Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ishan007 : (19 October 2018 - 12:16 AM) :) :P
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 09:22 PM) good morning
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point indicator
@  Delight : (18 October 2018 - 04:10 AM) @manfloy, share some of the free money with me. Just $200 will be ok. lol
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) run losers + increase the positions + cuting the positive PL when it comes
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) nice, handing out free money
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:19 AM) well actually am experimenting hard right here with 3 traders, who claiming they want to trade, so i decided to gave out some posibility to trade live, they fucked up two accounts for now lol@traderpusa
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:17 AM) manfloy talking to himself lol.
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:04 AM) so better don't play with fire and set ur stop loss if you want to be alive, and one more significative and the latest one for today : i see many traders trading perfect on DEMO, but when you pass on the LIVE trading the game will turn over 360degree, your rules your systems and your ability to keep the great job will purely dissapear, fear & greed, remember fear and greed nothing else on the chart only fear and greed, good luck
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) yup
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) not that much time to flood and post here, please pay attention on your SL, one time the market will knock you very very significative, trust me it comes once in a year
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:45 AM) wow
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) https://gyazo.com/90...47790cd914b234d
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) took a fresh sucker right now on EJ
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) a lot of old traders around
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) how is going on guys ???
@  ishan007 : (17 October 2018 - 11:06 PM) neddihrehat here?
@  happyjas : (17 October 2018 - 08:43 PM) :( uh oh
@  traderpusa : (17 October 2018 - 08:42 PM) i would not have recommended long lol

Photo

Trend change indicator

Trend Indicator Swing tight SL Forex

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Simon894

Simon894

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking for indicators that try to determine a high or a low of a trend/counter trend and indicators that try to determine the end of a trend/counter trend as soon as possible. The key is in keeping SLs very tight, so signals themselves don't have to be highly accurate.

I already did some experiments with flying buddhas + BB and with TMA. The former has potential, but it also has a very substantial DD. The latter will, because of recalculations have to be forward tested.

Anyway, looking forward to recommendations.

Regards,

S

#2 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

That is a hard one to code as an indi, the best way to look for trend change in my opinion is to look for hh hl ll lh behavior on multi timeframe, combined with some fundamentals.
  • Simon894 likes this

#3 Simon894

Simon894

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

That is a hard one to code as an indi, the best way to look for trend change in my opinion is to look for hh hl ll lh behavior on multi timeframe, combined with some fundamentals.

Yes, the whole concept is essentially hl and lh trading. The key is detecting the formation of a hl/lh as fast as possible as to keep a SL very tight. 

One way is to rely on overbought/oversold indis + a reversal candle pattern. That's what BB +  flying buddha is.

Another way is to rely on support/resistance levels that were previously broken by the trend. The problem here is that a tending price will very rarely retrace back to those levels. 

Using higher time frames for detecting relevant levels might also be a good way. Thanks for that. 

#4 swede

swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts
  • LocationWestern Canada

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Honestly, take it from a veteran of this forex industry, the biggest favour you can do for yourself is forget trying to code an indicator to do the work of your power of reason because what is relavent on a 5 minute chart may be totally irrelevant when considering a one hour or a daily chart. Because the huge volume of the currency industry ( 5 trillion per day) how does one determine oversold/overbought levels. It is very hard from a technical standpoint because technicals only tell part of the story....what is truely behind a move has so many moving parts.

I have found a top down approach to be the best and most accurate levels to trade around. Closing prices of swing high (or swing lows) on the 4 hour and daily charts are levels that create both with the trend and counter trend level to trade because they are levels of history. They are historical levels that either failed or are broken and offer many opportunities for tight Stop trading.

Anyway, just my 2 pips....best wishes. Swede
  • nerka and Simon894 like this

"One of the best things you can do in life is surround yourself with people who are better than you are".....Warren Buffett

#5 swede

swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts
  • LocationWestern Canada

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

Example of my last post...everyone's favorite, the euro...notice swing high close pinbar on the daily, then look at 4 hour and one hour trading at the levels created from the daily close prices...

Attached Files

• Simon894 likes this

"One of the best things you can do in life is surround yourself with people who are better than you are".....Warren Buffett

#6 swede

swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts
  • LocationWestern Canada

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

When you practice drawing these levels for some time you will be expecting action around these levels, and if patient you can enter with much confidence and very tight stops....just saying....lol
  • nerka and Simon894 like this

#7 Simon894

Simon894

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Honestly, take it from a veteran of this forex industry, the biggest favour you can do for yourself is forget trying to code an indicator to do the work of your power of reason because what is relavent on a 5 minute chart may be totally irrelevant when considering a one hour or a daily chart. Because the huge volume of the currency industry ( 5 trillion per day) how does one determine oversold/overbought levels. It is very hard from a technical standpoint because technicals only tell part of the story....what is truely behind a move has so many moving parts.

I have found a top down approach to be the best and most accurate levels to trade around. Closing prices of swing high (or swing lows) on the 4 hour and daily charts are levels that create both with the trend and counter trend level to trade because they are levels of history. They are historical levels that either failed or are broken and offer many opportunities for tight Stop trading.

Anyway, just my 2 pips....best wishes. Swede

Overbought/oversold concept is based on the reality that the more price of something falls more people will want to buy it and the more it rises more people will want to sell it. This is why the price of pretty much anything moves in waves. Determining where and when will price change direction is obviously very hard. S/R levels are historical oversold/overbought levels. While "traditional" oversold/overbought indicators try to determine direction change based on momentum (price change relative to time), S/R levels try to do it based purely on price. 

I'll be trying to trade (when I get more time) with very high R:R (10:1, 20:1 or even more). This is why I need to trade with a strong trend and keep SLs very small. The problem with S/R levels as retracement targets is that when a price is trending it will very rarely retrace back to previously broken S/R levels. Using higher time frames for S/R levels might be a solution to that problem because those levels stay relevant for longer than levels on lower time frames do. 

Thanks for the advice and good luck.

S

• swede likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trend, Indicator, Swing, tight SL, Forex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.