Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  palex2005 : (03 August 2020 - 03:42 AM) EMA
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:28 AM) Have a nice and profitable week Guys !!!!!!
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:27 AM) After all those years of trying and working i came out in a conclution and is simple..Trading needs knowledge - Pateince - Discipline in order to succeed ofcourse not in a couple of years ....
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:24 AM) @BOedge my friend it was a big challenge for me also to start work on Forex also but i never regret that till now
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:22 AM) We should never forget where how and who healp us to start from ...
@  STILIOS : (02 August 2020 - 11:21 AM) Its really nice to see some old and respectfull traders - members in here !!!
@  BOedge : (02 August 2020 - 04:52 AM) its really interesting when you read through some of the threads again and again what you discover that you just couldn't see or understand before. So many duh moment, lol.
@  BOedge : (02 August 2020 - 04:50 AM) good, finally understanding HH strat, at least a bit more, but still struggling with Larry. Switching to FX from BO is challenging. Biggest takeaway from Larry so far is to look beyond the open and close of a candle.
@  Sambo : (01 August 2020 - 01:43 AM) @David it's going well at the moment, hitting 2.5% per week...combining Al Brooks price action with Lazy Larry MM 🙂
@  David : (31 July 2020 - 06:40 AM) how about with yall
@  David : (31 July 2020 - 06:39 AM) not too bad sambo, always improving
@  Sambo : (30 July 2020 - 02:10 PM) @David how is your trading going david?
@  nkotb6 : (30 July 2020 - 06:26 AM) True @David Happy trading day!
@  roopem : (30 July 2020 - 12:05 AM) @XOOX hey, can you explain more?
@  David : (29 July 2020 - 02:58 PM) and i hear that nkotb6, can always be better!
@  David : (29 July 2020 - 02:58 PM) Ah man sorry to hear that sambo
@  nkotb6 : (29 July 2020 - 03:10 AM) Hi David, not bad but could be better.
@  Sambo : (29 July 2020 - 02:17 AM) ...broke from coronavirus to be honest, trying to supplement my income with trading.
@  Sambo : (29 July 2020 - 02:16 AM) Hi David
@  David : (28 July 2020 - 07:19 AM) how goes it fellas

Photo

Some easy lines for BillyKay's Patience, Discipline, Focus Strategy

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#1 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

POPULAR

Hi guys, 

i've started studying the markets approximately in december, and started trading the HH's style something like 3 months ago, and i have to say that i did not have good results. I know for sure what the problem is: my experience is nothing compared to HH's and i need a loooot more time watching the charts to reach that level of basically naked chart trading if i'll ever reach it. So last month, i decided i would have given a shot at another good strategy always based on PA but somehow more simple. And so i found this http://www.binaryopt...verage-returns/ . The title already kept me, because i noticed (in this 6 months of studying and trading) that focus is the most important thing, especially while trading BO -> discipline and patience come along with focus i think.

So i gave a look at the strategy and when i loaded all the indicators, at first i was like "What the heck am i supposed to do with this Dalì?" To me it felt like i was in the red light district in amsterdam.. really..

But i needed just a couple of hours to understand that i was looking at a very complete and not so complex trading platfom. For people like me, that don't have so much charting time... it was good to see indicators that tracks S/R, RNs and the woodie indicator that i think it's not a must but at the start it can be useful. I have to say that if you are not lazy, you can do everything this platform does without any indicators.. just put an indicator for RNs and you are good to go, everything else it's useless if you are an experienced trader. 

Next step was trying to look at PA converged with the indicators, and create a strategy with some rules.. and this is what i did.

What i'm going to show you it's not traded with real money yet (and not much with fake money too) but i'm backtesting this for a couple of weeks and it's giving very good results.

When I say very good results i mean more than 90% (truth is i still didn't find a loss... remember that BillyKay says he has 100% accuracy) IF you follow strictly the rules i have written while watching market behaviour.

If you read BillyKay's thread or tested this platform already, you will know that this indicators does not repaint EXPECT for the S/R indicator.. that will cancel the S/R areas the moment that these areas are broken, so while backtesting i always look for S/R areas that the indicator would have shown during live trading.

The changes I made to his platform are: 

- i removed the Trendlines indicator 

- i removed Nitro and Symbols indicators (optional)

- i added the Stratman Mini Chart indicator (optional)

I hope you know that BillyKay's strategy is not supposed to work in any market condition (like any other strategy): we have to avoid choppy markets, long wicks, too big candles and congestion periods (i think that is the word, btw i mean when there is no defined trend). I have to say that i tried to avoid reversal setups and take only trade with the trend and breakouts BUT if you take a look at the S/R indicator and you know something about PA and reversals it's very easy with this strategy to take these trades too.

