Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Shahram : (22 November 2017 - 07:52 PM) binary option
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 05:33 PM) lol you don't believe me right ? I really see selena gomez in red orange like a crab : https://i.gyazo.com/...22e035ac7ca.jpg
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:17 PM) Rofl
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 05:16 PM) I see selena gomez..
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:16 PM) now ppl see crabs and stuff
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:15 PM) Then you have forms within forms etc, too much of a headache, when I was a kid I looked at clouds in the sky and I saw a cat while my buddy saw a dog :P
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:11 PM) if a form is not confirmed and fails it will start forming another one etc
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:10 PM) @zee harmonics do repaint by nature
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:04 PM) I guess it happens everywhere
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 05:03 PM) it happen in my country too... lol
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:02 PM) Nope, lol.
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 05:02 PM) @Tripack that my country ...lol
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 05:01 PM) Someone once told me in a completely different context than trading that in his country, if someone starts to make shoes and his business works well, the the whole village will make shoes too, instead of be creative and make something else
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 05:01 PM) maybe because of Thanksgiving.. ??
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 04:58 PM) Good question
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 04:57 PM) why people looking for Legends and not looking for profit ?
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 04:55 PM) Heh
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 04:53 PM) as far as I know his leg ends here... lol :P
@  MTH2014 : (22 November 2017 - 04:53 PM) @Tripack :D :wub:
@  Tripack : (22 November 2017 - 04:52 PM) Lol uncle

Photo

MTH2014 - MT4 object tools and my charting perspective discussion

MTH2014 MT4 Object Tools Charting Angles Parity Trend Market

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

PREPARING YOUR 1st GEOMETRICAL CHART (MT5 Platform) - Basic

For this purpose we will use Meta Trader 5 platform, instead of MT4, since MT5 give us more better charting environment.  I suggest you to search for GMT 0 server MT5 brokerages.

(I use JFD but look up to binary(dot)com server..lol)

I don't want to teach the very basic on how to prepare your MT5 trading platform, but at least you should understand how to positioning your 'command' icons  including the line studies icons, so your main chart window become as close as 'golden ratio' shape (1.618 width : 1 height)

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_21_47_49.png

btw this is only one of the way on how to prepare your geometrical chart..

Next step, for this example we use GBP/USD H1 chart.    and we will make our GU H1 chart 'fixed' in ratio by pressing F8 (to open property setting).

then set 'Scale points per bar' to 10 point

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_22_04_34.png

And before we continue further, maybe some of you still don't know how to duplicate objects (TL, rectangle, triangle, etc) with exact same size.

So, what you need to do is, activate your object that you want to duplicate, then hover your mouse cursor above your activated object until their data text pop up, then  press and hold [CTRL] key then double click the object. This will give you 2nd copy of the object.

Ok, now this is very subjective on how to use the object tools, in this example this is my way on how to use this object tools for my geometrical charting.

From the GU H1 fixed chart, we know that the last 'extreme' is low position (LL), and before that of course high position (HH) so we 'frame' this condition base on 'daily perspective'  so it will look like this

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_22_22_31.png

then we add downtrend Gann Fan like this

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_22_28_02.png

then we add opposite Gann Fan (uptrend) and then add horizontal lines on every 'main crosses' (45 and 315 degrees crosses).

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_22_39_55.png

at this point, you could 'see' that this horizontal lines.. covered the most 'turning point' locations inside this HH-LL 'frame'..

to be continue...

MTH

• makmak, shaileshm, Stanly and 4 others like this

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#22 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

From previous post,  we look this geometrical chart and measuring the high/low 'frame' from 'daily perspective' (put the object tools anchor from the beginning of the day of where the extremes show up) in this case Gann Fan object tool (uptrend and down trend). Bellow is example where we look from 'weekly perspective'. 

The 'main crosses' will be exactly same but the Gann Fan angles will be different but still pointing / marking in general how the waves moves..

