Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  David : (23 September 2020 - 10:37 AM) You guys got quiet! How's trading going?
@  nkotb6 : (22 September 2020 - 12:37 PM) I am here :D
@  happyjas : (15 September 2020 - 05:19 AM) :rolleyes:
@  traderpusa : (15 September 2020 - 03:34 AM) also still here lol
@  happyjas : (14 September 2020 - 11:20 PM) :P
@  Dyabolus : (11 September 2020 - 09:49 AM) yes
@  dth : (10 September 2020 - 08:55 PM) anyone here?
@  Rumred : (26 August 2020 - 11:28 AM) 2minute strategies
@  equipebr : (22 August 2020 - 01:13 PM) repaint
@  kalc : (20 August 2020 - 11:05 AM) @nkotb6 nope, no need
@  traderpusa : (17 August 2020 - 01:13 PM) not yet, perhaps next year
@  nkotb6 : (14 August 2020 - 02:46 AM) Has anybody switched to trade the futures market?
@  PrabuddhaEdge : (12 August 2020 - 09:37 PM) hello
@  Nathan55 : (10 August 2020 - 11:19 AM) option strategy
@  kalc : (08 August 2020 - 04:10 AM) @BOedge its a very easy switch mate
@  BOedge : (05 August 2020 - 02:29 PM) nice to see you again STILIOS. Yup, screen time, research [ie here on BOE], more screen time, practice, patience, a plan, proofing the plan and then sticking to it. I'll be in touch some time to pick your brains about the switch to FX. Not now, not ready.
@  devhie : (04 August 2020 - 06:36 AM) good night
@  palex2005 : (03 August 2020 - 03:42 AM) EMA
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:28 AM) Have a nice and profitable week Guys !!!!!!
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:27 AM) After all those years of trying and working i came out in a conclution and is simple..Trading needs knowledge - Pateince - Discipline in order to succeed ofcourse not in a couple of years ....

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MT5 is better

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: MT5 or MT4 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which trading platform do you prefer?

1. MetaTrader 4 (27 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. MetaTrader 5 (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

3. TradingView (2 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. FreeStockCharts (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. cTrader (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

6. Other (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

When I first downloaded MetaTrader, I unknowingly downloaded MT5, because it came packaged as MT4, which is what I was looking for.

This was a year ago.. and when I finally found a real MT4 version, I wondered what the hell was the point of MT5, because it literally looked exactly the same with nothing new to offer.

It is a year later, and I must say the look and feel of MT5 is a lot better than MT4.

#2 Binary Options HD

Binary Options HD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

MT4 Is my number 1 choice but I do use tradingview sometimes, at the end of the day is all about personal preferences. 

Opportunities don't happen B)  :rolleyes: You create them"

* * * 

We live in a systemized world .. !!

I don't know if that should make you feel better, but you can always change the way you want to live your life. 

#3 HAWK

HAWK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

I aint coder and MT4 is simpler than MT5 to me. Ewa, whats the advantage of MT5 than MT4 ? 

#4 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

As you can see, I select MT5..

from many point of views there significant improvement especially after MT5 allow hedge.

for visual chartist like me, their improvement in filling color areas, color buffering, etc is great

in sub windows oscillating tools there also big improvement ( thank God they listen my suggestion..lol)  now in MT5 there's option to centering/synchronizing median line and that really help to increasing accuracy when you know how to superimposing several oscillating tools. and also could help 'anchoring' unbound sub window tools

More Time Frames Selection, meaning more look up range for Higher TF tools..

build in mini chart in chart, more object tools, improvement in scaling factor, synthetic pairs build capability, etc

the weakness still they don't add custom chart types (offline charts in MT4).

So, as long as you want to stay with Meta Trader Platform, sooner or later you should learn about MT5 and find a way to convert your main trading tools to MT5 version, b4 is too late..lol

MTH

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#5 reteid

reteid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationBack from study again...with new power³

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Then take MT5!

codingwizzard.png

#6 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

In the end I don't care much, no coding here, no custom indis. Just candles :P
I may be using a MA or an oscillator but nothing custom and applied to D1 and above... Freedom yay :D
  • swede, traderpusa, homero15 and 1 other like this

#7 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

In the end I don't care much, no coding here, no custom indis. Just candles :P
I may be using a MA or an oscillator but nothing custom and applied to D1 and above... Freedom yay :D

In the end, the naked (chart) is the true (chart).

Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#8 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:36 AM

coding wise I don't understand MT5.  All the effort I put with MT4 to avoid buffers, etc to reduce memory and CPU usage, and MT5 uses buffers all over the place.

#9 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

I though mt4 was going to be phased out ? Apparently not  :lol:

#10 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:35 AM

Too many clients not wanting to give up their strats they only have the ex4 files for...

• traderpusa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.