Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  manfloy : (22 August 2017 - 04:02 AM) try to catch few movement , already got 2 stops out
@  manfloy : (22 August 2017 - 04:01 AM) market is surfing as hell...
@  manfloy : (22 August 2017 - 04:01 AM) https://gyazo.com/d7...2cfa300d44c6650
@  manfloy : (22 August 2017 - 03:58 AM) afternoon to all crowd,
@  manfloy : (22 August 2017 - 03:58 AM) https://gyazo.com/bf...792b63faacf84aa
@  Tripack : (22 August 2017 - 03:42 AM) Morning
@  Zed : (22 August 2017 - 02:17 AM) Morning
@  hatırlaa : (22 August 2017 - 01:05 AM) good morning guys
@  jtcmax : (21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM) pz Reversal
@  zeeshan ali : (21 August 2017 - 04:44 PM) I need to create a post
@  zeeshan ali : (21 August 2017 - 04:44 PM) no bro
@  Singh : (21 August 2017 - 04:42 PM) literally - lol
@  Singh : (21 August 2017 - 04:41 PM) @zeeshan ali type post
@  zeeshan ali : (21 August 2017 - 04:40 PM) How to post post?
@  Singh : (21 August 2017 - 02:13 PM) Ciao T
@  Singh : (21 August 2017 - 02:13 PM) Back
@  Tripack : (21 August 2017 - 02:01 PM) tc all
@  Tripack : (21 August 2017 - 02:00 PM) gotta go, hope to see you on chat again one of these days
@  Tripack : (21 August 2017 - 02:00 PM) mainly I look at h1 as a ref and look for confirmations on bias on higher thend look at smaller for actual entry
@  holyfire : (21 August 2017 - 01:59 PM) ah ok..thats laid back

Photo

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy Reversal?

reversal live trading discipline

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 PaititiGold

PaititiGold

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

Can all those who don't trade reversals, avoiding them like the plague, post examples of your trend trades so that others can understand clearly in a chart what you mean by trading trends. TQ

Btw this is the most important topic in any trading and if anyone has mastered this you will be on top of the game.

Conversely, learn it the wrong way then real success will continue to elude you.

Get it wrong, yet you believe you are correct mostly due to your current "success", your beliefs will be entrenched and real progress to the top of the game is not possible. You are worst off than the guy who got it wrong and experience no "success".   :)

The larger this current "success" the deeper the belief the larger the barrier will be. It works in funny ways.   :o

The speculator is either buying into an asset when it is gaining value or losing value, or selling into an asset when it is gaining value or losing value. You do nothing when the asset is doing nothing. Whether it's in a state of gaining value or losing value, the most important thing to focus on is to protect your money at hand. You enter into a speculative trade when you somehow know that the potential to lose your money is at the minimum. Your decision does not concern about the value of the asset itself.

tQtMQRM.png

#22 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

Good point mt4coder,

do you think market conditions influence payout rates? Lower payouts are given to more predictable (trending/ranging) pairs?

I think it is sometimes so. On my broker EU has had an awfully low payout for the last couple of weeks, and it has been trending down steadily, with some very easy ITMs. I mean, after it starting the rally down from the 1.11000 level, just making a put with daily expiry every day would have given you an ITM for 12 days in a row. All those days, payout was very low, at least on my broker. For the last 17 days, that would have been 14 ITMs and 3 OTMS on the daily chart. Low payout, but easy money.

• lorecavoli, hajikiri and mt4coder like this

#23 dodi

dodi

BANNED: Using several usernames

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

Hello

Firstly it is an excellent idea and i agree with hajkiri.

Secondly, I hope you will understand my english.

Okay, let's think a bit. In my opinion there are 3 ways of trend following strategy.

1:Broken support and resistance, in an uptrend resistance became support, in a downtrend support became resistance, wait for the retrace and go the correct direction with the trend.

2:Trading with trendline, wait for candles touch the TL and look their forms, or wait confirmation candle

3.Dynamic support and resistance (Moving avarage) :Wait for the candles touch the moving avarage and go with the trend the correct direction, wait a confirmation candle or look their forms.

All of them it requires lot of practice!

I think lot of people trading with trendline is too hard (me too) you can draw correctly and you have patience and if broken the TL while you wait for example 20 minutes to touch? At this point lot of people impatient and make a trade. We know the market trending only 30%. What is the solution? In mt4 there are at least 20-25 currencies,  maybe you have to look for a nice trending currency?