And by widening the 'perspective' to cover wider history range, we could get more references to increase our validity/accuracy levels of this horizontal lines levels.

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_23_08_48.png

and if we zooming out, we could see that this 50% horizontal line (the cross between 45 degree and 315 degree gann fan lines)  that I mark with Aqua color could confirmed as 'Equilibrium' / 'fair value' for GBP/USD so price repeatedly back to this value area as current psychological 'normal' reference for GBP/USD.

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_13_at_23_11_40.png

MTH

• makmak, shaileshm, Stanly and 3 others like this

"Some are faster, some are slower, and some will never get it...lol" "You may be right but certainly not the only one...  So, remove that smug smile from your face" :P

"If you are too proud of yourself right now, sooner or later the reality will hit you" "with flock of penguins around me, I will always feel the warmth and happiness"

"if you don't want to ask when you learn, you will never be asked in the future and that means you become nobody"

#23 makmak

makmak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:15 PM

Great stuff brother, thanks for this tutorial..

• MTH2014 likes this

#24 Xiena

Xiena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Uncle, I'm automatically signed up for this master class. No excuses for me.

May all be well for you always.

#25 TraderTM

TraderTM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSiberia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

hi all. add a little bit about the angles of your experience. to build, I just prefer to make angles in the MT tools, Fibonacci fan. It remains stable even if you change the scale. in the screenshot the building of the corners of the extremum, with a pre-calculated step. how to set the fan I'll post below. You can see on the chart the price will bounce off the corners with the right build. But then you need to understand that the gun used several types of corners and each corner had a role to play. possible later I will show another view of the other angles.

Best regard TM.

2017_11_15_18_15_02.png

2017_11_15_18_15_19.png

2017_11_15_18_12_19.png

2017_11_15_18_12_33.png

2017_11_15_18_12_42.png

• makmak likes this

#26 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Using Gann Grid as 45/316 degrees diagonal trail..

This example using MT5, EUR/USD M15 with 10 point per bar fix chart.

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_20_59_05.png

I use my simple grid fx indi for plot horizontal lines with anchor from EU last HH yesterday at 1.18601 with setting as follow;

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_20_53_40.png

Attached File  ! MTH2014 b1643+ SimpleGrid FX Indi.ex5   83.81KB   7 downloads

Then, we add Gann Grid Object tool with setting like this;

Downtrend GG, result point place at last HH at 1.18601 while source point at 1.18661 (1.18601 +60 points).  because this GG use 3 bars size grid with 20 point/bar = 3 x 20 point = 60 points (same with sub level step range from simple grid indi setting)

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_21_09_07.png

one step zooming in ..

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_21_14_17.png

Could you trade it ?

MTH

• makmak, jesusrcc and HAWK like this

#27 makmak

makmak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Great stuff brothers, i enjoy the lessons B)

#28 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

And.. this one is example on how to apply GannGrid for MT4 chart  (from my point of view.. as usual..lol)

We still using EUR/USD M15 with last HH as 'anchor' point...  but since we use different MT4 brokerage with different spread and liquidity provider..  my EUR/USD chart last HH (yesterday) stated 1.18607 instead of 1.18601

First we set our EUR/USD M15 chart like this (press F8 to go to properties setting)

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_21_43_44.png

NOTES:

problem with MT4 we must set 'fixed' zoom size,  in this example I use 3 click zoom in, from max zoom out.  (press - key/button until grey, then press + key/button 3 times)

then we apply my latest sweetspot indi (to create horizontal lines)

Attached File  ! b1090+ MTH2014 SweetSpot 5 Digit Non JPY Indi.ex4   82.37KB   2 downloads

with setting like this

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_21_45_30.png

we use 40 points GG grid, with 4 bars GG size.so  we add Gann Grid object tool just like the MT5 version with setting like this

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_21_54_13.png

MTH

• makmak, jesusrcc and HAWK like this

#29 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Please forgive me, from previous post. EUR/USD M15 fixed chart property setting for MT4  is wrong, the correct one is like this;

MTH2014_SS_2017_11_16_at_22_36_49.png

MTH

• jesusrcc and HAWK like this

#30 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

HI MTH,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Many times I see that trendlines are not straight lines but more of a circle or ellipse (depending on the chart scaling of course). For example right now in UJ M1 TF.

