Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  kennisiu : (24 November 2017 - 12:37 AM) [url="https://ibb.co/hbeR8R"]https://ibb.co/hbeR8R[/url]
@  abdullah : (23 November 2017 - 11:21 PM) how can i add market news in my website?
@  abdullah : (23 November 2017 - 11:20 PM) how can add market news in my website?
@  Abdul777 : (23 November 2017 - 10:05 AM) so far seems like, for options trading, simple SR lines for candle expiry seems to work the best for me, pointless to say ,I'm still far from being good at it...belief is the key to success :)
@  Abdul777 : (23 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) I wish I would know how to read 'em right and get just another approval for entry from them
@  MTH2014 : (23 November 2017 - 09:35 AM) yes for sure.. this is power games.. of course this controlled.. by powerhouses..
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:33 AM) i am dreaming
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:33 AM) probably ... probably there are some groups who hands threshold and have a huge influence to market
@  MTH2014 : (23 November 2017 - 09:32 AM) that why, when I explaining on how to use my trading tools (mostly indicators) I rarely called it 'trading system' but just 'setup' because this only 'technical analysis part' and not the whole trading systems.
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:30 AM) sometimes i am asking myself "do this market are controlled over some trasholds where you can take a sit and go , or you must be a banker lol, or to have a big isnight dunno
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:27 AM) yeah because trading only naked seems to be to naked lol , people around screaming that they trading naked and make money, i think am the guy who need some magic lol , so then you can add one indicator but yeah.... different people different attitude and understanding of behavior ,
@  MTH2014 : (23 November 2017 - 09:22 AM) what your mentioning is only part of the 2nd step (technical analysis)
@  MTH2014 : (23 November 2017 - 09:21 AM) @manfloy sorry for late response, parts of Trading System ? 1. Preparing and Collecting Reliable data sources, 2. Analyzing Process (fundamentally, technically and psychologically). 3. Risk and Money Management. 4. Decision making procedures 5. Maintenance and Recovery Process 6. Evaluations and Record Journal. 7. Research and Development.
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:07 AM) we have signal,equilibrium, velocity,acceleration, and apex like high low
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 09:02 AM) how many parts consist whole trading system ?
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 08:55 AM) @MTH2014 hi brother :)
@  MTH2014 : (23 November 2017 - 08:54 AM) @manfloy Hi Brother..
@  manfloy : (23 November 2017 - 08:42 AM) good evening gentlemens
@  kennisiu : (23 November 2017 - 08:10 AM) I will be uploading another video me live trading for 1 hour to see how much profit I can gain, stay tuned guys 😉😉😉
@  Abdul777 : (23 November 2017 - 03:17 AM) damn, I'm such a big hater of indicators,most likely because I don't know how to use them properly :D am not that good in pa, but I'm learning,so hopefully one day it will pay of good

Photo

5Min Strategy

strategy

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

POPULAR

Hello everyone , as I promised earlier today to a member of this forum I will share the strategy I am currently using. Since I ran out of names it's called 5min since it's on 1min TF and 5min expiry. I am warning you that this is a time consuming no magic arrow strategy. It can't be coded as an arrow indicator , well it could but it's too subjective and it needs our cerebral capacity in order to make it profitable.

Just to be clear this strategy is not a Holy Grail , it's not easy and if want to master it you need at least 100 hours of screen time , and if you want to have it on multiple charts at a time well you need a lot of experience in order to make it profitable.

If you don't have patience , the will to learn and improve , the time to watch the charts or basic knkowledge about trends and some PA then this is not for you.

I use 3 indicators , Half-Trend , Coral and 3c-JRSX which is basically a RSI or something similar , I forgot which one.

Now the strategy :

You wait for Coral to change colors , let's say it becomes red , then you wait at least 10 candles and if in this time no candle has gone up and touched HT ( which should also be red ) you wait for the first candle that touches HT ,you ideally it should finish as bull candle ,  then look at JRSX and if it's OB but it's still gray  , if it has changed colors  you don't take the trade , but if it's gray you take a 5min put. 

Very important Coral must be above HT and both of them must be Red.

Here is an example :

ukDr5R.jpg

For a call it's the opposite , you wait for Coral to become blue , you wait at least 10 candles and if in this time no candle has touched HT which should also be blue you are good to go if not you wait for the next Coral color change. In this case you want Coral to be under HT and both blue , here is an example :

jV6wos.jpg

I will add a template called "Examples" in which I have marked trades for today and friday on EU with explanation of the entries , you just need to make an account to FXCM demo GBP and you will have the same datafeed like me and all the entries will be the same. If you don't do this everything will be misaligned. For this just click File -> Open an account -> and if you dn't have FXCM GBP DEMO in the list scroll down and there will be a option " add new broker " , you write FXCM , look for GBP and after that you know the drill. After you finish and you want to change back to your datafeed just click File -> Log in to account and select the broker you want and the datafeed will reset.

