Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  traderpusa : (12 December 2018 - 07:49 PM) Good morning
@  raommurin : (12 December 2018 - 04:12 PM) TMA no repaint
@  binaryop : (12 December 2018 - 02:18 PM) [email protected] sure ..inbox please
@  trade2winz : (12 December 2018 - 01:10 PM) Ha guys I have a forex strategy that ive been using but i lack discipline at time i need a partner that knows market profile
@  Samgaz : (12 December 2018 - 01:05 PM) Hello grou`p
@  ShenR : (12 December 2018 - 10:20 AM) volatility.mq4
@  cuscus11 : (12 December 2018 - 06:34 AM) if you want the adjustment
@  cuscus11 : (12 December 2018 - 06:34 AM) you could send me an email at [email protected]
@  cuscus11 : (12 December 2018 - 06:32 AM) i had to make adjustment to the binary comodo indicator ,its more accurate for binary options and forex/cfd trading
@  cuscus11 : (12 December 2018 - 06:31 AM) hello friends
@  canan : (12 December 2018 - 04:47 AM) konkis BO tester
@  traderpusa : (11 December 2018 - 06:05 PM) good morning
@  karkare2016 : (11 December 2018 - 02:12 PM) how are you
@  karkare2016 : (11 December 2018 - 02:12 PM) hi
@  Cladi48 : (11 December 2018 - 02:02 PM) Market soo trendy today
@  Jeka_new : (11 December 2018 - 01:15 PM) binary bot
@  Bigindoda : (11 December 2018 - 07:21 AM) liverpool :wub:
@  traderpusa : (10 December 2018 - 07:28 PM) history repeats itself.
@  traderpusa : (10 December 2018 - 06:43 PM) good morning
@  jesusrcc : (10 December 2018 - 08:36 AM) no brexit vote tomorrow https://www.theguard...ningful-vote-eu

Photo

True_TMA Non Repaint

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

I don't know if it has already been posted or not but for some time I tried finding a true moving average band but I couldn't find anything that would not redraw or with multiple levels so I made this one. 

It has 4 levels , meaning that each band is 1 level , you can close them as you wish and keep how many levels you please. It does not repaint and it's useful for me to have a channel instead of a single MA.

OlGat3.jpg

GPStKu.jpg

• devhie, Alfred, green777 and 5 others like this

#2 arek321

arek321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Are u sure that it does not repaint ? 

#3 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

Are u sure that it does not repaint ? 

100%

EDIT : But be careful in trending markets.

• arek321 likes this

#4 s3791

s3791

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

Is it based on MA?

If yes, the MA will recalculate isn't it?

#5 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Is it based on MA?

If yes, the MA will recalculate isn't it?

Yes it is based on Ma but Ma doesn't repaint , the issue is that most of the indicators based on ma's are poorly coded and this is why they repaint , but mt4 stock ma doesn't repaint.

Just test it and see , add the indicator in the strat tester, mark a level where the line is , speed it up and go back to see if the line is at the same level , it takes 30 sec. 

• Alfred and xplus like this

#6 chakweshad

chakweshad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

I don't know if it has already been posted or not but for some time I tried finding a true moving average band but I couldn't find anything that would not redraw or with multiple levels so I made this one. 

It has 4 levels , meaning that each band is 1 level , you can close them as you wish and keep how many levels you please. It does not repaint and it's useful for me to have a channel instead of a single MA.

OlGat3.jpg

GPStKu.jpg

thanx

• xplus likes this

#7 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hi Brother,  if you use iMA call , then this will be same with Envelope Indicator. just try with same setting with Envelope Indicator.

If your TMA meaning is Triangular Moving Average, then you should use Triangular averaging formula for your main line, and then it must be repaint because of the normalization half length calculation..to make it 'curving' smoothly..

the most closest version of MA that similar to 'triangular' but not repaint is LWMA.

The main point why we create this Triangular MA is her 'repainting' process to create smooth curves (half length) and use that 'curves' as projection base.. to create triangles and center of gravity and build projection channels of price movements. So the name 'triangular' came from this 'triangles'..

but of course this is only IMHO..

e52048426cc4c3969851e1932632273b.png

MTH

• xplus likes this

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#8 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hi Brother,  if you use iMA call , then this will be same with Envelope Indicator. just try with same setting with Envelope Indicator.

If your TMA meaning is Triangular Moving Average, then you should use Triangular averaging formula for your main line, and then it must be repaint because of the normalization half length calculation..to make it 'curving' smoothly..

the most closest version of MA that similar to 'triangular' but not repaint is LWMA.

The main point why we create this Triangular MA is her 'repainting' process to create smooth curves (half length) and use that 'curves' as projection base.. to create triangles and center of gravity and build projection channels of price movements. So the name 'triangular' came from this 'triangles'..

but of course this is only IMHO..

MTH

It doesn't use iMA it draws straight MA lines , so it does not repaint. Also the T in TMA stands for Triple Moving averages , but I decided to make ( in fact and I did not think to change the name.  So if the name is not ok then my bad but the indicator does not use iMA  and it draws basicaly  a MA channel which is what I failed to find and why I did it. I'm not interested in any smoothing or anything like that since my main smoothing process is to zoom out the chart. 