K4HanLI.png

Does this kind of pattern also fits in Gann analysis?

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#31 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

HI MTH,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Many times I see that trendlines are not straight lines but more of a circle or ellipse (depending on the chart scaling of course). For example right now in UJ M1 TF.

K4HanLI.png

Does this kind of pattern also fits in Gann analysis?

That is not 'trend lines' but 'curves'.   

actually when we draw  straight lines  'diagonally' base on some specific references for example from  HH (Higher High) to LH (Lower High) , in fact we draw some kind of 'average' line, where price could move higher or lower from that 'reference average line'.

another one, if we draw straight line 'horizontally' base on some specific price value, then actually we select this price as our 'reference' of fair value where price could also move higher or lower from that horizontal line then we could measuring further the distances from that 'fair value' and use this input data as our technical analysis.

in the other hand, 'curves' (parabolic ellipse or half cycle etc) mostly happen as visual information of 'gradual change of forces', and yes with 'fixed/one to one chart'  this 'curves/cycles' could measured and calculated with math as tradeable 'repeated patterns'.

like in this more detail geometrical charting example that use fibo arc object tools

76de7174f8907e208f5a5dab11c39567.png

in the above example, maybe you still don't 'see' where the curve patterns inside this 2 fibo arcs , but look when I add the 3rd fibo arcs 'the future' one..

2734d6221c78bf78e0af99cc4b7ce0e6.png

MTH

• Singh, makmak, shaileshm and 1 other like this

#32 shaileshm

shaileshm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

It's getting quite interesting for me. Also, I am not sure if it's possible to visualize this in mt4 , but from the example I shared above, I can visualize the circle as a 3D sphere/ball and the rainbow wrapping around the ball, the red part in example above is in front of the sphere and it becomes green as it goes behind. And eventually it leaves the sphere at other end of the diameter.And based on this pattern it helps me deciding on different points where I can get in the trade.

Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

#33 richterzoo

richterzoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

​Hi Everyone,

​There is not enough hours in the day, and I work a full time job. I will not be able to do research and setup MT5 until the weekend. I know Gann dealt with "rule of eight" in his writings. And I know Uncle has brought up using 8 in his adjustments of his indicators. I believe Uncle is right, most people want to just have an arrow telling them when to buy or sell. I like computers, and mathematics, and believe John von Neumann may have been the smartest man in the last century.  I love FOREX, but like a difficult woman, she is hard to deal with and keep happy.  I believe there is a perfect algorithm out there somewhere. Just had a half hearted attempt this morning at looking at future projections using geometry. Was using a zigzag indicator which I read the optimal setting is ext dept=13,deviation=8, backstage=5. 

​Jim

Attached Files

#34 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted Today, 03:26 AM

This is a good book in pdf about W.D. Gann technique so you could understand more about it

525edf4b8f428ad7f7eab1db379c6bdd.png

from my dropbox here

Enjoy

MTH

• traderpusa, Joakim_Von_Anka, makmak and 4 others like this

#35 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted Today, 03:42 AM

For you who like to learn more about naked trading without indicators

2c3977af17c7286b870f470ba0e03847.png

from my dropbox here

Enjoy

MTH

• Tripack, traderpusa, rider2025 and 4 others like this

#36 MTH2014

MTH2014

The Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted Today, 04:05 AM

And to understand in 'General' Market Structure and Participants.. so you could 'see' the bigger views..

9098af2c3b0923d750ebef10dfcd1651.jpg

from my dropbox here

Enjoy

MTH

• traderpusa, rider2025, Joakim_Von_Anka and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MTH2014, MT4, Object, Tools, Charting, Angles, Parity, Trend, Market

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.