I will write here the rules and you must follow them :

1. You wait 10 candles after Coral has changed colors.

2. If HT and Coral are blue you take trades only when Coral is under HT , if they are Red you take trades only when Coral is above HT.

3. You wait for the first candle that touched HT and preferable closes near it , and that's the only trade until Coral changes colors again. If a candle touches HT and it's in the first 10 candles after Coral has changed the color you don't take the trade.

4. If JRSX is OB/OS and gray yout take the trade but if it has changed colors blue/red you don't take the trade.

5. If JRSX has been OB/OS for more than 10 candles you wait at least 5-6 candles until you take a trade, if a setup shows in this time period you wait until Coral changes colors.

6. You don't take trades on candles that have no wick in the direction they were draw , example : if it's a bull candle with no High wick you don't trade it , if it's a bear candle with no low wick you don't trade it.

7. You don't take trades if you have a clear S/R level and the price has already tried to break and it didn't , example : if price tried to go up and bounced back at least 2 times in the past 10-15 candles and you have a call setup , if it's close to the point where price came back down you don't take that trade.

I know many will not understand but this strategy is different because it's not mechanic as in you wait for everything to go OB/OS and enter the trade, well I made the rules so that it's easier to get started. The thing is that every strategy based purely on indicators that go OB/OS or change colors at the same time you will get 50% , every indicator will get 50% because as I said it's hard to code every little detail. As the saying goes " the devil's in the details" the same applies here , this strategy uses the indicators as reference points and that's all , the only one that's used for the entry is HT. 

The itm comes from the rules I mentioned and not from the indicators so if you can't learn the rules don't even bother with this strategy because you will come back and ask for arrows and EA's and all that. I can't prohibit no one but I am kindly asking the coders to not attempt to code anything and I reccomend everyone to try to trade the strategy instead of watching for arrows and pop-ups.

In the end I don't want to be rude or anything but the issue with the majority of people on this forum is that they want something that does everything for them , and for me it's like everyone wants a car that drives itself or to drive like a pro without learning how to drive. Basically this is what I see , people that want to trade without wanting to learn to trade. 

Please add FXCM GBP DEMO as broker and take a look at the trades because it would be a pain to make all them screenshots to post here. 

Green trades to everyone.

P.S. I formulated this strat for newbies , and this is why the number of trades is low but experienced traders can take more trade since they can spot more setups , I did not mention them because I want to help newbies to learn not scramble their brains.

Attached Files

• devhie, Alfred, neju74 and 16 others like this

Rule nr. 8 to Strategy 5Min " If JRSX is OB/OS and it goes back in the channel for less than 4-5 candles then it goes back to the OB/OS state , you count those candles in the channel as OB/OS "

#2 netas369

netas369

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Thank you very much for sharing, how much experience you have already with this strategy and is it constant results for you ?

#3 Bui Xuan Tuan Anh

Bui Xuan Tuan Anh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for sharing, it really looks promising.
When reading rule #7, I notice there's no S/R levels drawn in your screenshots. Would you think about adding Dochian indi or SR channel indi, the new 2 things you've mentioned in another topic, to this strategy?
Une fois plus, merci beaucoup :)

"I have NOT failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas A. Edison

#4 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Thank you very much for sharing, how much experience you have already with this strategy and is it constant results for you ?

Well my itm is very high but as I said it depends on how well you follow the rules and your knowledge of S/R and PA , I for one since I developed the strategy I find it easy to trade now but I had been trading with this for about 2-3 months I think. And a hard number for the itm is unknown since I'm not interested in that , my goal is 5 itm's profit per day on 4 pairs and usually I achieve that before 12 o'clock , after that my trading day is over.  My advice load the FXCM datafeed and look at the "Examples" template for today and last friday to better understand the strat , after that it's easy to backtest since nothing repaints. 

Thanks for sharing, it really looks promising.
When reading rule #7, I notice there's no S/R levels drawn in your screenshots. Would you think about adding Dochian indi or SR channel indi, the new 2 things you've mentioned in another topic, to this strategy?
Une fois plus, merci beaucoup :)

Well I don't draw S/R levels anymore , after a whle you see the Supports and Resistances just by zooming out the chart a bit , as for my indicator or dochian , you may add them if you wish but I sincerely think that you can manage without them. Just change your feed to FXCM and load the "Examples" template and you will see what you need to look at.

