Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shahram : (22 September 2019 - 10:20 AM) Does anyone has experience with dukastcopy?
@  Shahram : (22 September 2019 - 10:18 AM) dukascopy
@  gabrielscama... : (21 September 2019 - 12:25 PM) mt5
@  Tripack : (21 September 2019 - 12:12 PM) Heh
@  Cookiebrawler : (17 September 2019 - 04:27 PM) MegaMoney 90%
@  aasir : (16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM) Binary Triumph
@  traderpusa : (10 September 2019 - 01:35 AM) that was my bmw lol. E60.
@  Monoaldo : (10 September 2019 - 01:34 AM) E60
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:12 AM) well said.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:07 AM) at least for the moment, china will hold back because of economic conditions. My guess is they want to involve PLA but simply are not in a position to do so for the moment.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:05 AM) well, regardless of any agreement between uk and europe, there is still nato is trump doesn't blow it up lol
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) I am really worried about HK if the PLA phase in this can interrupt the entire chain between FX liquidity and current import / export countries. I understand that we have a bunch of corporations exposed to China, now believe that 99 percent of them are stable in HK because they have a high law. If the PLA gets in, they'll substitute this economic centre with a singapore.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) Yeah, they're really a very significant player. I am informed that there is also a lot more than economic, for instance there are a number of military agreements agreed between the GB and the EU, which is serious.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:02 AM) the UK being part of the EU GDP figures, but not part of the Euro only makes things a bit complicated on how to interpret numbers for trading purposes.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:00 AM) of course one needs to focus on US being the biggest economy but UK is still up there. https://gyazo.com/42...39df1c7c58d9221
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) I'm focused on the US, so I don't spend so much on the GB, I'm supposed to study it well since 2015, but something has altered worldwide, literally, it's an enormous step in the world's liquidity and global system, modifications are nice, but they're really colorful.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) thanks good reading
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:53 AM) As to China, read this over the weekend : https://apnews.com/6...f75f013bf54e6a9
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:51 AM) Spectacular indeed lol, this is huge to be honest
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM) it's gonna be interesting. MP's are leaving the sinking ship and now also Bercow has resigned. Gonna miss this guy lol

Photo

Disciplinary Journaling - 5min to EOH

Discipline Psychology Journaling

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

POPULAR

In this thread I'd like to focus on my way of thinking a.k.a my emotional wellbeing whilst trading. To do that I was encouraged to create a thread about the way I trade to promote discipline by allowing others to see, which in turn is supposed to stimulate self-control overtime.

So, I mostly take 5 min trades but every now and then I'll take an EOH (End of Hour) trade, because I've noted a lot of my lossers would be winners if I go with EOH mean reversion trades which is something I picked up from JustANoob and tweaked a bit to my liking. Originally I started off in the HH thread, as most do. I finished reading that thread and then took off with the information gathered there to accumulate my own screentime and make my own notes which developed into the way I trade today. I still have a way to go, but for now it's good enough for me.

At this point I've been trading for 1 year and a month. When I'd started, for 5 months I was looking for what we fondly call here "The Holy Grail", *Queue the Angel Choir*. I got fedup of looking for that perfect indicator combination and started thinking of learning price action, which has a cringey note among some members here haha. With that I started on the HH thread, took 3 months to read that with my other real life things getting in the way. After that I absorbed as many price action videos and articles I could find and made my own notes as I said. I started gainning traction at the end of the New Year challenge in about mid-April, and now we're here. The reason I believe I started gainning traction was because I started to journal all my trades and review them to see what silly mistakes I may have been making. Journaling is not a holy grail, but it definately propelled me forward.

And now I'm at this point where I'm still journaling and I'm going to be posting my trades, not for criticism of the trades themselves, but rather as a form of self-discipline for myself, as in the NY challenge that had given me some growth in discipline. Of course anyone is more than welcome to critique my trades. 

So the point of this thread is to maintain self discipline, as well as share the way I trade, hopefully someone can get some knowledge from it and advance themselves forward as well. You'll see me add and remove several indicators on my charts, that's because I'm not trading the indicators, most times they're there because they look pretty...honestly. Other times I might take some input if it's agreeing with what I'm already thinking. 

If I've not bored everyone to sleep already, I already took my 2-3 trades today (2 today) and will post it below. I will explain exactly why I took the trade, win or loss.                    

Side note to myself: I started live trading again June 13.

