Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shahram : (22 September 2019 - 10:20 AM) Does anyone has experience with dukastcopy?
@  Shahram : (22 September 2019 - 10:18 AM) dukascopy
@  gabrielscama... : (21 September 2019 - 12:25 PM) mt5
@  Tripack : (21 September 2019 - 12:12 PM) Heh
@  Cookiebrawler : (17 September 2019 - 04:27 PM) MegaMoney 90%
@  aasir : (16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM) Binary Triumph
@  traderpusa : (10 September 2019 - 01:35 AM) that was my bmw lol. E60.
@  Monoaldo : (10 September 2019 - 01:34 AM) E60
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:12 AM) well said.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:07 AM) at least for the moment, china will hold back because of economic conditions. My guess is they want to involve PLA but simply are not in a position to do so for the moment.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:05 AM) well, regardless of any agreement between uk and europe, there is still nato is trump doesn't blow it up lol
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) I am really worried about HK if the PLA phase in this can interrupt the entire chain between FX liquidity and current import / export countries. I understand that we have a bunch of corporations exposed to China, now believe that 99 percent of them are stable in HK because they have a high law. If the PLA gets in, they'll substitute this economic centre with a singapore.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) Yeah, they're really a very significant player. I am informed that there is also a lot more than economic, for instance there are a number of military agreements agreed between the GB and the EU, which is serious.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:02 AM) the UK being part of the EU GDP figures, but not part of the Euro only makes things a bit complicated on how to interpret numbers for trading purposes.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:00 AM) of course one needs to focus on US being the biggest economy but UK is still up there. https://gyazo.com/42...39df1c7c58d9221
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) I'm focused on the US, so I don't spend so much on the GB, I'm supposed to study it well since 2015, but something has altered worldwide, literally, it's an enormous step in the world's liquidity and global system, modifications are nice, but they're really colorful.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) thanks good reading
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:53 AM) As to China, read this over the weekend : https://apnews.com/6...f75f013bf54e6a9
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:51 AM) Spectacular indeed lol, this is huge to be honest
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM) it's gonna be interesting. MP's are leaving the sinking ship and now also Bercow has resigned. Gonna miss this guy lol

Photo

Trendingale

trend ema martingale 1 minute binary

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Battery

Battery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Yeah that might be a good idea. Ive got some thoughts and ideas too

Totally agree. Too often a thread get hijacked, warped and the original philosophy is lost. So apologies to Rainy88.

So here we go...

http://www.binaryopt...-battery-power/

• tradesmart likes this

#42 ja46176

ja46176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

I think MBFX can be a real help here, it at least tells us when to stop MGing.

ZDGHpjM.jpg

Call me James  ;)

#43 ja46176

ja46176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

I think MBFX can be a real help here, it at least tells us when to stop MGing.

ZDGHpjM.jpg

Of course, more examples to follow. Just rapid food for thought for anyone with spare time.

Call me James  ;)

#44 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hi guys 

Did anybody managed to find a solution not reaching too many MG steps.

I was doing some backrest on the past 48 house but I hit some times even 6 steps.

Not good for me.

Any ideas to improve this strategy using less MG?

#45 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hi guys 

Did anybody managed to find a solution not reaching too many MG steps.

I was doing some backrest on the past 48 house but I hit some times even 6 steps.

Not good for me.

Any ideas to improve this strategy using less MG?

#46 botraderpro

botraderpro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

I tried it yesterday on demo with martingale as per OP's original strat. Built up $100 in roughly an hour just as OP said, but then.... ta da! lost it ALL as I had to martingale loss after loss. Maybe OP has been doing this a long time and has a better idea how to mg without being wiped out, but for me it doesn't work. It's a case of 2 steps forward and 3 back. Even with MBFX filter it's not reliable enough for me. What gets you every time is the switch over from buying to selling and vice versa. It's just too risky.

• merka likes this

#47 seanair

seanair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHome away from home.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Really simple: you sell every 1min candle's close below the 10 exponential moving average and buy every close above it. If you start with a minimum of 2$ a bet it's about 100$ an hour calculated on a 80% payout. In my very short testing this works best when market is trending (so a longer period ma like a 20 - 50 sma is recommended, you don't want it to be flat-ish) and when the market has medium to high volatility (just add and atr or a 14 periods bollinger bands).