Et à propos , de rien.

• ruhul likes this

Rule nr. 8 to Strategy 5Min " If JRSX is OB/OS and it goes back in the channel for less than 4-5 candles then it goes back to the OB/OS state , you count those candles in the channel as OB/OS "

#5 shunmugapriya

shunmugapriya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

I am very much happy to get this strategy. I too spent long time and arrows are confusion and ends in opposite directions. In your strategy, we need to decide and hit the button to trade, so our decision and timely action is important.

After BillKays strategy, this going to rock. Thanks again for sharing this to us. An eye opener  for me at right time :)

#6 netas369

netas369

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

And one more question, it is very important that the setup should be in ob/os ? Because I see a lot of trades that are not in ob/os and still profitable

#7 asdrrw

asdrrw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

giginh0

your very first example (PUT) you say wait 10min and no candle should go up and touch HT? I see there's a candle (3rd or 4th) which tochues HT. Shouldn't we wait until it turns blue then?

#8 netas369

netas369

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

legit otms ?

Attached Files

#9 asdrrw

asdrrw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

legit otms ?

Both of the entries are not OB or OS.

#10 asdrrw

asdrrw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

@giginh0 hope this is correct. Happened just now on GPBUSD.

OGkQbAR.png

#11 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

And one more question, it is very important that the setup should be in ob/os ? Because I see a lot of trades that are not in ob/os and still profitable

Well as I said this is explained more towards beginners , so it's easier for them to just look at OB/OS but if you have more experience and see that there is a strong trend in the direction of your trade , of course you can take the trade but as long as you can asses the trend and strength properly. 

At the end of the day it depends on your knowledge also , if you see a good PA pattern and it's almost a perfect setup of course you may take the trade , I do it all the time but again it depends on your own trading knowledge and experience.

giginh0

your very first example (PUT) you say wait 10min and no candle should go up and touch HT? I see there's a candle (3rd or 4th) which tochues HT. Shouldn't we wait until it turns blue then?

My friend you are very right and I made a mistake , I swear to God I did not see that. You are right that example is not a 100% valid entry. Thank you now everyone will say I'm a fraud because of your eagle sight  :lol:

legit otms ?

And here is another rule that I forgot to write down , so it would be rule nr 8 : see how JRX is OS a lot and it goes above just 2 candles then goes back , I forgot to say that in those casses you count those 2 acndles where it's not OS as OS , for JRSX to be properly in channel it should stay gray at least 4-5 candles or go the other direction.

So the first one is a no trade and the 2nd is legit OTM.

EDIT : I can't see the candle , if it has no upper wick and it went up until the end then the 2nd trade is not a proper entry , I mentioned this in the "Example" template , there was a case like that. So if the candle you took as trade had no upper wick , then the next candle would had been your entry. don't know if it's otm or itm.

@giginh0 hope this is correct. Happened just now on GPBUSD.

OGkQbAR.png

Yes it would be a good entry if JRSX would not be OS for almost 20 candles  :D

• netas369 likes this

#12 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

I am very much happy to get this strategy. I too spent long time and arrows are confusion and ends in opposite directions. In your strategy, we need to decide and hit the button to trade, so our decision and timely action is important.

After BillKays strategy, this going to rock. Thanks again for sharing this to us. An eye opener  for me at right time :)

Thank and hope you will make some sweet profits , and in a sense this strategy is similar to Billy's because we basically trade Pullbacks with the trend , it's not a new concept , it's just my take on an old concept.  :D

• shunmugapriya likes this

#13 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

giginh0

Sorry for double posting but I wasn't allowed to edit my previous post. I looked again at the picture and you are right as a newbie you should not take the trade but my eye saw that Resistance level where price stayed at least 10 min and this is why I considered a valid entry in my book.

But I don't advise newbies to trade like this and instead stick to the rules until they get more experience.

Attached File  ukDr5R.png   186.44KB   5 downloads

#14 veejay

veejay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

need 

Half-trend ex4 file

#15 fantuz

fantuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationDurban South Africa

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:44 AM

Hi giginh0

Thanks for the thread. Just one question. What is your trading times? I would think franfurt to us open for some nice trend

#16 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

need 

Half-trend ex4 file

You already have the mq file , once you load mt4 you will have the ex file also.

Hi giginh0

Thanks for the thread. Just one question. What is your trading times? I would think franfurt to us open for some nice trend

My trading day is from 06:00 GMT 0 until around 15:00 GMT 0 , but if  I make my daily profit before 15:00 I will stop. 

