Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Cookiebrawler : (17 September 2019 - 04:27 PM) MegaMoney 90%
@  aasir : (16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM) Binary Triumph
@  traderpusa : (10 September 2019 - 01:35 AM) that was my bmw lol. E60.
@  Monoaldo : (10 September 2019 - 01:34 AM) E60
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:12 AM) well said.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:07 AM) at least for the moment, china will hold back because of economic conditions. My guess is they want to involve PLA but simply are not in a position to do so for the moment.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:05 AM) well, regardless of any agreement between uk and europe, there is still nato is trump doesn't blow it up lol
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) I am really worried about HK if the PLA phase in this can interrupt the entire chain between FX liquidity and current import / export countries. I understand that we have a bunch of corporations exposed to China, now believe that 99 percent of them are stable in HK because they have a high law. If the PLA gets in, they'll substitute this economic centre with a singapore.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) Yeah, they're really a very significant player. I am informed that there is also a lot more than economic, for instance there are a number of military agreements agreed between the GB and the EU, which is serious.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:02 AM) the UK being part of the EU GDP figures, but not part of the Euro only makes things a bit complicated on how to interpret numbers for trading purposes.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:00 AM) of course one needs to focus on US being the biggest economy but UK is still up there. https://gyazo.com/42...39df1c7c58d9221
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) I'm focused on the US, so I don't spend so much on the GB, I'm supposed to study it well since 2015, but something has altered worldwide, literally, it's an enormous step in the world's liquidity and global system, modifications are nice, but they're really colorful.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) thanks good reading
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:53 AM) As to China, read this over the weekend : https://apnews.com/6...f75f013bf54e6a9
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:51 AM) Spectacular indeed lol, this is huge to be honest
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM) it's gonna be interesting. MP's are leaving the sinking ship and now also Bercow has resigned. Gonna miss this guy lol
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:46 AM) https://gyazo.com/58...16d785753060ff0
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:44 AM) I am very concerned about GBP, I have decided to leave until the government is making some definite deals on the Brexit. I'm not a supporter of uncertainty.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:42 AM) US It is expected to rebound until new years, because the season is coming and everyone is ready for new year revenues.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:41 AM) China is underwater now, and I can't even define how starving they are for dollars. Their imports fell significantly last quarter. They're trying to stimulate again, but I don't think it should work out, more than: we're back to the 2014/2015 situation. The issue with the Chinese central bank cutting off the supply of cash, the issue that they are not diversified around the world.

Photo

simple pattern strategy (75% itm)

simple pattern strategy 75% itm 100EMA 1 hour 15min TF

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 delord

delord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hello everybody,

I got bored during the weekend and came across a strategy on the internet that I slightly modified and tried to backtest it. It seems to have great results (about 75%) and gives about 2-3 signals per day on an asset. I think it works on all assets, but I will try to verify this. It doesn't work well during the night (central european time).

15 mins TF

1 hour expiry

100 EMA

You only need to trade with the trend, the stronger trend the better. I use EMA with a 100 period to determine the trend. I buy CALL options when the EMA is looking up and the PA is above it and PUT options when the EMA is facing down ind tha PA is under it.

The strategy itself is very simple. You buy 1hour expiry option, when this happens:

CALL signal:
15min bearish candle closes visibly below last 6 candles and doesn't come close to EMA

PUT signal:
15min bullish candle closes visibly above last 6 candles and doesn't come close to EMA

Remember to only go with the trend.

Good luck

Attached Files

• swede, MasterBlaster, nnld218 and 1 other like this

#2 Barnabee

Barnabee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

You have discovered the holy grail.

No wait, its a pullback. 😒😒😒
  • Tripack, traderpusa, shaileshm and 3 others like this

#3 delord

delord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

Well I'm sorry. I didn't know that and I just wanted to share what I found with you. No need to be a **** about it.

• swede, espiral333 and championforex like this

#4 shaileshm

shaileshm

Banned for long time trolling

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

You have discovered the holy grail.

No wait, its a pullback.

Over the course of time I have developed complicated concepts based on pull-backs, push-forwards, push-backs and pull-forwards etc. ;) B)

And I trade them all the time. However these strategies are not suited for newbies.

• championforex likes this
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#5 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Over the course of time I have developed complicated concepts based on pull-backs, push-forwards, push-backs and pull-forwards etc. ;) B)

And I trade them all the time. However these strategies are not suited for newbies.

Kindly disagree, on the contrary pullback strats within trend are the most suited.
  • botsog and championforex like this

#6 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Kindly disagree, on the contrary pullback strats within trend are the most suited.

I am also developing more advanced concepts on push-pull, pull-push, pull-pull, push-push, back-forward,forward-back, back-back, forward-forward. I will try to make them suitable for newbies.

• Tripack and 9alihan like this

#7 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

I am also developing more advanced concepts on push-pull, pull-push, pull-pull, push-push, back-forward,forward-back, back-back, forward-forward. I will try to make them suitable for newbies.

