something goes wrong my trade will end as OTM easier.

It is tricky and it really depends of the situation but i believe anyone of you got a preference way.

Of course there are people which are traiding only the next one candle. So, this thread will be useless for them for sure.

I won't attach a screenshot because someone will start talking about "WHY THE F*** YOU WILL TAKE THAT TRADE AT ALL?, THERE IS S/R, THERE IS RN" and etc...

It will be pelasure to hear your opinion. Please, do not blame me about that thread. It can be newbiesh, it can be everything. If you can't help - do not make the opposite.

Cheers!

:)

• Tripack likes this

“The best way to end up with $1000 in forex is to start with $2000”

#2 hatırlaa

hatırlaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

I think it depends on your style. I know some people trade when their levels hit no matter what the situation. Or some people decide first the way lets say PUT side, then they wait for price to go high so they can trap bulls. 

But personally I always trade when my side prove itself. I take put when new low is made. I take call when the price makes higher high. 

• danyroad likes this

195b6b3376864735b4638460a892b05f.png

#3 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Nowadays I do not really care since I look at targets and not time.
But in the past when I was still doing bins, it is also a question I asked myself on a regular basis :) In the end I never found an answer...
Whether you trade on a candle by candle basis or several (I traded 4 candles for a long time) it kind of comes up to like you flip a coin and you have a tail, is it best to go for head on the next one because odds are greater ? I mean I had many cases where I wanted to put then the thing just pushed more up even though there was a good resistance or whatever, and on the opposite many cases when after confirmation I had 3 bearish candles the the fourth bullish just blew all previous 3...
  • danyroad likes this
Taking a forum break. Enjoy the flame wars, the trolling, the hate & the boasting.

#4 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Actually both are possible I would say. Personally I trade after a candle of same color with trend. After a pullback is over I wait for a small to medium candle to confirm the continuation and then take the entry.

I would say it's possible to also trend trade with opposite color candle but the analysis has to be quite different.T his shouldn't be done with the Billy Kay strategy(which I assume you are using). So far I have seen only one strategy which trades this way. I can recall that it's major problem was that it gave signals only towards the end of the trend. That made it risky. But I had some ideas how to make it better. If people are interested I will do some testing on it over the weekend and post it on strategy development section , where other people can work more on it.
  • danyroad likes this
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#5 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAsturias - Spain

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

After a pullback is over I wait for a small to medium candle to confirm the continuation and then take the entry.

could you show an example of this? please...

I would say it's possible to also trend trade with opposite color candle but the analysis has to be quite different.T his shouldn't be done with the Billy Kay strategy(which I assume you are using). So far I have seen only one strategy which trades this way. I can recall that it's major problem was that it gave signals only towards the end of the trend. That made it risky. But I had some ideas how to make it better. If people are interested I will do some testing on it over the weekend and post it on strategy development section , where other people can work more on it.

it would be interesting to know about that strategy.

• danyroad likes this

#6 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

I think it depends on your style. I know some people trade when their levels hit no matter what the situation. Or some people decide first the way lets say PUT side, then they wait for price to go high so they can trap bulls.

But personally I always trade when my side prove itself. I take put when new low is made. I take call when the price makes higher high.

Yes. It depends from the style and the situation i think. Sometimes if i play reversal in small ranges when the channel seems fully respected i just take the trade when the price reach the exact level even before any confirmation and i win many times like this. May be it is near to gambling to lay only on a channel trend lines but it works many times.

You trrade breakouts or you trade with the trend after a structure confirmation?

Thanks,

#7 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

Nowadays I do not really care since I look at targets and not time.
But in the past when I was still doing bins, it is also a question I asked myself on a regular basis :) In the end I never found an answer...
Whether you trade on a candle by candle basis or several (I traded 4 candles for a long time) it kind of comes up to like you flip a coin and you have a tail, is it best to go for head on the next one because odds are greater ? I mean I had many cases where I wanted to put then the thing just pushed more up even though there was a good resistance or whatever, and on the opposite many cases when after confirmation I had 3 bearish candles the the fourth bullish just blew all previous 3...

Yes, it is essentianal to have many odds in BO.

At all it seems i will come to conclusion that there is nothing so bad to enter on a opposite candle. I was just wondering if i am the only one who is doing like this way and it is against the logic of the good trader.

Thanks

#8 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

Actually both are possible I would say. Personally I trade after a candle of same color with trend. After a pullback is over I wait for a small to medium candle to confirm the continuation and then take the entry.

Yes, bro. I am really interested. I also got an idea about BK strategy. We can discus there together.

Thanks

#9 hatırlaa

hatırlaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

Yes. It depends from the style and the situation i think. Sometimes if i play reversal in small ranges when the channel seems fully respected i just take the trade when the price reach the exact level even before any confirmation and i win many times like this. May be it is near to gambling to lay only on a channel trend lines but it works many times.

You trrade breakouts or you trade with the trend after a structure confirmation?

Thanks,

Yes I usualy trade with trend. I trade pullbacks, breakouts, and some reversal patterns. 

195b6b3376864735b4638460a892b05f.png

#10 uday

uday

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

5aa8d59e67a4c67f9f1574b5378c8227.png

• shaileshm, jesusrcc and danyroad like this

The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary.” – Alexander Eldere62fa2059f4d4df0ac5c5a308adab76a.png

#11 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:23 AM

Posted the strategy idea here

http://www.binaryopt...a-strong-trend/

I tried a few things on weekend, but couldnt come up with anything to significantly improve the strategy.

• jesusrcc and danyroad like this
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#12 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

5aa8d59e67a4c67f9f1574b5378c8227.png

Really nice buddy. I wish you many itms.

Is this could be applied well to 1m charts? I am still young and unpatiance so still trying to find a way to do trades on m1.

Thanks,

#13 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Posted the strategy idea here

http://www.binaryopt...a-strong-trend/

I tried a few things on weekend, but couldnt come up with anything to significantly improve the strategy.

Thanks mate! I am checking it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.