#17 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

So just a quick update with entries from today :

on EU just 1 setup  , note the bull candle a bit to the left that touches HT is drawn out of place and I didn't take it into consideration besides that all the rules are met. And just a side note when Coral changed colors the candles were right there so it's logical that you wait for the candles to go up and wait for the first candle that comes back and touches HT 

NUPfWM.jpg

On EJ also just 1 trade , on this one I forgot how to count and I counted 4 candles of gray JRSX but they were 3 so this is not a valid entry , it's itm by chance so I will not count it as a valid trade but I am still posting the image so that you can be careful with this kind of setups.

f9NB7k.jpg

On UJ also 1 setup , this candle has no wick but I saw that price was starting to bounce and the previous candle was not draw properly by mt4 , personally I would take this trade. Also I think there were only 9 candles since Coral has changed colors but it's not a big deal for 1 candle.

pykIvY.jpg

And last chart with 3 setups is UC

This entry also had 9 candles of OS and 9 candles since Coral changed colors but the price came down from hitting a Resistance , and the overall trend is down pluse it was a nice pinbar so overall a good entry.

y9NfUO.jpg

Second setup on UC is a bit tricky , you will notice on the first arrow that the low touched ht but then it went up and there was almost no candle , since that wick is so big and the body of the candle is so far above HT I don't really consider it as a proper "touch" so to speak , I prefer it when the candle closes not far from HT . Next JRSX is not OS but it is going there , I also liked the candle patter so I consider it a valid entry even though it doesn't respect 100% my rules. 

This one is debatable , you can decide if you would take this trade or not , I would personally take it.

28JUqR.jpg

And the last setup for today is why I say that the itm will depend on your abilty to read the charts. This one needs some good explanation. As you can see the setup is perfect but price tried to go up before and didn't manage to break that level and the cautionary move would be to not take this trade. But if you look on the chart a bit more to the left like on picture number 2 you will notice that the trend is actually changing so from my experience I was sure that the previous Resistance will become a Support and I was right until now , see picture nr 3. 

cYfahy.jpg

MbR0eC.jpg

6gEdNh.jpg

But then again the thing with S/R is that it is relative and what you see now before your eyes will change drastically in  half an hour or it will go the same direction . As I said it is relative and this is why you need to learn to read the chart properly.

So my itm is 100%  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   for 5 trades. I am not counting 1 since it was luck and it was not a proper setup. As I already said my goal for each day is 5 pure itm's and then the trading day is done. 

I know there will be questions because I didn't respect 100% of the rules but you need to understand those rules are for people that can't read the chart , don't have experience with S/R or candle patterns , so it's a simple mechanic way to take trades for newbies. Of course the number of trades will be lower but it's the quality over quantity thing.

Now there are some experienced traders and if they by any chance decide to test this strategy I am pretty sure that they will spot more trades without respecting 100% rules because their knowledge of chart reading can overcome that.

In the end the world isn't black and white it's full of all kinds of shades of gray ( not grey  :lol: ) and this applies to trading as well , if you're a newbie and can't read the charts stick to the rules 100% and you may get in some days 4 trades in others 20 but if you use 5% flat stake you can easily double your bank each month. If you're experienced trader then you don't need me to tell you what to do  :D .

G'day to you all , I'm out. 

#18 asdrrw

asdrrw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

@

giginh0 are you really starring at the screen for these hours? No offence but this seems crazy :-) My finger would itch and I would place OUT OF RULES trades. But you probably have an alert when some of the conditions are happening, no?

#19 giginh0

giginh0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

@

giginh0 are you really starring at the screen for these hours? No offence but this seems crazy :-) My finger would itch and I would place OUT OF RULES trades. But you probably have an alert when some of the conditions are happening, no?

Nope , I watch the screens , 12 charts on 2 screens , and I have youtube in a small window on the side and I watch them , but since it's 1min chart it's easy to keep an eye on everything because you need to take a looke every few minutes on all the charts and you get the idea . for me it's important because I see the market and even though I'm zoomed in I know what happened , how the price moved , but if you wait for alerts you won't have enough time to properly asses the situation , you would need to scroll looke at what happened etc. and you will make it in haste. 

For example when I take a trade I have at least 1 minute to make my mind since I watched the chart until that moment so I know what to do , if you have an alert 10 seconds before candle ends what do you do?

They say that in order to master something you need at least 10k hours of practice , until now in 15 months I have at least 3k hours of screen time behind me so I need another 7k to become a master  :lol:

• asdrrw likes this

#20 rezkkk

rezkkk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Bonjour l'amis,

Is this a good entry ?

Attached File  12-09 ITM UJ.PNG   265.32KB   55 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.