Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 02:28 AM) yeah got up to see falcon 9 launch lol
@  hatırlaa : (19 April 2018 - 01:54 AM) you started early tp xd
@  rainman : (19 April 2018 - 01:31 AM) got it. much appreciate u taking the time to explain it.
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:32 AM) euro : retrace to DO, long +30 for several entries : https://gyazo.com/dc...ead5a67fe586bb8
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:12 AM) example : https://gyazo.com/eb...c040e557a33edeb
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:09 AM) when a level acted as res several times, the probability is very high it will act as sup after break
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:09 AM) you try to find those levels that act as support and resistance
@  rainman : (19 April 2018 - 12:06 AM) you said you drawn supply and demand zones by just connecting any 3or bottoms or tops, correct?
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:01 AM) so both for horizontal SR (or zone) or TL I look for a 1 2 3 to draw
@  traderpusa : (19 April 2018 - 12:00 AM) first point, second point, 3d point of the trendline. You can see after 3, price touched and reversed on the TL several times
@  rainman : (18 April 2018 - 11:57 PM) what's nbr 3?
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:43 PM) some of the best entries are where TL and horizontal cross.
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:41 PM) look where price turned after nbr 3 !
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:40 PM) Trend line example : https://gyazo.com/3c...1486d1c56c02d43
@  rainman : (18 April 2018 - 11:39 PM) got it. thanks again.
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:38 PM) same for trendline. I look for at least 3 points I can connect.
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:37 PM) those supply&demand indi's just draw based on fractal or ZZ. I do the same manually but only when I can connect 3 tops/bottoms or more.
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 11:36 PM) manually drawn.
@  rainman : (18 April 2018 - 11:34 PM) excellent trading. blue zone is manually drawn for supply and demand zones?
@  traderpusa : (18 April 2018 - 10:17 PM) ema cross, high to low, entry on low, with nearby trendline. some support level and higher lows.

Photo

Binary Options Europe

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 andrewkeet

andrewkeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

https://www.esma.eur...-binary-options

#2 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Binary Options in Europe will be banned?

• zeeshan ali likes this

#3 SteveCandiski

SteveCandiski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

I noticed that the binary.com broker is licensed under the MGA, as if it were a gambling site and not a financial instrument (otherwise it would have to have cysec license)

What do you think? Is binary.com untouchable?

#4 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Mmmm, from what I can see around some brokers are preparing for that so this project could well become a reality ...

Taking a forum break. Enjoy the flame wars, the trolling, the hate & the boasting.

#5 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

Latest update: https://www.esma.eur...-protect-retail

Apparently the proposal on leverage would be:

On CFDs:

- 30:1 max on major FX pairs

- 20:1 max on indices

- 10:1 max on commodities

- 5:1 max on stocks

On Binary Options:

Simple total ban in EU.

• singu likes this
Taking a forum break. Enjoy the flame wars, the trolling, the hate & the boasting.

#6 faryne

faryne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

That could be a nice protection but this is just unregulated brokers advertising...

#7 Mitch

Mitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Here a little bit more: https://www.esma.eur...ail_clients.pdf

In detail, ESMA wrote regarding Binary Options: „In relation to BOs, ESMA is considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options to retail clients. ESMA is currently minded to adopt this measure as the significant investor protection concerns relating to this product are due to inherent features of the product that are unlikely to be sufficiently addressed through certain restrictions on the product (e.g. minimum duration contract periods). In particular, the pricing structure of the product means that, on average, investors will experience negative expected returns without providing any clear compensating benefits to retail investors (e.g. the hedging function served by vanilla options). The alternative option of a total ban that would include professional clients is not under consideration due to the lack of evidence of harm to this type of client.“

My question: What is the difference between „considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options“ and “The alternative option of a total ban [...] is not under consideration“ ?
Is prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options not a total ban?

• Tripack and nitrousr8 like this

#8 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

My question: What is the difference between „considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options“ and “The alternative option of a total ban [...] is not under consideration“ ?
Is prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options not a total ban?

In theory it means that customers may not be approached by such firms. So publicity, sales etc is not allowed. However we have seen with some countries where this applies already that many brokers do not provide services at all to their citizens anymore, unless eventually you are an existing customer.