Thanks, keep in mind though that simplicity works as well :D
  • shaileshm likes this

#8 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

Thanks, keep in mind though that simplicity works as well :D

Let me try to explain a concept through a example.

2fb2f402fc.png

In the example above on UC today. First after the rn break I waited for the confirmation of direction. After two strong bullish candles from rn I know the price is moving up. Then I waited for pull-back , that you seed from the set of candles marked above. After that to decide on the entry, I normally wait for what I call a 'push-forward'. The candles shown in the box is one push-forward pattern. After this pattern I entered on the white line at the candle open for a expiry of five candles. Comfortable win at the end.

• MasterBlaster, mt4coder, ZeusDCS and 1 other like this

#9 swede

swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

@delord......applause for posting something that makes sence.....some of the strategies posted in these forums are so outrageously stupid one cannot even begin to comment on them. Yes ema trading works....the angle of accent or decent tells the story often, at the very least tells you what side you want to be watching for potential. There is a trader who uses the 34 ema high,low,close on the 15 min chart that does very well, seldom has large drawdowns and often makes huge gains......try it on short term bins and see how it works.

Attached Files

• MasterBlaster, simon1, delord and 2 others like this

#10 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

this is the second trade today on UC again. Entry on white line at candle open and expiry five candles. Probably not a prefect entry as the trade was OTM for a while on second candle.

30728ec908.png

Any guess on what confirms the direction, pullback and pushforward before the entry? (HINT: these patterns are in overlap with each other.)

• swede, MasterBlaster, ZeusDCS and 1 other like this

#11 swede

swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Ucad

Attached Files

• traderpusa and siimduud like this

#12 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

dabbled a bit... :)

Test it with 100EMA.

Use only in strong trend, aka steep MA.

Use only arrows where trend of previous 6 candles is well defined. Avoid trends with weak candles. Look for some white space/empty space aka no candles ranging directly next to signal candle.

Tempting but careful with repeat arrows.

Careful when arrows get close to MA.

Arrow comes at the beginning of the entry candle.

Does not repaint. Based on candle pattern.

Meant for M15 chart with H1 expiry. Possible use for M1 chart and 5 minute expiry, if applied properly. Test!!!

Do not take every signal, this is only meant to help spot entries better. If you pick the right trend set-up the results look pretty good.

Enjoy.

Attached Files

• simon1, Alfred, tiap and 1 other like this

#13 jakariyan

jakariyan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Well I'm sorry. I didn't know that and I just wanted to share what I found with you. No need to be a **** about it.

Hey I'm kinda curious what you meant by ****...coz I read it as 'gent'  :P LOL

Anyway on a serious note, I started out trading like this (still do) and I have used Barry's Support to help me determine when to enter a trade. Just thought it might help.

Cheers.

#14 delord

delord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

Hey I'm kinda curious what you meant by ****...coz I read it as 'gent'  :P LOL

Anyway on a serious note, I started out trading like this (still do) and I have used Barry's Support to help me determine when to enter a trade. Just thought it might help.

Cheers.

I don't want to be banned for using vulgar language, but it starts with 'd' :D

Would you mind explaining to me, what Barry's Support is? :) (or who is Barry :D)

Thank you

#15 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

Hi Swede,

have the same stuff on my chart, but EMA 50 on M5.

I call it EMA X (ema cross),  meaning when trend is down for example, and price crossed from EMA 50 low to EMA 50 high, often EMA 50 high is a good entry for a short.

Provided it is supported by a SR level.

cheers.

• swede and tiap like this

#16 jakariyan

jakariyan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

Is the word 'doll'? LOL

It's a support and resistance line...I don't know why it's called Barry, I'm assuming someone called Barry invented it. Am not on my PC right now so I can't upload it. Maybe someone else can explain it better and give you the file if you're interested. I'd use to draw an s/r line and if it bounces off that s/r I'd enter the trade at the next open candle. Hope that helps.

#17 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:30 AM

this is the second trade today on UC again. Entry on white line at candle open and expiry five candles. Probably not a prefect entry as the trade was OTM for a while on second candle.

30728ec908.png

Any guess on what confirms the direction, pullback and pushforward before the entry? (HINT: these patterns are in overlap with each other.)

What confirm the direction of the trade?

I didn't figured out it.

Cheers

#18 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

Barry is well known, but it only draws a line at a high or low based on fractals or ZZ.  As such it doesn't indicate support or resistance but that is the user problem, not the barry indi lol.

#19 Ammani

Ammani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:46 AM

That's the Barry indie. Whether you'll find it useful or not is subjective and really down to personal preference  ;)

Attached Files

Bend your view to the charts, not the charts to your view.

#20 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

two trades today so far on UC with same logic.

419f8b26f4.png

Second trade somewhat risky, misread the exhaustive move as a normal trend continuation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simple, pattern, strategy, 75%, itm, 100EMA, 1 hour, 15min TF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.