Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  kennisiu : (20 November 2017 - 04:30 PM) Hello
@  maximusa : (20 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) hello
@  kennisiu : (20 November 2017 - 09:08 AM) I always use Forex Factory News, but Economic Calendar does give a lot news, I feel like Forex Factory only give an important news..
@  happyjas : (20 November 2017 - 06:21 AM) flooded.. sorry..
@  happyjas : (20 November 2017 - 06:21 AM) Investing.com Economic Calendar or Forex Factory News?.. please post your recommendation my fellow traders.. Warmest Regards..
@  manfloy : (20 November 2017 - 02:13 AM) Uncle mth
@  kennisiu : (19 November 2017 - 11:43 PM) check out this indicator guys
@  kennisiu : (19 November 2017 - 12:54 PM) does anyone has Boss indicator V4? I'm currently using this indicator www.binarystrategy.org and willing to share if anyone have a decent indicators..
@  Ewa : (19 November 2017 - 12:36 PM) very many amazing 100% accurate indicators shared already man
@  alexms58 : (19 November 2017 - 11:56 AM) RD COMBO EX4
@  alexms58 : (19 November 2017 - 11:55 AM) RD COMBO CX4
@  kennisiu : (19 November 2017 - 02:02 AM) anyone like sharing their indicator? I have one indicator to share, if anyone willing so share their..
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 10:12 AM) Wow, I'm already exhausted xD
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) First one otm
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 10:01 AM) And maybe mix that with sr
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 10:01 AM) I'm going to trade patterns see what percentage I get
@  HAWK : (18 November 2017 - 09:58 AM) cya bud.
@  HAWK : (18 November 2017 - 09:58 AM) I like this forum bcz sometimes its show up really good people&ideas. And you are right, safe and no stress trading is absolutely long TT.
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 09:58 AM) Have a good weekened man
@  ZeusDCS : (18 November 2017 - 09:56 AM) Hey man, I'm jsut here for fun rn, not taking anything seriously

Photo

New Year’s Challenge! 20 Weeks of Trading!

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

Poll: New Year’s Challenge! 20 Weeks of Trading! (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you up for it?

1. Yes! I will start right now! (17 votes [73.91%])

Percentage of vote: 73.91%

2. Nah! I am a chicken. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. NO! I am not a chicken, and I am offended by the word Chicken. You should be banned right now for offending my very self. (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

4. Nah! I have a reason and I will state that in this thread. (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Does this thread deserves the title of "Best Challenge of 2017"

1. Yes (15 votes [65.22%])

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. No (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

POPULAR

PS: Inspired by #100DaysOfCoding.

Maybe, I'll ask Mod to rename this thread title later to remove the new year title if you guys don't feel like it after some weeks/months. But remember, the new year will always be there every year, but you will most probably won't improve at this rate. Read why...

You are thinking that you will do some great trading in the next year. But from the past experience you also know that your next year’s plan will most probably fail because you are actually lazy. You know you just won’t improve if you don’t do anything. But you still go to fb, watch movies and make new goals for next year and still go to fb, watch movies....

It’s time to spice things up. I present you 20WeeksOfTrading challenge. Where you will trade every single day continuously for 20 Weeks. After this challenge, here is what you’ll get:

1. 20 Weeks worth solid trading history to show off.

2. 20 Weeks of solid trading history to assess your growth.

3. A better you who knows his stuff.

4. Better Habit of planning properly and trading.

5. Same-minded peoples who are also dedicated to their trading business.

6. Better habit of being transparent.

7. You can say you did great in #20WeeksOfTrading challenge and you have the guts to do something like that.

Well, not very impressive of you if you think of the hard work. Also not very impressive of you if you chicken out and don’t join this simplest thing ever.

Base Rules:

1. Trade each and every single day (from monday to friday) for the whole trading week.

2. You must do at least one trade per day. You can do as many trades as you want.

3. It can be demo or real account.

4. It can be binary, spot forex (make sure you do trades that don’t get carried over to next day), futures, manual or EA.

5. You can have multiple strategies, multiple accounts and any kind of thing. Just make sure you know what you are doing.

6. You don’t have to share the informations to me. BUT you will share the whole trading history after the end of the contest. If your ITM% is greater than 60%, you can just verify the strategy with your back straight.

7. Your ITM ratio can suck, it won’t matter as long as you trade every day.

8. You cannot skip any day in any week. But in the most extreme circumstances, you are allowed to skip one day in three weeks. Because you get a skip on saturday and sunday anyway. If you skip one day, you will add one week at the end of the challenge. That means you must do 21 weeks if you miss one day in 20 weeks, 22 weeks if you miss two trading days. Be careful, this is the hardest rule.