I don't want to explain all his strategy again so i'll just write my rules and i'll show you some examples about which are the good trades and when to avoid a trade (and it never felt so easy, because the rules are child proof).

I advice you to read all his thread before looking at this one.

Pullback Rules (basically the setup that appears after a retracement in a defined trend):

•  obviously a good trend (don't worry i'll post images with everything);
  • a good retracement -> 3 to 5 candles on average (be aware because 2 candles retracement gave me a lot of losses during my backtesting); also the more price reaches 34EMA or 50EMA the better the retracement is, the important is that the retracement doesn't end in the first four EMAs of the Fan indicator (the orange ones in the images i'll show you later); never take a trade if the retracement doesn't make any sense (i'll show you, wait for it :D)
  • a good pattern -> like the retracement starting to get weaker and an engulfing candle that gives the signal (i'm talking about the 4x4 indicator, the one that gives you Green and Red diamonds); the engulfing candle is not necessary.. the most important thing is having a good RETRACEMENT and that trades are taken only when a candle breaks out from the Fan indicator (wait for the images :D); also AVOID big candles, just look at the previous 60 candles and see if this candle is above average.. if it's too big, probably price is in an overextended state and it's going to reverse.
  • take pullback trades ONLY when the Woodie indicator is Green if you are gonna take a Call trade and Red if you are gonna take a Put trade; NEVER take a trade if Woodie is Yellow or in Counter-Trending colour
  • never take a pullback trade right after that the price bounced from a VERIFIED S/R level or a RN (pay attention to what i mean for verified S/R levels -> when a new Higher High or LL  is created, the S/R indicator will already show a S/R level there, BUT it's not confirmed till price touches that level and bounces back again). Wait for the market to get powerful again and try to reach that level again;
  • sometimes it can happen that a 4x4 signal appears after a good retracement and on a good that that still didn't breakout from the fan: i strongly advice you to wait the next candle and if it doesn't make either the breakout i'll just wait for another setup.

Breakout Rules: this is something a BIT more complex but for every experienced trader it should be a walk in the park

So, imagine we are in an uptrend and a Fractal (the Yin-Yang signs on the graph) is confirmed by a Lower High: what does this means? That the price will stop there for a bit and maybe change direction, and it can be horizontally or become a downtrend. Now we have to do something manual (heeeek!!!). What i do is very simple: i draw a trendline connecting the fractal and the Lower High and i wait for these things to happen:

1. Trend will break the trendline and continue to push higher
  2. Trend will break the 50EMA and stabilize there or start a downtrend

Let's analize what to do in both situations:

Type 1:

• If price breaks my trendline i'll simply take a Call on the candle after the one that breaks out (you don't need the Woodie indicator to be green with this type of setup)

Type 2:

• If Woodie turns RED (not yellow) and then price breaks the 50EMA with a good downward momentum (see Woodie indicator for that) I take a Sell;
  • If price breaks the 50EMA without Woodie turning to Red i'll just wait for the next trend to define

Everything i wrote for this Uptrend example is the inverse when you are in a Downtrend obviously.

Uh i forgot: you don't need the 4x4 signals with the Breakout setups.

General Rules 

• all trades are taken on the M1 TF with a 5min expiry time EXPECT if price is moving toward a S/R level or a RN, I go for 3 min expiry time in this situation; do not take trades if price is too near one of these levels;
  • NEVER take trades during Top of Hour or Bottom of Hour (ex. ToH = 11.00; BoH = 11.30)
  • NEVER take trades near high impact news FOR ANY CURRENCY (this is subjective but i found out that it's better to stop on each asset during high impact news releases) and near medium impact news atleast 15-25 min before and 15-25 min after (depending on the impact and how many news are getting released)
  • as you can see i've never mentioned CCI crosses on the Woodie, because I found out that if you wait the CCI cross you will lose a lot of potential trades.

And that's should be it, I think i wrote everything, now give me some minutes and i'll prepare the images with detailed explanation.

If you can please don't reply to this post till i've posted the images or you will create confusion. Thanks in advance :)

Also a HUGE Thanks to BillyKay for this amazing platform for newbies like me and lazy guys like you :P and to Hubba Hubba for giving me motivation to continue studying trading and Price Action.

Edited by baryster, 02 June 2017 - 07:24 PM.

• zozon, varvas, Alfred and 16 others like this

#2 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

looks good. post some images and template.

