Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:01 AM) and by the way if that guy trys to sell you stuff dont buy it, he's just ripped off some indi's over at forex-station lol its all freely available
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 AM) lol hey TP hows it going young man
@  traderpusa : (01 July 2020 - 01:53 PM) So is the market lol
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) yall are savage :D
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) haha
@  Sambo : (29 June 2020 - 05:04 PM) If there's one thing i've learned, it's that the most profitable traders are the least boastful.
@  happyjas : (27 June 2020 - 09:50 PM) We understand what took place, you won a lot of money and bought a new "BMW M4 cake", you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and sounded like this: "My name is my name, if you ask me again I'll tell you the same, I won a lot of money, and already shove it on my candy back-end, but there's one problem, everyone knows already that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK."
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:43 PM) the R8 Audi thing -_-
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:42 PM) :unsure: 'Can't afford the BM thing, 'just got the 2018 Audi 2016 :(
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:41 PM) :unsure: 'Ca
@  Dyabolus : (26 June 2020 - 03:45 AM) so were u verified by David at last? how about that 'pic'
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 04:48 PM) sure post a pic
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:17 PM) sorry im bragging again, i sincerly apologize. Just wanted to share with you :(
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) By the way do you wanna see my new BMW M4?
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) where do you read that closure stuff?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:45 AM) thanks anyways MAster David, a million times :)
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:41 AM) *closure
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:39 AM) feeling anxious about what I read about BOE (the enclosure, i guess) :(
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 07:18 AM) good how about you happy?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:16 AM) hello MAster David, how are you?

Photo

Ultimate Price Action

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 charlesl

charlesl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Let's move this discussion over to the Premium Collection/Range Trading thread so this thread can remain dedicated to UPA

#22 apexinvesting

apexinvesting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

The expected range and expected volume indicator can help you easily narrow this down by day of week hour of day (even export the report etc..) and its insanely accurate.

I covered this in this Mondays webinar on iron Condors and we have now added a straddle versus a condor range bound trade comparision calculator that does all the math for you.

Combining the ranges with the calculator makes for some great trading in range bound or volatile markets. ANd allows you to objectively identify the best play by time of day and instrument.

I did an example in this mornings webinar as well.

The webinars are on the free news trading plan posted under news as well as the calculator in the free member area at apexinvesting.net Enjoy :)

#23 wojtekz

wojtekz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

Is this method profitable in long term?

#24 Elite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Apex strategies work very well.  

#25 wojtekz

wojtekz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

Disclaimer:  This is an idea which is not fully baked.  Also, the thread title has nothing to do with what most people mean when they say "Price Action".  Nevertheless, I think it is appropriate because the idea is based solely on the prices of NADEX binary contracts.

The essential idea:  NADEX binaries on currencies expire at the top of the hour.  30 minutes before expiry we will examine the prices of the NADEX binary contracts on EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/JPY, and EUR/JPY (why just those?  Don't know, but that is what I am focusing on at the moment; remember the idea is not fully baked).  We identify contracts which have a Bid of $80 or higher and those which have an Offer of $20 or lower.  The market is saying that a contract with a Bid of $80 or higher is most likely going to finish in the money.  It is also saying that a contract with an Offer of $20 or higher is most likely going to finish out of the money.  We think the market is correct.  However, we aren't going to risk $80 to find out.  Instead, we wait for a pullback in the price of the $80 contract to $50 so we can BUY it.  Further, we wait for an increase in the price of the $20 contract to $50 so we can SELL it.  We can setup up our orders ahead of time.  So, for the $80 contract, we put in our order to buy at $50.  It will sit in our Working Orders until the contract comes down to our level and we get filled.  Or for the $20 contract, we put in our order to SELL at $50.  Again, it just sits there until the price rises enough for us to get filled.  After we have our orders set up, we just wait.  At 5 minutes until expiry, we CANCEL ALL OPEN ORDERS.  If the order hasn't been filled by then, then we don't want it to be filled because by the time it does, the underlying currency may not have time to reverse its direction in time for us to be profitable.

It is easy to identify potential trades just by looking at the Bid/Ask prices of the contracts, but on the mobile platform the charts of the contract price can be consulted as well.  Here's an example:

janqtlw.png

On this chart which is a screenshot of the NADEX app on my Android phone, I have marked with arrows the time showing the :30 minute mark, the point on the line graph showing the price of the contract and the price on the Y axis on the right.  You can see that this contract was trading with a Bid/Ask midpoint above $80 at the time I did the screenshot.  It is for GBP/USD > 1.6864.  So, based on what I have laid out above, for this contract we would put in an order to BUY the contract at $50.

In the case of the contract in this chart, the order was never filled because the price did not move down enough before the :55 minute.  So, I just canceled the order according to the rule.  That is what is going to happen most of the time.  None of the orders will be filled.  And you will have to cancel at the :55 minute.  However, you sometimes will get filled and when you do, the expectation is that you'll be showing a loss for a little while in the position but in the end, you expect the underlying currency to reverse and you finish with a profitable trade.

I think the time to trade this is probably between 7AM and 3PM when the markets in the US are most active.

What I like about it is that it depends only on the "price action" of the contracts.  There's no indicators and charts.  The only chart I would use is like the one shown above which graphs  the price of the contract not the level of the currency.  This is why I have borrowed the "Price Action" term so many people are fond of.  My apologies if you price action lovers feel I have co-opted your terminology and misused it.

Are you still trading this method?

#26 thenakaz

thenakaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA NY

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

Apex strategies work very well.  

is it from apexinvesting ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.