I know martingale is risky but in my experience I never went beyond the 4th level (I used a 2, 6, 18, 54, 162 scheme) and traded also in conditions of low volatility and ranging market to stress this strategy out.

Hey mate. Just want to share some stuff with you and hopefully I can throw some light onto your trading tactic. If you research a little on the calculation and core concept of EMA, MA and SMA you will see that they are very simple and straight forward mathematics equation that concludes at the end of the closing of each candles. And as each candle closes, the MA lines are drawn or joined from the previous positions. On this concept, you would also realised that as the candle sticks are near touching the MA lines, the ambiguity of the current candle to close 'permanently' above or below the MA is not carved in stone yet. 

What may seemed to close above or below the MA lines now may not be true at the end of the next candle and a few later. Historical reading charts will not be able to show you the ambiguity but in real time market, you are at best throwing trades with your gut if you are following your rules.

The concept of Martingale is great if it is to be applied with an edge in trading. For leverage. But I have to disagree with those who preach that a Martingale approach can further increase our profitability despite how bad your trading accuracy is. With your described trading approach and coupled with your Martingale management, you are at best delaying your account going bust. Or you are just keeping your trade time longer. That is all. I have to say that I am writing this with respect for you as you share your trading approach here. I am not judging you in anyway. But I would like to caution you the misconception you might have on the way you use MA lines to execute trades and coupled it with Martingale management.

Every trader will tastes success every now and then. But only the really smart and not necessary good traders will outlast everyone and outgrow their personal trading account in the long haul. To achieve the latter, you have to trade and manage your money like a long haul trader. Again I want to say that I am commenting here with the intention to share and hopefully assist. Not to judge or condemn you nor anyone here.  

• merka likes this

from a seanair,  slàinte mhòr! 

Core concept of my trading (These are very similar to how I slay it)

https://www.forexfac...ad.php?t=307381

http://www.binaryopt...ersal-analysis/

#48 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

You are right and we concluded after back testing that this strategy in not working as you can hit even 6MG.

Mechanical strategy like this works better under very very specific conditions and not across 24 hours 5 days a week.

Till now I didn't find any filter for this strategy to make it work with a max of 3MG.

#49 wags

wags

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Hi

I dont know wether this can help you with your strat but i think it might make a difference

http://www.binaryopt...xpiry/?p=119550

Here is the MTF tools for charts below

Attached File  ACP Multi Pair.mq4   2.17KB   399 downloads
Attached File  ACP Arrow Change Pair.mq4   26.49KB   433 downloads

Please goto Lazy Larry post http://www.binaryopt...hread/?p=144478for a guide :)

#50 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

... the current candle to close 'permanently' above or below the MA is not carved in stone yet. 

What may seemed to close above or below the MA lines now may not be true at the end of the next candle and a few later. Historical reading charts will not be able to show you the ambiguity but in real time market, you are at best throwing trades with your gut if you are following your rules.

That isn't quite correct. And that is due to the nature of how the MA is calculated and how MT4 draws the MA lines on your chart. Let's say your chart only shows 100 candles and you put an MA20 on your chart. Your line will only be 80 candles long and there will be no MA line in the first 20 candles of the chart. Because there is not enough data to draw a line from. You need 20 candles for that after all.

When I talk about first candles in this case I am talking about the candle 1 on the left hand side of your chart while your current candle would be candle 100.

So as the MA is drawn the past data stays as it is and only the newest bit of the MA is drawn at the current candle. Because it is not that it redraws the whole line of the MA. The MA data point of your current candle is merely a point - the average of the last 20 candle: the close of candle 1 through 20 divided by 20. The line is drawn by connecting all these individual points, or dots. So at the current candle the line simply draws forward to connect the latest dot. Each dot along the line represents the sum of the average of its last 20 candles, that affects none of the other dots along the line. Each is the sum of their own average.

In other words, an MA does not repaint and yes, a candle close at/above/below is what it is - set in stone. :)

• seanair likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trend, ema, martingale, 1 minute, binary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.