Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tripack : (16 October 2019 - 01:43 PM) Just that search section is at top right area :D
@  Abdul777 : (16 October 2019 - 12:01 AM) ain't gonna happen brotha'':D
@  Salmonhead : (15 October 2019 - 11:59 PM) trading signals
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 12:15 PM) ok, thanks
@  Singh : (11 October 2019 - 12:04 PM) @siewen I dont think any broker offers vix on mt4 but you can use tradingview to see vix chart
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 10:55 AM) where can i find broker offering VIX chart but on mt4? i cant find any...
@  siewen : (11 October 2019 - 02:02 AM) Hello. is there any binary brokers allowing trade eur/usd as binary? with europa, it is problem now...
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:39 AM) http://www.binaryopt...will-deposit-t/
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:02 AM) lost
@  andylaudj : (11 October 2019 - 01:02 AM) lost
@  Tripack : (09 October 2019 - 10:57 AM) Hi mf, long time. Everything ok here. How are u doing ?
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) how is going recently ?
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) whatsup ppl
@  manfloy : (09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM) hey whats
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:27 PM) The latter as Singh said can be all found online for free, just interpretation are maybe paid, but again subjective
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:26 PM) I mean: There is a difference between paying for a university degree in economics that teaches about the bricks about how to invest long term, and chart reading skills.
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:24 PM) There is a difference between paying for a university degree in economics and learn about the bricks about how to invest long term
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:23 PM) Plus the fact that any paying courses trading short term TA is not based on any real knowledge
@  Tripack : (08 October 2019 - 01:21 PM) Right
@  traderpusa : (07 October 2019 - 09:55 PM) same reason a verified account should be presented before posting here your grand 70%-80% winning strategy.

Photo

Binary Triump Arrow indicator

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

@odsel

Well, I tried to edit your indicator today, winrate looked very nice on your "itm counter", but I'm not sure if it's working or if it has issues.

Or maybe I broke it? Can you test?

I sent my edited version in a private message, check it later.

Ok people, big thanks to ruynzinho for making efforts to find a good filter.

He actually gave a good fitler idea,

I checked it and ITM ratios were fine, he didn't mess up the code, I implemented the fitler idea he provided in a proper way,

now it's a new indicator.

Be warned that I haven't tested it live, now it might repaint!

Be warned that ITM calculations are done just once and cover the current history, in order to trigger it to recalculate you need to refresh indicator

So it calculates ones it is refreshed - it doesn't add up ITM results as a live trading goes

Why it doesn't? because it was quite hard to code it in the first place, and the feature to calculate ITM results on the fly is even harder - no, not harder but just time consuming to code

So be advised that ITM results are calculated once the indicator is refreshed by you!

How to refresh indicator? There are several ways (you need to do only one of them):

- Remove and add indicator to chart again,

- Change timeframe and change back

- Change indicator settings

- Recompile indicator in the editor

Once again, thanks ruynzinho !

Attached Files

• teodomiro, Battery, charli and 2 others like this

Odsel - is actually a randomly generated name. It has no meaning. Once created for a single use, and now I register everywhere using it! ... I feel weird

#42 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

I've been wondering if the repainted setups that disappear are counted in itm calculator also..

ruynzinho's version repainted some, so I imagine yours will also.

#43 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone actually tested this indicator?

The setup does not occur until anywhere from 1 second to 52 seconds after the candle closes.. which makes this indicator useless if we can't get a good spot to enter..

#44 bomad

bomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, currently I'm trying the 123 strategy, I gotta say it's hard. I'm figuring out how to develop it and plan it.

To be more specific I found that 123 pattern with 61.8% fibbo retracement is rather a good quality set-up, not a frequent tho, I also found that on higher timeframes (M15 and above) it does better than M1 or M5.

My main isssue here - I'm very busy with my main job, and have a less time to devote to indie development. But I am working.

Hi odsel,

I wish I could help to bring in 123 into your indi, but I have no clue about coding. The most known way is the good old repainting zigzag....

to get 123 alerts. The smaller the setting for depth, the more often a setup will appear. There are some free 123pattern indis, but I can`t find one mql4, so that you can check out the code and use it maybe.

Second way to find 123 setups is of course the good old fib. An idea would be 38.2 or 50, or 61.8 will trigger point 3 in the background. But only if price returns and passes 38.2 into the original move, a BT-Hook appears on the chart and alerts when the (current) candle breaks the diagonal BT - leg.

Just an idea, don`t know if it can be coded. Please take your time. You did way more anybody could ask for.

Thanks again !!!

#45 bomad

bomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Here are some fresh examples from today.

First pic: "Break Arrow High Low v2.0" made a yellow BT-Hook and after 123 indi gave alert. (nothing to do with each other, but shows nicely my idea how it could be)

38.2 triggered, price came back immediately back into original move, goes below 38.2, "Break Arrow High Low" draws the hook, candle breaks (current) the line, boom 30 min exp., winner.

Second pic: The same. I just put in black lines for BT. 38.2 triggered (btw, good sign for a strong down move when price doesnt reach 50 or 61.8) price went back below 38.2, down it goes.

