Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please be respectful in the chat and watch your language & arguing. Read the forum rules.
@  traderpusa : (20 January 2017 - 02:51 AM) it is just the number of ticks in your candle, nothing to do with volume
@  traderpusa : (20 January 2017 - 02:51 AM) another volume thread. Why people don't get it there is no such thing as volume in mt4.
@  MIK : (20 January 2017 - 02:42 AM) :)
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 07:53 PM) google.com <-
@  dinosaurhd : (19 January 2017 - 07:32 PM) speech
@  dinosaurhd : (19 January 2017 - 07:32 PM) what time is the speach pls
@  calebfx : (19 January 2017 - 06:25 PM) @sunztu banks
@  sunztu : (19 January 2017 - 05:46 PM) so who is trading the speech tomorrow
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:21 PM) :lol:
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:21 PM) then they will call you
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:20 PM) click to call button if you think price will go up.
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:20 PM) Like i could somehow miss the huge green "deposit" button.
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:19 PM) :D
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:19 PM) It's definitely annoying tho. Every single call is the same. "Can we help you open your account,etc etc"
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 04:18 PM) random calling customers is stupid and brokers shouldnt do it
@  traderpusa : (19 January 2017 - 04:18 PM) When a broker calls you it means you are with the wrong broker lol unless you asked for it
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) Dunno, a dude from nadex called me today
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) @Ewa sometimes they need talk when you created account sometimes when you wan withdraw money
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) @Ewa serious brokers don't call peoples I think.
@  Matt-Dawg : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) Its not the best strats or the holy grail but with a lil pa knowledge I be good.

Photo

Trade or not to trade when you are totally devastated?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mr.march

mr.march

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:21 AM

Hi guys,

Today I feel like a total wreck. When yesterday I turned on the TV and saw the news about Carrie Fisher's death, I found myself as shocked as I have ever been for the last couple of months. No, my life is not that perfect that nothing bad ever happens to me, cause shit happens to me, you know, but somehow it does not touch me much.

This is why it is so unusual to me that a single death of the woman that I have never really known can shake me so much. I was doing to keep trading yesterday and today, but somehow it seems impossible still. A lot of my pals say that they share that feeling, cause I guess she was the very first crush for every boy of my age.

I don't do therapy, so here I am, among other traders, who have dealt with different situations in their lifes and I want to ask, what do you do when you don't feel like trading suddenly? Should I push myself and convince that it will come back once I started? Or maybe it is better to wait and get over it, cause I can lose in an eye blink and do not give a damn about it?

Thanks

Attached Files

• traderpusa, homero15, -el- and 1 other like this

#2 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:32 AM

Sorry you feel bad. This year has been really crazy.

My advice is...don't trade. Give yourself some time for those feelings to settle.

• homero15, hp699flva and janisroze like this

#3 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

That is a very honest post and congrats for that.  I would say wait a bit until you are in a better mental position, or use a demo account.  Because you will blame all your losses on your mental state.  Stay away from live trading for the moment would be my recommendation. 

• Tripack and homero15 like this

#4 dasa

dasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

Trading is business, non-emotional in general so if I was you I would not let anything to affect it. It is good to have a break once in a while.

“There is no point in being confident and having a small position.”

George Soros

#5 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

Take a day or two off, do something nice for yourself. Trading is work, many people don't go to work when they are mourning, if they can avoid it.

#6 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

Trade from next year. Enjoy the new years eve a bit. Thats my suggestion.

Why do you trade anyways? So that you can enjoy life. So take this as the enjoyment part.

Walking in Zen. Sitting in Zen. Trading in Zen.

#7 mr.march

mr.march

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Guys, I am back on the trading path. Thank you for your advice! It really helped me so much!

#8 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Keep your trading on solid rails, wish you the best :)

In order to become successful, first stop doing what unsuccessful people do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.