I think these are the opportunities to trade with trend ( trend following strategy) for example david rainbow strategy but as i said it only work 10% of the day.

This was my opinions. Hajikiri and the other trend following traders what is the solution?

• hajikiri likes this

#24 PaititiGold

PaititiGold

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

For those who are against the use of tools(indicators), what if there exist in this trading world a mt4 tool that's somewhat like the footprint chart that you use to trade bins with ?

https://gyazo.com/28...d24845c89ad6cb4

https://gyazo.com/31...c110d3faa97c023

https://gyazo.com/e4...556a15c9f4b17e6

https://gyazo.com/db...bd43630134a9e27

https://gyazo.com/15...4c0e01f2d9bdc56

https://gyazo.com/70...e990b5520960bbb

https://gyazo.com/e8...40672fc6c97d3a8

For those who loves to trade reversals at bollinger bands, can such a tool help you pick the correct candle ?

https://gyazo.com/30...75f6329d03e8790

https://gyazo.com/2a...baeca7b333e6082

That's what real knowledge can do. I am showing you the possibility when you gain proper science based knowledge and not based on your beliefs or superstition. So think again.

Btw I photoshopped those images. Such footprint chart does not exist on mt4.  :P

• lorecavoli and wags like this

#25 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

AS you told we can find a nice trending one.  we have always trend even in the ranging days. it is obviously shorter trend but still exists.

in order to catch that period adx 14 is pretty helpful for me.

the other solution is Cross pairs. according to my experience cross pairs has trending days when the majors experience ranging. EUR/GBP, EUR/AUD, GBP/JPY and so on

What seems too high & risky to most generally goes higher. What seems low & cheap generally goes lower.” William O'Neil

#26 dodi

dodi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

Anyway what do you think if the asset is trending you can catch good reversal trades with swings(in an uptrend a down swing etc...vica versa) just look the candle exhaustion and patterns.

#27 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

Anyway what do you think if the asset is trending you can catch good reversal trades with swings(in an uptrend a down swing etc...vica versa) just look the candle exhaustion and patterns.

anyway trend followers use concept of reversal but in another way. they wait for the pull back, and it simply means reversal inside the trend. but it is always happens with confirmation and it is pretty safe. when we are talking about reversal mainly address to going against the trend.

• dodi likes this

What seems too high & risky to most generally goes higher. What seems low & cheap generally goes lower.” William O'Neil

#28 fickerpika1

fickerpika1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hajikiri if you are make hard money with trend following strategy write us some tips and show us some strategy what do you use. If you trade with trend you must use trend line or moving avarage or swings. The big question: How do you use it properly?

#29 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hajikiri if you are make hard money with trend following strategy write us some tips and show us some strategy what do you use. If you trade with trend you must use trend line or moving avarage or swings. The big question: How do you use it properly?

I don't really use nothing more than PA.

Hand drawn trend lines, support and resistances and Ema 35 and 50 to know the overall and strength of the trend.

I have always have Pivot and RN on my chart and add adx 14 again to see how is the quality of the trend.

You can use stochastic 5,3,3 or 14,3,3 to get Hidden divergence confirmation.

But my reference point for taking a trade are always S/R or trend line. candle patterns, MA or stochastic just used for confirmation.

there is no secret to be revealed or tricks to be articulated. 

Should i open a topic and discuss price action? I think there are tones of materials on the net about it. so you can easily google it.

OK. I will reveal a secret that everybody knows but neglect it. Patience.

If the price break a level, it may take 3 hours to come back and retest and many doesn't want to wait that much. I don't know how to help you to improve this skill but let me motivate you like this.

If you make just 2 ITMs per day with 10 percent of your deposit you can make it 22 times bigger in a month. and if you take 3 ITM it will be 90 times bigger.

I have done this experience as part of my self discipline improvement and made the snowballing with initial 10 euro. i took 4 ITM first day. 3 for the second day and 4 on the last day. 11 in total. the result was 10267. 

Think about it and see whether it is worth for you to wait or not.

• zozon, Mityu29, nerka and 3 others like this

#30 fickerpika1

fickerpika1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

I really appreciate it thank you!