• raydioturner, Tripack, neddihrehat and 7 others like this

#2 s3791

s3791

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Good luck for your trading journal.

Cheers

#3 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Following are the two trades I took today. They both happened to be winners, losers will come, and that's how it is. Do not be afraid to encounter them, it's business.

2Zax5HZ.png

1. On the 1 minute chart you'd see there was a supply zone waiting at that level. I had been waiting for price to make its way back for a while.

2. After making its way back, I was watching the 1 min candle architecture develop. As it came to this level there was clearly some tension, price slowed creating smaller candles into the supply level. A large HEC was developing onlly to be rejected by the area and left a large wick...I waited. After a coiuple mins price started to decrease, that was still my waiting queue. On the 5 min price engulfed, you could see the clear rejection from the wicks.

3. EMA. At this time I wasn't worrying about the EMA, I justed quickly noted it was at that level. Remember I'm not worrying about what most of these indis are saying.

4. I took my entry on the next candle to xx: 30. 

• chicookie and hatırlaa like this

#4 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

My two trades today happened to fall on EU.

5PWeEw2.png

1. Price had returned to a previous Support level. Watching the movement you can get a hint of the order flow when price is moving. 
2. The way this candle had finished, like a reflex at EOH is the dead give away, it's my favourite and the basis of my trading, what I like to look for mostly. The fact that it closed like this at EOH, you can tell if it's just quick profit taking or not, and this was.
3. The movement down was clear gave further hints it was a reflex. It was closing in on LOD however, so keep an Eye on that. 

Would've liked to continue it down to xx:10, but at that point I was taking my screenshots for this thread.

And yes I take $1 trades. I promised a friend I'd do 100 $1 trades for discipline, which ends in September. I have a small a/c anyway, discipline first.
HYMbwOi.png

• hatırlaa likes this

#5 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Decided to go for another trade. This one I got a late entry because I was talking in chat, terrible. -1 for discipline, I do this a lot and it results in losers.

You can see price made its way back to this level on m5. On m1 there was a nice fall before this return.

g1ttGOR.png

1. Price returned to a previous support level....and how does it go, say it with me...previous support turn resistance. Of course not all the time. There was a nice movement down on the m1 chart, it retraced back up. 

2. The movement down was showing 'intent' like that of a supply zone. I watched and waited.

3. Decreasing volume on a move back to previous support.  5min PUT on the arrow indicated candle to xx:15.

And of course Round Number. http://imgur.com/a/eZqnq 

Note that I show trade history SS from the last trade to present.

You will notice volume is my favourite indicator to use. 

#6 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Journalize for efficient cosistency

I don't think the purpose of this thread is being realized. Yes, I'm here to 'journal' my trades for self control, but I meant that I would also assist anyone who wants to participate as well, to share what knowledge I have to get some disccussion going. So if anyone is interested, post your trades and I'll help critique them. The strategy of this thread is creating a Journal document to review your trades so that you can better prepare for a setup like it later on. Like revising for a test almost, except the outcome may be different anyway. Add notes to your trades, why you took it, and what to avoid. So technically, journaling is a strategy.

So whip up a Powerpoint document, post your trades if you want it to be critiqued for some knowledge flow to get going. You can put on whatever indicator you like, just ensure the charts are clean enough to see the price, it's all flexible. Your Powerpoint will look like this eventually. Change powerpoint files on a weekly basis. So for one week you record your trades, then put those in a folder then create a new file the next. Here's what mine currently looks like: 

vfv1T9x.png

• Mowgli likes this

#7 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

EU, AU and GU were all moving in a steady down stream. I waited for a pullback on AUs m1 chart, there was a nice reflex on m1. Continued it down to xx:20 for a 5 min PUT. Unfortunately it ended a mc pip above my entry. One more loser for the day and I'm out. That's a set rule, 2 otm and done for the day.

DhkZHhm.png

#8 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Took this one at the black line to EOH, absolute rubbish trade lol. It was more of a, I think it can go this way rather than logic. The little logic I used was that price broke an inside range then retested, so I made my entry. This is one of my main issues I have, 'feeling' like it can go one way, need to cut that out. Forgot there was the closing of a session nearing, was not a good time to be taking EOH trades. Tp season as I like to call it, need to remember these times. 0-2 And I'm done for the day. 