#9 Mitch

Mitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Tripack.
I am curious what ESMA will ultimately decide 
and what that will mean for brokers and clients.

There are already some effects: https://www.financem...tions-activity/

#10 ameint

ameint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:45 AM

Goodbye Binary Options ESMA Decision 27.03.2018

https://www.esma.eur...etail-investors

• traderpusa and singu like this

#11 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAsturias - Spain

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

It looks esma takes the easier way, banning instead  forcing brokers to comply with regulations and prosecuting those brokers who doesn´t comply with them

• nitrousr8 likes this

#12 Devastator

Devastator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:37 AM

Quickly fold super mega profitable strategies, binary options close :D

#13 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

It looks like this is just for EU based brokers/ traders?

There should be tons of workarounds outside of EU?

#14 seanair

seanair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHome away from home.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

CqB6Bda.jpg

A little background into this post. I served with the Coalition Forces during Operation Desert Storm in 91.

And this was the overnight sensation and famed Iraqi Information Minister under Iraqi President Saddam Hussein then. Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf.

Every country needs one of this bloke during crisis. He has the perfect poker face regardless the situation. 

When the news feed of the ESMA announcement came out, I called my IQoption account manager. We had a short conversation. At the end of the call, it was Deja Vu all freaking over again. 

All I could think of at that moment was this, then Iraqi Information Minister. This is what the impression, the IQoption account manager gave me. 

Everything is just fine ! ROFL. 

• nitrousr8 likes this

from a seanair,  slàinte mhòr! 

Core concept of my trading (These are very similar to how I slay it)

https://www.forexfac...ad.php?t=307381

http://www.binaryopt...ersal-analysis/

#15 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

CqB6Bda.jpg

A little background into this post. I served with the Coalition Forces during Operation Desert Storm in 91.

And this was the overnight sensation and famed Iraqi Information Minister under Iraqi President Saddam Hussein then. Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf.

Every country needs one of this bloke during crisis. He has the perfect poker face regardless the situation. 

When the news feed of the ESMA announcement came out, I called my IQoption account manager. We had a short conversation. At the end of the call, it was Deja Vu all freaking over again. 

All I could think of at that moment was this, then Iraqi Information Minister. This is what the impression, the IQoption account manager gave me. 

Everything is just fine ! ROFL. 

Is IQOption based in EU?

Are you based in a EU country?

#16 danyroad

danyroad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

So, i've learned a lot and they banned it?

I think they banned BO because more people start getting into it and they will realize how to make some money at the end.

They will not banned it because BO will make u lose money, they will banned it because they do not want you to make money.

That's it.

Hope there is no such a thing...

• Tradista and niedzius like this

“The best way to end up with $1000 in forex is to start with $2000”

#17 MXBO

MXBO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

What I don't quite understand is here it says "Temporary measure": https://www.fca.org....-binary-options

#18 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAsturias - Spain

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

It looks like this is just for EU based brokers/ traders?

There should be tons of workarounds outside of EU?

yes, EU brokers and EU trade4rs, but...

Probably regulated brokers outside EU will not accept traders from EU.

Unregulated and scammer brokers from over the world will accept everybody, so they will continue doing their business.

¿protecting retail traders? I don´t think so.

• niedzius, nitrousr8 and danyroad like this

#19 seanair

seanair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHome away from home.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

Is IQOption based in EU?

Are you based in a EU country?

There is a lot of ambiguity on the based-location of IQoption but I dont care really. I am from Scotland but I am residing in Singapore for a brief moment. I registered with IQoption under the pretext of living in Singapore.

Then once I am done with my visit here, I am heading back to Scotland and not going to touch binary options again.  

from a seanair,  slàinte mhòr! 

Core concept of my trading (These are very similar to how I slay it)

https://www.forexfac...ad.php?t=307381

http://www.binaryopt...ersal-analysis/

#20 TraderPro2012

TraderPro2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

So, i've learned a lot and they banned it?

I think they banned BO because more people start getting into it and they will realize how to make some money at the end.

They will not banned it because BO will make u lose money, they will banned it because they do not want you to make money.

That's it.

Hope there is no such a thing...

It always amazes me how stupid some people can be. Do you really believe that?

If you make more money, you will pay more taxes first of all. So the will get their portion of the cake too. Why would they be against you. Don´t be stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.