9. You cannot trade on any kind of OTC market. Because that breaks the rule of skipping saturday and sunday.

10. You can exploit the rules and share only your best trades, but know that we will know the truth when you end the challenge. :)

11. You can chicken out from the challenge anytime. But you will just prove that you are a chicken. Or, yes you are free to leave if your reasoning is valid. But if you leave, you will have to start over or better if you don’t join at all. Your business don’t need a boss who gives up.

How to join:

1. You can join anytime in any week, you trading must start from next monday. If you join sunday, your trading will start from the next day. If you join monday, your trading can start from the same day, but if you join at tuesday, your trading must start from the next monday (6 days later).

2. Reply here and say that you are up to this challenge. You don’t have to say your strategy or anything.

3. After your trading day, you will reply to this forum about that day’s progress and/or trades (here or preferred, in the respective thread), or in your twitter/facebook/blog/journal if you don’t wanna reveal your strategy right now. Just let us know about that when you are finished.

4. When you post, you must state this line Day number XX of #20WeeksOfTrading Challenge.

Secret Sauces:

1. If you do just the PA trades/hubba hubba style trade for next 20 weeks, how much you’ll learn? Just figure that out.

2. If you want a price reward after all this hard work, you can ask me after you complete this challenge and I will consider it after discussing. And, ofc you can use your real account in this challenge since I won’t ask for the credentials ever. I don’t know about what happens after 20 weeks, things might be changed.

3. If you show random excuses like how hard it might be to trade each day, well, you should know that you are not worthy of being a challenger.

4. You can add additional rules to spice things up like limiting yourself to certain amount of trades, doing trades only at 3PM etc. :)

Is it really hard to read all that? Here is the shortcut. :) 

Just do a trade each day, post your trades somewhere with the magic words. Day number XX of #20WeeksOfTrading Challenge. 

Done!

Disclaimer:

1. If you don’t join, you are not a chicken.

2. I don’t mean to offend anyone.

So, you are up for it? Or you wanna chicken out?

• Tripack, devhie, xTKSD and 12 others like this
Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#2 tuugii0313

tuugii0313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

lkfhZh6.png

• ZeusDCS likes this

Practice like you've never won.

Perform like you've never lost.

#3 venkatredy

venkatredy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationINDIA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

bang-head1.jpg

#4 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

meme_so_i_became_a_chicken.jpg

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#5 Rockweli

Rockweli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Locationsri lanka

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

chicken-mascot-with-thumb-up-vector-1356

"Can you smell what the Rock Weli is cooking"

#6 PaititiGold

PaititiGold

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

rNeGavn.gif

#7 ryan65

ryan65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJenniferTown

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

" NO! I am not a chicken, and I am offended by the word Chicken. You should be banned right now for offending my very self. (1 votes [25.00%])"

I already contacted Tripack to complain about u, Chicken Hater!
  • neddihrehat likes this
I'm a barbie girl! Wanna be my Ken ?!

#8 Ghost_

Ghost_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:02 AM

I am in too!!

#9 devhie

devhie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Locationindonesia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

from the past experience you also know that your next year’s plan will most probably fail because you are actually lazy. You know you just won’t improve if you don’t do anything. But you still go to fb, watch movies and make new goals for next year and still go to fb, watch movies....

Lol, it's true :D

I'm in for my motivation ..

#10 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:48 AM

Ok. I will enter my ea with London open DAX trade with straddle followed by hedging or trailing. Will set it up with help from friend next week on vps and let it run auto. 1 straddle trade a day then see how it goes.

#11 dwalther2

dwalther2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

I'm in

#12 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

i_am_ready.jpg

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#13 ZeusDCS

ZeusDCS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

Challenge? Sounds like heaven to me. I already do this daily. Although that no OTC rule will be a "testing" for me. 

Couple questions:

- Is that OTC rule a must? If I don't trade, but watch the OTC markets, is that against the rules? Should I not trade OTC at all during this period? If I trade it, will I only be hurting myself for this challenge? Is it just me or is there a stigma against OTCs? If yes, why? I may want to consider whether I should stop OTCs if there is something that may affect my quality of trading.

- By "Secret Sauces", do you mean Motivation? 

- Will I be able to post my trade(s) anywhere on the forum because of the "Day number XX of #20WeeksOfTrading Challenge. " tag? Or do we have to come back here to post daily? (I'm fairly new to the forum I don't know if tags link back to pages or what not).

This sounds like an excellent challenge, which I had planned on doing anyway (Not really a challenge for me). This would just be a little extra excitement, and I'm excited to see if other people progress.

