Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:51 PM) the only thing you have to do, after you order -- submit a support ticket asking for your VPS IP address and login information.. because they dont send it right away lol.. only if you ask. They tell me it sends to my e-mail but i never received and I ordered two now
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) not spam.. just letting you know, so they don't go bankrupt from having no customers and i lose my cheap vps :)
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) Best VPS for forex: https://www.forexcheapvps.com/ --- It is only $3.95 a month if you pay for a year at once..
@  HAWK : (23 January 2018 - 02:41 PM) LoL
@  nitrousr8 : (23 January 2018 - 11:24 AM) LuL
@  pangU_ : (23 January 2018 - 11:10 AM) Best new indicator forex, binary, stocks... https://imgur.com/a/djxGj
@  ptauss : (23 January 2018 - 09:47 AM) macd
@  littlebuddy : (23 January 2018 - 09:09 AM) Brady
@  pangU_ : (23 January 2018 - 07:42 AM) Hanks
@  nitrousr8 : (23 January 2018 - 05:18 AM) Cruise
@  HAWK : (23 January 2018 - 04:16 AM) Tom
@  xplus : (23 January 2018 - 03:03 AM) Good morning here Lagos, NG.......
@  J1mm : (22 January 2018 - 03:34 PM) after you confirmed the rejection?
@  J1mm : (22 January 2018 - 03:33 PM) sweet, you traded over a resistance 4 days ago hehe :P
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:23 PM) gotta go, laters
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:22 PM) 2nd trade of the day (spot) with simple levels https://imgur.com/7xCGHBf
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM) pays the bills though, lol
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM) Only a stupid employee :)
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:11 PM) Heh
@  Masqurade9 : (22 January 2018 - 03:10 PM) =)

Photo

Binary Options Europe

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 andrewkeet

andrewkeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

https://www.esma.eur...-binary-options

#2 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Binary Options in Europe will be banned?

• zeeshan ali likes this

#3 SteveCandiski

SteveCandiski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

I noticed that the binary.com broker is licensed under the MGA, as if it were a gambling site and not a financial instrument (otherwise it would have to have cysec license)

What do you think? Is binary.com untouchable?

#4 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Mmmm, from what I can see around some brokers are preparing for that so this project could well become a reality ...

#5 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted Today, 07:12 AM

Latest update: https://www.esma.eur...-protect-retail

Apparently the proposal on leverage would be:

On CFDs:

- 30:1 max on major FX pairs

- 20:1 max on indices

- 10:1 max on commodities

- 5:1 max on stocks

On Binary Options:

Simple total ban in EU.

• singu likes this

#6 faryne

faryne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

That could be a nice protection but this is just unregulated brokers advertising...

#7 Mitch

Mitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

Here a little bit more: https://www.esma.eur...ail_clients.pdf

In detail, ESMA wrote regarding Binary Options: „In relation to BOs, ESMA is considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options to retail clients. ESMA is currently minded to adopt this measure as the significant investor protection concerns relating to this product are due to inherent features of the product that are unlikely to be sufficiently addressed through certain restrictions on the product (e.g. minimum duration contract periods). In particular, the pricing structure of the product means that, on average, investors will experience negative expected returns without providing any clear compensating benefits to retail investors (e.g. the hedging function served by vanilla options). The alternative option of a total ban that would include professional clients is not under consideration due to the lack of evidence of harm to this type of client.“

My question: What is the difference between „considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options“ and “The alternative option of a total ban [...] is not under consideration“ ?
Is prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options not a total ban?

• Tripack likes this

#8 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,248 posts

Posted Today, 09:33 AM

My question: What is the difference between „considering a prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options“ and “The alternative option of a total ban [...] is not under consideration“ ?
Is prohibition on the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options not a total ban?

In theory it means that customers may not be approached by such firms. So publicity, sales etc is not allowed. However we have seen with some countries where this applies already that many brokers do not provide services at all to their citizens anymore, unless eventually you are an existing customer.

#9 Mitch

Mitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Today, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Tripack.
I am curious what ESMA will ultimately decide 
and what that will mean for brokers and clients.

There are already some effects: https://www.financem...tions-activity/

#10 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted Today, 06:11 PM

30:1 on forex.. wow these dirty Jews really hate white people.

I thought 50:1 was bad in USA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.