Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  roopem : (08 July 2020 - 02:16 AM) Does anyone know why the renko builder from MTH2014 doesn't work?
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 09:04 AM) trading has made me fat anyway TP ha ha
@  traderpusa : (02 July 2020 - 06:52 AM) @kalc, getting more fat every day under quarantine lol
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:01 AM) and by the way if that guy trys to sell you stuff dont buy it, he's just ripped off some indi's over at forex-station lol its all freely available
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 AM) lol hey TP hows it going young man
@  traderpusa : (01 July 2020 - 01:53 PM) So is the market lol
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) yall are savage :D
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) haha
@  Sambo : (29 June 2020 - 05:04 PM) If there's one thing i've learned, it's that the most profitable traders are the least boastful.
@  happyjas : (27 June 2020 - 09:50 PM) We understand what took place, you won a lot of money and bought a new "BMW M4 cake", you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and sounded like this: "My name is my name, if you ask me again I'll tell you the same, I won a lot of money, and already shove it on my candy back-end, but there's one problem, everyone knows already that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK."
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:43 PM) the R8 Audi thing -_-
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:42 PM) :unsure: 'Can't afford the BM thing, 'just got the 2018 Audi 2016 :(
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:41 PM) :unsure: 'Ca
@  Dyabolus : (26 June 2020 - 03:45 AM) so were u verified by David at last? how about that 'pic'
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 04:48 PM) sure post a pic
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:17 PM) sorry im bragging again, i sincerly apologize. Just wanted to share with you :(
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) By the way do you wanna see my new BMW M4?
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) where do you read that closure stuff?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:45 AM) thanks anyways MAster David, a million times :)
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:41 AM) *closure

Photo

Supply & Demand, S/R & NVC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thefistofkhan

thefistofkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

Been having some luck (?) with this. Ok, but not super-brilliant. But could do with additional ideas to be stronger on entry points and I can't find one. I've tried!

Have been entering 30m or as near to as possible when Supply and Demand levels are hit, there's Support and Resistance level reached (or near to) and the NVC is hitting 9/-9 max/min.

Very much work in progress. People may well have tried these before - I've seen these indis 100s of times. I might be late to the party.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Attached Files

• hp699flva likes this

#2 hp699flva

hp699flva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

This is a good idea - slow but steady. I also have been looking at a version of this . In addition to what you have described, I  have incorporated  RSI TMA for the trade.

#3 thefistofkhan

thefistofkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

This is a good idea - slow but steady. I also have been looking at a version of this . In addition to what you have described, I  have incorporated  RSI TMA for the trade.

Do you know what - I'd completely avoided RSI TMA (probably had too much of it in the main thread) - but I'll have a look :-)

#4 thefistofkhan

thefistofkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

Something like this I guess - slow and steady for sure (very)...

NVC alert at +9/-9 and upwards. RSITMA at 5/1.3. Supply and demand doing its default thing. For me, I guess the NVC would be the principal trigger so alert off on the RSITMA.

Does this now also belong on the bloody RSITMA thread (sigh...)

:-)

NB: Worth noting only one set-up meets all conditions in the print - NVC +9/-9, Sup and Dem level hit or near, S/R hit or near and Band Touch.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Attached Files

#5 Barnabee

Barnabee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Something like this I guess - slow and steady for sure (very)...

NVC alert at +9/-9 and upwards. RSITMA at 5/1.3. Supply and demand doing its default thing. For me, I guess the NVC would be the principal trigger so alert off on the RSITMA.

Does this now also belong on the bloody RSITMA thread (sigh...)

:-)

NB: Worth noting only one set-up meets all conditions in the print - NVC +9/-9, Sup and Dem level hit or near, S/R hit or near and Band Touch.

Those are entries where it effectively reversed, in a quick backtest you can see the same setups waterfall and it does happen often, the problem like in an reversal strategy is to how to avoid waterfalls

#6 thefistofkhan

thefistofkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

Those are entries where it effectively reversed, in a quick backtest you can see the same setups waterfall and it does happen often, the problem like in an reversal strategy is to how to avoid waterfalls

Indeed. I think the NVC is quite solid - we know RSITMA and its strengths/weaknesses. I never panic with waterfalls. I know they're going to happen. The Supply and Demand helps here.

But - it ain't perfect, though what is?

#7 Barnabee

Barnabee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

Indeed. I think the NVC is quite solid - we know RSITMA and its strengths/weaknesses. I never panic with waterfalls. I know they're going to happen. The Supply and Demand helps here.

But - it ain't perfect, though what is?

Theres no reason to panic as we know it happens often, the issue is if a strategy with a flaw that occurs frequently and is unavoidable for nearly all of us can be profitable

#8 thefistofkhan

thefistofkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Theres no reason to panic as we know it happens often, the issue is if a strategy with a flaw that occurs frequently and is unavoidable for nearly all of us can be profitable

If only there was an arrow that could tell us everything ;)

#9 merka

merka

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

Interesting idea.

#10 Lootanery

Lootanery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationIn thailand for some while :)

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:41 AM

Been having some luck (?) with this. Ok, but not super-brilliant. But could do with additional ideas to be stronger on entry points and I can't find one. I've tried!

Have been entering 30m or as near to as possible when Supply and Demand levels are hit, there's Support and Resistance level reached (or near to) and the NVC is hitting 9/-9 max/min.

Very much work in progress. People may well have tried these before - I've seen these indis 100s of times. I might be late to the party.

The idea is pretty solid - The issue of the S/R and Sup/Dem indicator is only, that it doesnt draw the zones pretty accurate. As well it gives better results trading FX instead BOs.

Your best filter in this case is your PA knowledge - Focusing on how many times prices passed this level, how many time tested the level before it reacted and how does it reacted to this zone. 

There are several "Pattern" how price can leave such a Sup/Dem level, what tells you a story about the interest.

The best what u can do is force timeframes of a higher peroid like, Force H4 and take trades in M15 or Daily and take trades within M30 to H1 

Of course it takes time, but then it will be rewarding. It might even take a week to get a trade in one pair, but then gives you potentially a 100 pips in average. Since you got more than one pair, you would be able to take around 10 trades a month with a moderate rewarding ratio - Then Depending on your capital and MM you would generating a solid income.

There wont be indicators making this strategy better, since indicators are only price itself, displayed in a different way. 

Study the price or an indicator is pretty much the same - but study only price requires less tools and causes less confusion on ur charts.

Just guess if your indicators wont work anymore because of new MT4 builds and u not got the mql file or u are even not able to reproduce it on a different platform? 

Price itself will always be there, doesnt matter what platform or broker u are using.

Practice, practice and practice price is the best advice u probably get

greetz

• nerka, Chosen3000, tuugii0313 and 1 other like this

#11 tuugii0313

tuugii0313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

There wont be indicators making this strategy better, since indicators are only price itself, displayed in a different way. 

Study the price or an indicator is pretty much the same - but study only price requires less tools and causes less confusion on ur charts.

8DRbYPE.png

Practice like you've never won.

Perform like you've never lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.