P.S. It's funny how you pointed out the HH Style there. Here comes the inevitable influx of HH traders (Myself included). :P

#14 thi4gon

thi4gon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

keep-calm-and-accept-the-challenge-4.png

go!

HU3HU3HU3 BRtrading B)  :ph34r: !

World is full of critics, be a encourager!  :rolleyes:

#15 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

Challenge Accepted..

.. after thinking for 2 seconds

Sorry not accepted lol

There can be days which you just can't trade due to many things so good luck everyone .
  • swede and wags like this

"The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me rod while teaching."
- Jesse Livermore

My Youtube channel for trading videos -  https://www.youtube....user/mindpl4y3r

#16 uday

uday

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

lxegx4.jpg

The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary.” – Alexander Eldere62fa2059f4d4df0ac5c5a308adab76a.png

#17 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:02 AM

Challenge? Sounds like heaven to me. I already do this daily. Although that no OTC rule will be a "testing" for me. 

Couple questions:

- Is that OTC rule a must? If I don't trade, but watch the OTC markets, is that against the rules? Should I not trade OTC at all during this period? If I trade it, will I only be hurting myself for this challenge? Is it just me or is there a stigma against OTCs? If yes, why? I may want to consider whether I should stop OTCs if there is something that may affect my quality of trading.

- By "Secret Sauces", do you mean Motivation? 

- Will I be able to post my trade(s) anywhere on the forum because of the "Day number XX of #20WeeksOfTrading Challenge. " tag? Or do we have to come back here to post daily? (I'm fairly new to the forum I don't know if tags link back to pages or what not).

This sounds like an excellent challenge, which I had planned on doing anyway (Not really a challenge for me). This would just be a little extra excitement, and I'm excited to see if other people progress.

P.S. It's funny how you pointed out the HH Style there. Here comes the inevitable influx of HH traders (Myself included). :P

1. OTC data is only provided by IQ options right now, still remains highly volatile and most of the strategies are not going to be working on that space. ALSO, if you trade OTC, you are going to trade on skipdays according to this challenge. Why break a challenge formation? :) You are free to watch, but I advice you not to because your hands might be itchy to do a click or not :P ...

Challenge Accepted..

.. after thinking for 2 seconds

Sorry not accepted lol

There can be days which you just can't trade due to many things so good luck everyone .

Haha, that's what you gotta say in this year? You the 2 seconds give up monster :P ... 

#18 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

How about free for all free style survival the fittest .. :D

Do whatever you like and whatever you could, as long as you could honestly give the report of your trading conditions (by investor password) so at the end of contest Ned could easily print account detail statement of each contestants

I believe that we understand,  'reality' hurt.  forex is a game of 'strength' the term 'margin call' represent the 'strength' measurement, as long as you could provide enough margin for your account, you can survive.. is not about right or wrong that's why we use term 'win' or 'loss'.

and of course I'll join to enjoy the happiness..

MTH

• uday and hp699flva like this

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#19 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:43 AM

How about free for all free style survival the fittest .. :D

Do whatever you like and whatever you could, as long as you could honestly give the report of your trading conditions (by investor password) so at the end of contest Ned could easily print account detail statement of each contestants

I believe that we understand,  'reality' hurt.  forex is a game of 'strength' the term 'margin call' represent the 'strength' measurement, as long as you could provide enough margin for your account, you can survive.. is not about right or wrong that's why we use term 'win' or 'loss'.

and of course I'll join to enjoy the happiness..

MTH

Look at the previous contests, many said the rules were really strict. Now I made it this easy and you want it to be more easy? 

#20 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

Look at the previous contests, many said the rules were really strict. Now I made it this easy and you want it to be more easy? 

No..,   your contest your rules.. I'll follow..

Just try to find a way,  since basically I'm long term trader, mostly I hold my positions days sometime weeks..

but according your rule here;

It can be binary, spot forex (make sure you do trades that don’t get carried over to next day), futures, manual or EA.

meaning I should close it everyday and re-opening again next day or next week.

Suppose with my long term tech analysis  I projecting that GBP/USD will keep going south in the next 5 months(20 weeks / 100 trading days), and my account margin allow me to open 1 lot position according to my RR, then;

is there any logical reason base on common trading practice that I should open every day 1 lot sell GBP/USD meaning 100 repeated same direction positions for the whole 100 trading days, instead of only single 1 lot sell position since the beginning  for 5 months duration ?  while my risk of course obviously more higher by repeating very same trade direction every day and keep moving SL level lower, and also repeating my spread/commission  cost. 100 times instead only 1 time..

But no problem , the bottom line is , let's have fun..

and I love Chicks... :wub: :D

MTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.