Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Cookiebrawler : (17 September 2019 - 04:27 PM) MegaMoney 90%
@  aasir : (16 September 2019 - 10:25 PM) Binary Triumph
@  traderpusa : (10 September 2019 - 01:35 AM) that was my bmw lol. E60.
@  Monoaldo : (10 September 2019 - 01:34 AM) E60
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:12 AM) well said.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:07 AM) at least for the moment, china will hold back because of economic conditions. My guess is they want to involve PLA but simply are not in a position to do so for the moment.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:05 AM) well, regardless of any agreement between uk and europe, there is still nato is trump doesn't blow it up lol
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) I am really worried about HK if the PLA phase in this can interrupt the entire chain between FX liquidity and current import / export countries. I understand that we have a bunch of corporations exposed to China, now believe that 99 percent of them are stable in HK because they have a high law. If the PLA gets in, they'll substitute this economic centre with a singapore.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 11:04 AM) Yeah, they're really a very significant player. I am informed that there is also a lot more than economic, for instance there are a number of military agreements agreed between the GB and the EU, which is serious.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:02 AM) the UK being part of the EU GDP figures, but not part of the Euro only makes things a bit complicated on how to interpret numbers for trading purposes.
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 11:00 AM) of course one needs to focus on US being the biggest economy but UK is still up there. https://gyazo.com/42...39df1c7c58d9221
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) I'm focused on the US, so I don't spend so much on the GB, I'm supposed to study it well since 2015, but something has altered worldwide, literally, it's an enormous step in the world's liquidity and global system, modifications are nice, but they're really colorful.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:56 AM) thanks good reading
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:53 AM) As to China, read this over the weekend : https://apnews.com/6...f75f013bf54e6a9
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:51 AM) Spectacular indeed lol, this is huge to be honest
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM) it's gonna be interesting. MP's are leaving the sinking ship and now also Bercow has resigned. Gonna miss this guy lol
@  traderpusa : (09 September 2019 - 10:46 AM) https://gyazo.com/58...16d785753060ff0
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:44 AM) I am very concerned about GBP, I have decided to leave until the government is making some definite deals on the Brexit. I'm not a supporter of uncertainty.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:42 AM) US It is expected to rebound until new years, because the season is coming and everyone is ready for new year revenues.
@  manfloy : (09 September 2019 - 10:41 AM) China is underwater now, and I can't even define how starving they are for dollars. Their imports fell significantly last quarter. They're trying to stimulate again, but I don't think it should work out, more than: we're back to the 2014/2015 situation. The issue with the Chinese central bank cutting off the supply of cash, the issue that they are not diversified around the world.

Photo

How I trade Spot Forex

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:28 AM

POPULAR

Since my HGI Binary thread I have been inundated with messages how I trade on the Forex market,

Bins have always been a bit of fun for me and I've never really taken it seriously, my bread and butter lies with Spot Forex and most recently my EA, but today I will share with you my method of trading the Forex market.

I have used this strategy for some years now with constant success.

I want to make clear first of all that this is NOT a get rich quick guide and will not turn you in to a millionaire over night but what it will do is give you a well tested, well proven, solid trading strategy which if followed religiously will make you a profit over the long term

Here I present you the HGI Spot Forex trading strategy, which works!

First off, you need to download and study the PDF document I have attached to this post, from page 17, it will tell you how to use HGI and what the arrows and lines mean, please do not ask me, it's already written for you and if you're serious about being successful you will take the time to read and learn.

I trade the 4 hour time frame, on all pairs for maximum signals.

I use Ichimoku to see what's going on, this isn't a requirement to use this system, it's just something I personally like to use.

tDUn5nm.png

There is a screenshot of one of my trade windows, in a nut shell you create a SELL order when a red arrow forms and a BUY order when a green arrow forms, I always create the order on the open of the new candle after the arrow has formed.

I'm not going to explain what all the arrows or squiggly lines mean, it's all within the PDF document I have attached, read and learn from page 17.

PS: Add the HGI indicator to your main indicators folder and the HolbroomForex.tpl file to your template folder.

Good luck to all and happy trading.

Attached Files

• Tripack, skyler, teodomiro and 9 others like this

#2 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Verified Strategist
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

http://www.stevehopw...0954901211b29bb

#3 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:38 AM

Thanks, but the web link and all relevant information is within the PDF

#4 JackTrade

JackTrade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Holbroom, Looks interesting.

• Holbroom likes this

#5 wags

wags

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi Holbroom

could you give us a heads up on what kind of stop loss, trailing stop and take profit you use if you use any of these or do you soley go by the hgi enter and exit rules

also what kind of pip average are you achieving daily or weekly

cheers wags and thx for putting the strat up

Here is the MTF tools for charts below

Attached File  ACP Multi Pair.mq4   2.17KB   399 downloads
Attached File  ACP Arrow Change Pair.mq4   26.49KB   433 downloads

Please goto Lazy Larry post http://www.binaryopt...hread/?p=144478for a guide :)

#6 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

Hello Wags

I don't use stop loss with this strategy, I use the blue and yellow wavy lines to exit my trades

Pip average can vary depending on how many pairs I have trades on, sometimes I'll only have a trade on 2-3, sometimes more.