Hope this shows better what I mean when I am talking about 123 combined with Binary Triumph.

Check out how fast 123 happened again, after the first setup.

Unfortunately 123 indi is only ex.4 so the code cannot put into "Break Arrow High Low v2.0"

But I hope it is useful anyway.

Attached File  Uuhyeah.png   404.42KB   26 downloads

Attached File  Uuhyeah 2.png   360.63KB   15 downloads

Attached File  1-2-3-pattern-indicator.ex4   33.15KB   253 downloads

• Battery and evandrosalvi like this

#46 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

POPULAR

Hello again!

Big Updates!

• Fixed a lot of mistakes, now lines draw correctly

• Filter options affect on arrows, it doesn't affet the triangle appearance - the triangle will appear always if the set-up was found, otherwise if filters did apply to whole triangle - it would repaint enormously.

• Arrows are non-repaint only if you turn off "Apply Filters" option. If you turn it on it might repaint. Actually the indicator and their parameters suggested by ruynzinho are very odd to me (these options are defaults in main indicator), why it had to be like this - is an open discussion

• ITM panel corrected - now it shall calculate ITM results on the fly
  • Added new option to consider the history - "Calculate history", if you set it as false, it won't calculate the history so you can forward test it or even back test it using the mt4 tester and see for yourself how does the indicator proves itself.
  • I tried myself backtesting in M5 using default settings but disabling the "Calculate history" and got these results for EURUSD M5 from 2017.05.01 till 2017.05.06
    • ONE BAR, WR% = 57.14 ITM: 16 OTM: 12 
    • TWO BARS, WR% = 53.57 ITM: 15 OTM: 13
    • THREE BARS, WR% = 42.86 ITM: 12 OTM: 16
    • FOUR BARS, WR% = 42.86 ITM: 12 OTM: 16
    • FIVE BARS, WR% = 50.00 ITM: 14 OTM: 14
    • SIX BARS, WR% = 53.57 ITM: 15 OTM: 13
  • All of which are proven ones in backtester

Still looking for a good filter - give any ideas if you have

The idea the bomad suggested adding the 1-2-3 strategy - I haven't done it yet, just wanted to fix my indicator first so it's stable and won't show any bug surprises in the future.

Attached Files

• samson, Alfred, teodomiro and 8 others like this

Odsel - is actually a randomly generated name. It has no meaning. Once created for a single use, and now I register everywhere using it! ... I feel weird

#47 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

Also one thing

Do not use this indicator on H4 and D1 timefframes, I don't know why but the lines are draw off to the right

#48 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Minor fixes

Sometimes it used to show like this wrong arrows:

Attached File  26-05-2017 22-34-07.png   10.15KB   18 downloads

Now - fixed

Attached Files

• ruhul, hatırlaa and charli like this

#49 KAndreei

KAndreei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

I have seen some repaint.
EDIT:AHH Sorry the filter is on 

#50 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the update.

What does the RSI Shift exactly mean?

Also in the previous versions I have massed together 18 ITM and 22 OTM live testing repainted signals. This % is not representative of the ITM % shown on the calculator. During live testing previous versions I had 33 ITM and 9 OTM the non-repainted signals. This was quite high % for the ITM calculated on the indicator. It is a small sample size, but something to be aware of. Luckily, I found a setting with the newest version with 97-99% ITM on all of the currencies and if we assume the repainted signals are still 45% ITM, well, then we have a 71% ITM indicator, lol.

Good work, unfortunately this indicator always leaves me with little room to test it before the markets close. I will test more fully on Monday. The arrow seems to be appearing at a good time, though (before candle close).

• Limafox likes this

#51 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Hi Ewa!

The RSI Shift means - to look by some bars back.

For examples if Shift = 2 that means the Filter logic is to compare the current value of RSI with previous 2nd RSI.

Let me explain what does the filter, previously suggested by ruynzinho , does here:

It considers following tech indicators:

• RSI with settgins: period = 8, price=close
    • Current RSI, and
    • Previous RSI at 3rd bar (0 - means current, 1 - previous, 2 - before previous, 3 - before before previous ), this is where the RSI shift parameters comes
  • Upper RSI level at 53
  • Lower RSI level at 49

• Stochastic with K = 6, D = 3, Slowing = 3, Method = Exponential, Pricefield = Close/Close:
    • Current Stochastic main line - the blue line by default
  • Upper Stochastic level at 55
  • Lower Stochastic level at 47

Filter applies to arrows, and on certain it will allow arrow appearance, and in others forbid - this is the meaning of filtering:

Filter allows UP arrows when the following conditions are met at the same time:

• RSI current > Upper RSI Level, and
  • RSI previous <= Upper RSI level, and
  • Stochastic current > Upper Stochastic level.

Filter allows DOWN arrows when the following conditions are met at the same time:

• RSI current < Lower RSI Level, and
  • RSI previous >= Lower RSI Level, and
  • Stochastic current < Lower Stochastic level

This is the idea ruynzinho suggested - really odd to me if you ask

Why does it repaint, since the mt4's technical indicators do not repaint - still issue to me to find out and fix it.