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#3 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Example of GOOD and BAD Pullback Setups

hgE6g29.png

• hatırlaa, Deketch and nkotb6 like this

#4 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

Examples of GOOD and BAD Breakout Trades

Type 1:

H56UMm7.png

BE AWARE OF TRENDLINES BECAUSE THEY ARE SUBJECTIVE

I draw them trying to hit as much points i can, like Low/High of the candles and/or Open/Close of the candles.

• jair, hatırlaa and nkotb6 like this

#5 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

Examples of GOOD and BAD Breakout Trades

Type 2: 

GOOD

In314mo.png

BAD

EUQAvHT.png

• hatırlaa and nkotb6 like this

#6 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

The fractal indicator repaint jumping from 1 candle to another one.

This is what I found sometime ago testing Billykay strategy.

I completely removed from my template.

Good job.

Thanks

#7 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

And that's it for now, please i'm still backtesting this strategy but i'm having a really HIGH accuracy.. you just have to take in consideration every S/R and RN level and adjust your expiry time when you are near that. Follow strictly my rules and losing a trade will become very hard. I usually trade from the opening of London session (9am GMT+1) till 30 mins before the opening of NY session (13.30 GMT+1) looking at 2 assets with an average of 8 trades per day and 90%+ accuracy. (ONLY IN MY BACKTESTINGS :) i still lack discipline when i trade live so i'm stick to fake money till i'm ready to go)

I shared this with you because I need people to try this strategy live with me (ofc with fake money first) and because I already think it can work. The important is to avoid bad market conditions like this:

bPWNNtn.png

• nkotb6 likes this

#8 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Good job.

Thanks

merka, it's obvious the fractal indicator repaints, for definition "We are in an uptrend when an Higher High is created or in a downtrend when a Lower Low is created". You need a Lower High or Higher Low to CONFIRM IT. And i assure you it doesn't fly away if a Lower High or Higher Low appears xD

#9 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Ah, BTW i'm pretty sure a lot of more setups can be created on this platform, like reversals of course, but jeezz i hated reversals so for now i'll stick with riding the trend, if someone wants to help me we can develop something for reversal too :)

#10 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Good job.

Thanks

Imagine if it doesn't repaint like that.. i wasn't here writing this strategy but instead i would have been in the bahamas thanks to my reversal trades :P

• Manuedge, merka and joesaint like this

#11 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

I'll go to sleep now, it's 03.31am here.. Hope that i'll find some answers tomorrow, and someone willing to try it with me and post the results here.. oh we have to wait till monday jeezzz

#12 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

I suggest you to concentrate first on trend following setups as you are trading mostly London open where the market move a lot.

You will have easily 10 good setups per day in that time frame.

I have a full time job during that time so mainly I trade late NY where market is flat so I'm doing reversals trade as there will not be any good trend.

Cheers

• baryster likes this

#13 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

I suggest you to concentrate first on trend following setups as you are trading mostly London open where the market move a lot.
You will have easily 10 good setups per day in that time frame.

I have a full time job during that time so mainly I trade late NY where market is flat so I'm doing reversals trade as there will not be any good trend.
Cheers

Thanks for the hint merka.. That's why a lost my first bankroll... Reversals are baaaaad...btw I appreciate your interest in this thread :)

#14 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

according to me, pullbacks are also reversals. (albeit a bit safer)

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#15 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

Fantastic!! Great observations. Thanks for sharing.

• baryster likes this

#16 baryster

baryster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

The indicators are basically the ones already posted in BillyKay's thread, btw i'll post them here with my template too

Attached Files

• Manuedge, charli and nkotb6 like this

#17 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAsturias - Spain

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

I was trying BillyKay's strategy during the last month getting better results every day.

While trading, i try to combine the strategy with some knowledge gained in other excellent threads like Hubba Hubba thread, "Uday BO logic notes" and others.

I don't focus only in trends, but also in reversals, ranging... and also looking for setups and taking notes.

03eoCp3.png

About indicators: I was experimenting with different indicators like stochastic, MA14, etc.. But i have found they are not useful for me so i will recover the fan indicator. In this screenshoots, don't take the stochastic and MA14 into account.

English is not my native lenguaje, but i hope it is good enough everyone can understand my comments inside screenshots.

And remember, I am a newbie too and probably these are not the best trades, so... comments are welcome.

(MT4 shows GMT time)

• tiap likes this

#18 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

oFPT2B3.png

• nkotb6 likes this

#19 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

gpDF3LC.png

#20 jesusrcc

jesusrcc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

ERmhOHp.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.