But as long as you follow the rules, you cannot go wrong using this strategy, patience is the number one hurdle with this strategy as 4 hours per candle is a long time to wait, but once your signal has come you just ride it all the way to the bank.

• ken_le_franc, ozimkowski, wags and 1 other like this

#7 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

Hey Holbroom thx for the share. Do you know how this indicator is coded? I have read the pdf and it seems the wavy line are TMA but like exactly what condition on TMA signals it to give wavy lines etc.

It seems the indicator is pretty much protected and you have expiry dates.

Just wondering so as to know whether this can be recoded in tradingview which will eliminate the problem of the waves being drawn over each other.

#8 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:20 AM

Hey Holbroom thx for the share. Do you know how this indicator is coded? I have read the pdf and it seems the wavy line are TMA but like exactly what condition on TMA signals it to give wavy lines etc.

It seems the indicator is pretty much protected and you have expiry dates.

Just wondering so as to know whether this can be recoded in tradingview which will eliminate the problem of the waves being drawn over each other.

Hi, I don't know sorry, the best person to speak to is Nanningbob over at stevehopwoodforex as he's the creator of this indicator, there is a forum where you can freely ask questions without the fear of being banned, the reason for it's expiry is to stop abuse and people selling it, the indicator itself really is a work of art and in my opinion is as close to holy grail as you'll ever get.

#9 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. So in order to keep on using it you have to download the new version continuously? Where is the latest version posted if I may ask?

EDIT: Never mind I see its in those forums.

#10 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:54 AM

Here is a screenshot of a trade I currently have going on my LIVE account.

taAm8Ia.png

• Alfred, hp699flva, Chosen3000 and 4 others like this

#11 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:04 AM

Hello Wags

I don't use stop loss with this strategy, I use the blue and yellow wavy lines to exit my trades

Pip average can vary depending on how many pairs I have trades on, sometimes I'll only have a trade on 2-3, sometimes more.

But as long as you follow the rules, you cannot go wrong using this strategy, patience is the number one hurdle with this strategy as 4 hours per candle is a long time to wait, but once your signal has come you just ride it all the way to the bank.

I thought you don't use stop loss :/

#12 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

I only use stop loss to lock in profit when i expect a very volatile market, and as you know there is some big news announcements today, i expect the market to go tits up later.

HGI will not be able to predict this.

• Nickachino likes this

#13 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:41 AM

Here is a screenshot of a trade I currently have going on my LIVE account.

taAm8Ia.png

On which candle did you enter here? Can you mark it with a vertical line?

#14 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:56 AM

On which candle did you enter here? Can you mark it with a vertical line?

The blue line is where I entered my trade on the 1st, not on the arrow granted, but there was a change in trend.

#15 wags

wags

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hello Wags

I was using stoploss and trailing stop with it and it ruins the strategy, do you have an average sl when you lock in profits on h4 as i think im keeping it a bit tight and getting out of trades to fast

cheers wags

Please goto Lazy Larry post http://www.binaryopt...hread/?p=144478for a guide :)

#16 Holbroom

Holbroom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

Hi wags, 

The trouble with stop loss is they often knock you out prematurely and then carry on their wayward journey, this is why i try to use them as little as possible, when i hear of big news like yesterday I place one to lock in the some profit and it's a good job i did because as i expected there was a huge bearish candle form on the news.

I always say, trade the way you feel most comfortable, I've given a winning strategy, it's up to people to decide their trading style, your trading style is personal to you and needs to suite your personality.

You may like to look at the multi-purpose trade manager for managing your open trades http://www.forexfact...ead.php?t=89371

• MasterBlaster, wags and Borgptr like this

#17 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

Hi Holbroom. What % of accurate you have trading this system? And how long you trading live account? Also some extra tips? :)

• wags likes this

#18 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

And I have also question what settings of HG indicators do you using? Becouse your template not load HG indicator - only clear candles + ichimoku cloud 

#19 happyjas

happyjas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDieppe, NB

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

And I have also question what settings of HG indicators do you using? Becouse your template not load HG indicator - only clear candles + ichimoku cloud 

master skyler, just add the indicator to your chart, that should do it.

B)  Best Regards.

"We look at price, levels and trend with fundamentals and that is it.  No monkey business." 

http://www.binaryopt...read/?p=142941 traderpusa

"you know I'm not interested in creating a thread and make 1000 pages out of it like some, it's just to share the basic idea" (28 June 2016 - 07:55 PM) - Tripack

"So its not like a strategy that has to be followed down to the T where everything has to meet in order to take a trade. Its more if you see a setup, check what else can confirm and help you in making your decision to take the trade." http://www.binaryopt...n-etc/?p=123198 - tradesmart

#20 wags

wags

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hi wags, 

The trouble with stop loss is they often knock you out prematurely and then carry on their wayward journey, this is why i try to use them as little as possible, when i hear of big news like yesterday I place one to lock in the some profit and it's a good job i did because as i expected there was a huge bearish candle form on the news.

I always say, trade the way you feel most comfortable, I've given a winning strategy, it's up to people to decide their trading style, your trading style is personal to you and needs to suite your personality.

You may like to look at the multi-purpose trade manager for managing your open trades http://www.forexfact...ead.php?t=89371

Ok mate thx ill check it out

yes i think once i have spent more time with hgi i will build more confidence to allow me to develope my own technique

just took a look at your blog post on the ea it looks interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.