If you go on trading at this point, you're bound to blow up because all self-discipline will be lost lol. Take it safe and steady, small loss easy to recuperate later down the line. Exited for an early loss. http://imgur.com/a/FEZpB

iJ7K1hq.png

#9 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Very clear and distinguished levels today on a Friday. http://imgur.com/a/S0wPU 2-1

9F4UHTi.png

Simply look left where I laid out the levels. It was an RN, price climaxed to reach this zone, often a sign of exhaustion and there'd usually be a break, whether short or for a longer period of time. My favourite setup.

TZLPu5D.png

Every now and then you'd lose patience when you were planning to take a trade before it and missed it, whether due to hesitation or just missing it in general. Price had reached the top of the asian channel, the first HEC that touched the level I was planning to take a call right after, I hesitated and missed that, so I set an alert if price was to revisit. The alert sounded, I went to the chart and immediately placed a call, not paying attention to the momentum price had moving lower.

I9cCQZd.png

Riding this upward movement: If I weren't watching the M1 chart closely, I would've missed this trade entirely. Price was steadily rising on a TL (on M1, not this M5 TL). Watching and waiting, I saw price reach a lower level which it just 'shot' out from...it immediately pulled back to the TL level, this was my queue. I waited for the candles to confirm and made my entry for a Call to xx:15. 

• BrianC likes this

#10 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

nzdusdbo-m1-global-derivative-markets.pn

• BrianC and ZeusDCS like this

----------------------------------------

#11 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:56 AM

audcadbo-m1-global-derivative-markets.pn

• ZeusDCS likes this

#12 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

I should look for more cleaner trades. done for today.

euraudbo-m1-global-derivative-markets.pn

#13 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

I should look for more cleaner trades. done for today.

Good stuff Mowgli. I'll continue Monday, don't usually like the movements for the beginning of the month.

• Mowgli likes this

#14 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

eurjpybo-m1-global-derivative-markets-2.

Lol my MT4 pics always look shrunk weirdly.. Full picture would be very  clear anyways.

#15 JustANoob

JustANoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Good luck!

When planned well, mean reversion EOH is a powerful force.

• ZeusDCS likes this

#16 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Can't let Mowgli have all the fun, so decided to go for 1 trade, market movement was fine in my eyes.

AU: You can see I drew the waves of the uptrend price was making, the last red arrow is just a possible projection of price continuing the up move; meaning it doesn't necessarily have to take that route, especially this time of day where price typically moves into consolidation soon, especially EU mostly. In my mind this was profit taking time i.e. from the small downward swing, to move back towards the 'average'. Took a call 5 min to eoh.

O81nHx5.png

In my absense (My internet hadn't been working well for about 5 days), after that I came back, tried some 1 minute trades...still not my thing lol. Just managed to break even the entire time, just wanted to experiment see if I can get a similar performance taking 1 min expiries. Back to 5 mins and EOH.

#17 JustANoob

JustANoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

c909dc111c96f1c37b18eacb12f91474.png

A small example I took while monitoring my EUR USD long  a moments ago

1. an unusual breakout late in the US session

2. exhaustion doji 3 candles before the EOH

3. PUT eoh and easy profit

these setups are easily 70%+

• Mowgli and ZeusDCS like this

#18 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

A small example I took while monitoring my EUR USD long  a moments ago

1. an unusual breakout late in the US session

2. exhaustion doji 3 candles before the EOH

3. PUT eoh and easy profit

these setups are easily 70%+

Just to Add to JustANoob's trade here you can see it near HOD at a strong resistance zone. This with the combinaton of being about 10 mins before EOH/TOH (Typically profit taking time), creates a highly probable trade. You'd see there was similar movment on AU as well. Takes some time to be able to truly 'see' it, but it's worth getting to know for sure, nice man.

V1hqAgk.png

• Mowgli likes this

#19 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

eurjpybo-m1-global-derivative-markets-2.

This is a favourite of mine as well man. Nice Big fall,but too quick, a retrace about half or back to the point where it started the big move to get on. Clearly interest from the bears, and the movement down was probably very rapid, although I didn't see it I can guess this, needed a rebound to slowly make its way back down. Happens a lot with rapid moves. Let me know your thoughts.

I always say the wicks give a lot of information, people like to leave it out, but for me it's pivotal.

• Mowgli likes this

#20 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

usdcadbo-m1-global-derivative-markets-2.

Probably, I should have given more importance to the two tail less bulls before...hmmm..happens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discipline, Psychology, Journaling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.