So this indicator is not using the triangular formula and it's not the envelopes one , it's a Ma channel that I use in order to get an idea about the range of the market in 1 sec. 

Let me explain better, this is how my chart typically looks like , I tend to keep maximum 4-5 indicators on my charts. When I look at this chart I know there's an uptrend , and I see the S/R but this indicator helps me to spot the range of the movement in this uptrend , which is around 3 pips , the reason why this is important for me is because i know the momentum is high , look how the price stayed in the upper levels of the blue side , as soon as price touches the middle or the red part I know that the momentum is slowing down. And as you can see it slowed down in the range of the Resistance level so I am preparing for a sell.

LQyFXv.jpg

As I already said I made this indicator for me and I am sharing it for the people that will know how to use it. If I named it wrong and TMA should be for the triangular smoothing algorithm/formula then my bad.

• devhie, xplus and MTH2014 like this

#9 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

That nice,  then your MA formula similar to SMA for envelope , when I test it in same EU example as your SS,  I use Envelope (lime dots channel) with slightly different percentage so it could tightly move close to your MA channel..

5107bc35e0b0ae219c1b4e71a29c0976.png

MTH

• xplus and giginh0 like this

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#10 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

That nice,  then your MA formula similar to SMA for envelope , when I test it in same EU example as your SS,  I use Envelope (lime dots channel) with slightly different percentage so it could tightly move close to your MA channel..

MTH

It seems so , I never used envelopes that much , I tried them a few times and they were redrawing and I basically said "Screw this I'll make my own"  :lol:  and this is what I did , and the different levels are there just for me to aproximate ranges easier. But yes it seems like the envelopes SMA is the same as this indicator in the way it draws. 

• devhie, xplus and MTH2014 like this

#11 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

It seems so , I never used envelopes that much , I tried them a few times and they were redrawing and I basically said "Screw this I'll make my own"  :lol:  and this is what I did , and the different levels are there just for me to aproximate ranges easier. But yes it seems like the envelopes SMA is the same as this indicator in the way it draws. 

Yes Brother, your MA Channel could help projecting future target range if use with correct setting.. especially in range bound market

• giginh0 likes this

#12 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

This only example of 'out of the box' use of this MA Channel tool to measure PA movement  (ranger) in range bound market like GU.  We use GMT 0 open time as our 'anchor', and when we place mod Fib Rectangle (according to Quarter Theory), we will see that they matched..  and the range pointing to today significant 'areas'..

0619fa5cadadd316fa8f8f89efa35f11.png

• Singh, newmem and giginh0 like this

#13 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Using MA Channel in Range bound market like AUDNZD, EURCHF, etc.. could give you repeated good probability setup..

9f311c64514d6ef0484b88f17afa45f9.png

So the point is, not 'what' indicators/tools that you use, but do you know 'how' to use it or not..  and because all tools using math as their calculation, and because math is logic, so if you keep use your logical mindset then you could look at market more easier..

MTH

#14 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

This only example of 'out of the box' use of this MA Channel tool to measure PA movement  (ranger) in range bound market like GU.  We use GMT 0 open time as our 'anchor', and when we place mod Fib Rectangle (according to Quarter Theory), we will see that they matched..  and the range pointing to today significant 'areas'..

It seems you are one of the people that will know how to use the indicator and this makes me happy. Btw I didn't know about the quarter's theory , and I looked a bit on youtueb and it opened my eyes. So thank you for this now I learned something new.

Seriously for the ones that don't know about it please watch these 2 videos :

• MTH2014 likes this

#15 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

and the Quarter Theory book PDF if you like :  https://www.dropbox....Method.pdf?dl=0

#16 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

and the Quarter Theory book PDF if you like :  https://www.dropbox....Method.pdf?dl=0

Again thank you for making me aware of this theory , the guy is a genius because basicly he is saying what I said on a thread I made , I said that if you're zoomed in on the chart it seems noisy but if you zoom out the picture changes and it starts to not be chaotic. Same thing with TF , some people think that lower TF's are just noise and only high TF's are ok. Well this guy understood that we are all looking at price too zoomed in so to speak. Our view of price movement is to narrow and this is why it seems chaotic but in reality we are all looking at the 1min tf at full zoom instead of zooming out and looking at higher ranges for price. 

It's really eye opening and logical if you stop to think about it but I for one never even thought that I should look at price this way. I had a feeling for ranges this being the reason I made this indicator but my ranges were way too small  :lol:  I was still in the micro ranges for price instead of going to the macro ranges. Also I like that his logic is based on real trading situations that we can recreate not just virtual situations like elliott waves which for me are impossible to count in live trading without getting a headache. 

I strongly recommend to the people that don't know about this way of thinking , because it's not just a theory it's a way of looking at things , to read the book because for spot trades and things like nadex it's really neat and useful.

I'm out , good night to everyone.

• MTH2014 likes this

#17 -L-

-L-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hi. Where can I download this indicator? I have one version but I would like to have a MQ4 file to see and modify the code.

Thanks 

• AlvinStines likes this

#18 KalvinVC

KalvinVC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:01 AM

Hi where can I download a copy of this indicator for testing?

Please and thank you.

• AlvinStines likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.