I wonder only one thing. How do you us the EMA. I think ema is one of the best trading method in trending market. I looking for a good ema strategy with the trend long time ago. Do you use when candle touch emas, but what type of emas do you use in short term? I think 35 and 50 works to identify the overall trend not the trade in 1m TF with 2-5m expiry. Okey the first thing identify the market conition what you say highs,lows,ranging,choppy, So when we are in a trending market and i want to use the emas, How can I use it short tf?

#31 Mityu29

Mityu29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

I wonder only one thing. How do you us the EMA. I think ema is one of the best trading method in trending market. I looking for a good ema strategy with the trend long time ago. Do you use when candle touch emas, but what type of emas do you use in short term? I think 35 and 50 works to identify the overall trend not the trade in 1m TF with 2-5m expiry. Okey the first thing identify the market conition what you say highs,lows,ranging,choppy, So when we are in a trending market and i want to use the emas, How can I use it short tf?

What is @hajikiri talks about it works on any Tf (no mistiqe things, If it works on 5min Tf than not works on 1 min Tf)! In a general area there are some good books to read, or read some 60 second trade topic or 5 min sections, here in BOE, nobody can give a knowledge or they can, but you have to learn the lessons.

• hajikiri likes this

#32 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

I really don't use them. they are just indicators. means they indicate the price movement in last 35 or 50 candles. that's all.

Here is the nice topic very similar to my trading style.

Mine is much simpler and without all those indicators but the idea is same. using the pull backs and ride on the trend.

You may find it confusing but you'll learn a lot.

Unfortunately nobody can articulate the feeling and experiences. This is the skill that you'll gain with watching and trading. The people that live in tropical area like Malaysia, smell the air and tell you it'll  be rain in next hour and it will really happen. but they can't write some set of rules helping you to predict the rain. but when you live for a while there, then you will start to feel it as well and you'll be able to predict :)

tools and indicators are just like  glasses to improve your sight but they can't help you if you are blind.

Sorry you means general and i didn't mean you personally. :)

• Mityu29, lorecavoli and mt4coder like this

#33 mt4coder

mt4coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationArm Chair

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

Just looked into the thread that you have referred to as using a similar style to yours. One thing caught my eye on what the author there (BillyKay) says;

"First and foremost:

Check markets condition..........find a pair that is acting sensibly...that has decent moves.......you must be able to SEE what the market is doing.

Avoid choppiness, too many wicks.

You want slow and steady......movements with direction

Some days the markets are shoddy and WILL take your hard-earned money.

Trying to trade a shiity pair is like driving a car with no brakes, sooner or later somebody gonna get ahurt real bad.

The markets have to CALL you

"

This is why I stated that choosing the right pair will define whether you will be profitable for the day or not.

• hp699flva, Mityu29, hajikiri and 1 other like this

#34 fickerpika1

fickerpika1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

I really don't use them. they are just indicators. means they indicate the price movement in last 35 or 50 candles. that's all.

Mine is much simpler and without all those indicators but the idea is same. using the pull backs and ride on the trend.

Unfortunately nobody can articulate the feeling and experiences. This is the skill that you'll gain with watching and trading. The people that live in tropical area like Malaysia, smell the air and tell you it'll  be rain in next hour and it will really happen. but they can't write some set of rules helping you to predict the rain. but when you live for a while there, then you will start to feel it as well and you'll be able to predict :)

tools and indicators are just like  glasses to improve your sight but they can't help you if you are blind.

"It is as perfect as it was from the first day. which kind of improvement do you assume for this?

yes I am using it everyday and I think it is one of the simplest and greatest strategy in BO. Just  try to study the market, Know some PA and follow the rules.

simply it gives you consistent 70 percent win rate. check it on demo and get comfortable with it."

Post#44  Topic:Rainbow strategy   Post by :Hajkiri  24.09.2016

It is as perfect as it was from the first day. which kind of improvement do you assume for this?

yes I am using it everyday and I think it is one of the simplest and greatest strategy in BO. Just  try to study the market, Know some PA and follow the rules.

simply it gives you consistent 70 percent win rate. check it on demo and get comfortable with it.

It is as perfect as it was from the first day. which kind of improvement do you assume for this?

simply it gives you consistent 70 percent win rate. check it on demo and get comfortable with it.

• hajikiri likes this

#35 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Nothing really to improve it. It is perfect as it was :)

Just you should feel the market and see whether the strategy would work or not.

Don't get mad at me please but really you need to reach it by screen time.