But you can also give any other ideas and I will implement them if they're good.

• Ewa likes this

#52 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

I did research my code and found where it was repainting, now I fixed it:

• Now it should never repaint arrows, it can repaint only in live on current bar, when the bar haven't closed yet, when it goes in and out of our filter critera and line cross
    • If it stays within our criteria and line is crossed the arrow will remain
  • No surprises, ITM values are now correct and are about more realistic 50%

Here's the fixed one:

Attached File  Break Arrow High Low v3.3.mq4   30.44KB   640 downloads

Now let me share my thoughts and ideas on it

1. It's not correct to try to add technical indicators to a price action based strategy. Since our indicator is price action based so another price action, lines, round numbers, fibbo, zigzag swings must be added instead of technical indicators
  2. You can always use this indicator in your own vision, add to another strategy system, all is up to your skills. There's no a single indicator (as far as I know) which can by itself do everything and acheive >65% ITM. The strategy is always a multiple indicators + your judgement.
  3. Now let me show some of my ideas, whereas you could use it with other PA knowledge by yourself:
    1. Divergency - where you could tell whether the trend is over or still goes on
      1. Here's the example of trend that lost it's force and is about to be reversed, add to that our indicator and you'll get:Attached File  EURUSDM5.png   148.71KB   14 downloads
      2. Here's the example of trend being still in it's power and higly probable that it will continue:Attached File  EURUSDM5_straight_div.png   130.57KB   3 downloads
    2. Fibbo retracements
      1. A superb example of 1-2-3 strategy and fibbo being retraced at 61.8%(look at middle down arrow - it should be our entrance):Attached File  EURUSDM5_1-2-3.png   153.71KB   6 downloads
      2. Another example of 1-2-3 and fibbo being retraced at yet another significant 38.2% (look at middle down arrow - it should be our entrance):Attached File  EURUSDM5_1-2-3(1).png   152.42KB   7 downloads
      3. Yet another 1-2-3 with 50% retracement but now it's upwards(look at middle up arrow - it should be our entrance):Attached File  EURUSDM5_1-2-3(2).png   147.06KB   5 downloads

Now onto our question to make this type of thing as a filter - yeah they can be added, but that's flipping hard, time consuming, I will be trying to add them and eventuall will, but then the indicator might become supercomplex so it rather be easy to look into chart by yourself and judge the decisions on your own and not fully depending on arrows.

• Limafox, teodomiro, yarik19 and 3 others like this

#53 ruynzinho

ruynzinho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for fixing it, now I can see that my idea did not help at all :D

It even got worse with my idea, because it decreases chances of playing.

I was deceived by the wrong winrate, sorry.

Time to forget my idea...

#54 odsel

odsel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for fixing it, now I can see that my idea did not help at all :D

It even got worse with my idea, because it decreases chances of playing.

I was deceived by the wrong winrate, sorry.

Time to forget my idea...

Don't worry, the indicators are not the perfect thing, the human always must be the one who takes decisions.

#55 Ewa

Ewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

.. or you can just find really bad settings and trade the opposite of the signal.

#56 bomad

bomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hi Odsel,

thanks for developing your indi on and on, good job !!!

And thanks for your examples, which bring us closer to pure PA using 123 and fibs.

Looking forward to that version of your indi without any oscillators or candlestick patterns.

Guys do not get me wrong, but 4 years of stochastic "surfing" in overbought, oversold zones are more than enough for me. Time to get back to the roots of what the Boss of BOE told us years ago: " Listen, class, here are my 180 winning trades in a row (youtube video don`t have the link), without any indi, PA only "  (lol but true)

He didn`t use 123 or fib, just S+R. But PA as 123 is a repeating fact in every timeframe and fibs do help a lot.

I hope the simple 123 indi I posted, did help some traders, I still got no 123 mq4 file for you, maybe someone got one to post it here so odsel can work with it.

#57 HAWK

HAWK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

180 winning trades in a row  :wacko:

#58 bomad

bomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

180 winning trades in a row  :wacko:

yeah, in his video he is walking through his account on brokers history pages. For everyone to see, that it worked.

#59 bomad

bomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

Wait a minute.... I thought everybody here knows the creator of Binaryoptionsedge and knows where ...."edge" is coming from...., WHAT ?

All about Davit, the trading champ and his videos of teaching years back on his first project "Binaryoptionsdaily"

Unfortunately he and his gang is not teaching anymore, because they are just rich. I think Davit is selling flowers to widows between 25 and 35 years of age only. Just to do something.

....No, serious, he moved on to futures and stuff.

And if somebody is asking:" But where is the ...."edge" now ???

Well, only a handful here are ....edge (unfortunately not me) and the rest is.... well I guess you know what happens when ceo is leaving his company...

#60 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

180 trades in a row, goes to show the power of price Action... Im impressed by the tenacity of Odsel in improving this indicator - along the way we are learning a lot

teach me teacher!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.