#36 BOedge

BOedge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

There is a lot of info on PA... It's all in bits and pieces. What's missing though is someone explaining it as it happens, to demonstrate how it all works together and more importantly how it comes together in a trade. It's one thing to look at a chart after the fact and it seems so obvious. It's another to watch it unfold. Yet another not to get it until it's already happened, and is too late. :) People have been asking for this very thing on this board and the answer is always the same, that it can't be explained, people have to spend the time. Well, people learn differently. Visual people for example really need to see it. People coming on message boards like this tend to be very visual people... And so far, nobody has tried. Explaining. For example, a series of screen shots with comments as things unfold. What are we looking at, what to look for, what is working, what is not, why enter, how does it play out... what are you seeing that I am not seeing.

A topic like that with the successful PA traders give their insights would be absolutely awesome!!

• BrianC and hajikiri like this

#37 fickerpika1

fickerpika1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Okey just don't write that not use them if you use them. :) 
sorry the off
This is a great topic and i think everybody have to trade with the trend at the 70%
Nial fullar said: The best trade=Trend+Confluence level+PA signal

Good luck for everyone

• hajikiri likes this

#38 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

There is a lot of info on PA... It's all in bits and pieces. What's missing though is someone explaining it as it happens, to demonstrate how it all works together and more importantly how it comes together in a trade. It's one thing to look at a chart after the fact and it seems so obvious. It's another to watch it unfold. Yet another not to get it until it's already happened, and is too late. :) People have been asking for this very thing on this board and the answer is always the same, that it can't be explained, people have to spend the time. Well, people learn differently. Visual people for example really need to see it. People coming on message boards like this tend to be very visual people... And so far, nobody has tried. Explaining. For example, a series of screen shots with comments as things unfold. What are we looking at, what to look for, what is working, what is not, why enter, how does it play out... what are you seeing that I am not seeing.

A topic like that with the successful PA traders give their insights would be absolutely awesome!!

You are absolutely right but this topic is not meant to teach anything about price action. It lead to here but it supposed to be a place to discuss about reversals and our experiences.

I don't find myself in a position to open a topic and speak about PA but there are some that can be used.

Take a look here and here.

hope it helps

• BOedge likes this

#39 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

Watching a trained PA trader would be a very good inspiration and learning source, but that said, I think many newbies could think that if they watch a trained trader a couple of times they will learn the "trick". The truth is that there really are no shortcuts. Knowing the theory is important, then screentime is necessary. Screentime, hours, days, months, even years of screentime. Some might need only weeks or months, other will need years, but you will not learn if you wont/can't invest enough screentime.

• hajikiri and BOedge like this

#40 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

So, while we have been having this discussion, I have been trying even harder to focus on continuation rather than reversal, and I have to say that trading seems a bit more "effortless" this way. Don't get me wrong, I'm very concentratet and it is making me paying even more attention to price action than ever, but the ITM's just roll in easier than when fighting with reversals. 75% ITM yester day and 80% today (4/5) I just took this trade on GU and it is a good example.

If you look at the bigger scale, GU is trending down, but it hit support during Asia and starting going up, so as it was going up this morning, I was kind of looking for exhaustion and waiting for confirmation to take a put. I pay a lot attention to Ichimoku, and after all, the sentiment was bearish all the way from TF 15 to H4.

On the other hand, it had broken the kumo cloud on TF M5, so I was open to a call as well. After breaking a trend line over the cloud, it did look like it was starting go get exhausted, with a series of bullish candles getting smaller as it approached the trend line, and then came this indecision candle just as it broke my trend line. But, big but, I watched this weak bearish indecision candle very closely as it formed, for the whole 5 minutes, though volume was decreasing, there was clearly a fight between bears and bulls, and even though it looked like it tried hard to reverse and go down, it just couldn't break down under the previous resistance it had broken and the trend line, so I thought, the MF'er is going to continue, no matter how high you think it is. Went for a call and got a deep ITM. (Yes, the kumo cloud breakout and the shape of Tenkan/Kijoun/Chinkou did support me in this decision).

Bottom line, though it can be difficult, I need to be open to what is actually happening on the market, and not letting my brain trick me into reversals before they are actually confirmed. That also opens a lot of opportunities to get on free rides with the trend, being short term or long term trends. Price can only do one of two things, reverse or continue.

LmHoi4N.png

PD: Price did start to retrace a few candle after this trade.

• hajikiri likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reversal, live trading, discipline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.