Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  moon : (11 December 2017 - 09:07 PM) binary option
@  Deuyren : (11 December 2017 - 03:16 PM) Hey guys does anybody know where I can get a chart average range indicator?
@  STILIOS : (11 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) HAPPY BDAY MTH2014 !!!!!
@  STILIOS : (11 December 2017 - 01:52 PM) SORRY MY PC BURSNS OUT ! :unsure:
@  STILIOS : (11 December 2017 - 01:50 PM) [color=rgb(90,90,90)][font=helvetica][size=3][background=rgb(241,246,249)]Happy Bday MTH2014 [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(90,90,90)][font=helvetica][size=3][background=rgb(241,246,249)] wish you all the best BRO ....... :)[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(90,90,90)][font=helvetica][size=3][background=rgb(241,246,249)] [/background][/size][/font][/color]
@  chyldom : (11 December 2017 - 12:37 PM) Hello guys, is here anybody who is trading with Murrey math?
@  zeeshan ali : (11 December 2017 - 10:26 AM) happy birthday bro :) all the best
@  MTH2014 : (11 December 2017 - 07:07 AM) @xplus @calebfx @siraj Thank You Brothers, and wish you all the best too..
@  siraj : (11 December 2017 - 06:47 AM) Happy Birthday to Brother MTH and wishing you all the happiness
@  calebfx : (11 December 2017 - 05:18 AM) Happy Birthday Uncle MTH, missed you
@  xplus : (11 December 2017 - 04:17 AM) Uncle MTH2014 happy birthday to you sir.I wish you all the goodness of life Stay blessed.
@  MTH2014 : (11 December 2017 - 12:13 AM) @adefebsa Thank You Brother, really appreciate that and wish You all the best..
@  adefebsa : (10 December 2017 - 11:57 PM) Selamat ulang tahun bro @MTH2014 :)
@  MTH2014 : (10 December 2017 - 09:41 PM) @FreddyFX @traderpusa @Mowgli @Oskarix @ariefkusumo @shaileshm and All, Thank You Guys.. really appreciate :wub: and please forgive me for late response..
@  zeeshan ali : (10 December 2017 - 04:23 PM) @wrack10 be careful my friend
@  wrack10 : (10 December 2017 - 04:15 PM) Spacey what post?
@  Spacey : (10 December 2017 - 01:30 PM) Hey guys! Check my post. 1000% legit
@  Spacey : (10 December 2017 - 01:29 PM) @cookiebrawler
@  zeeshan ali : (10 December 2017 - 01:20 PM) ahah
@  LorenzoPP : (10 December 2017 - 01:04 PM) send me 3k and ill turn them in 223734276462389 in one day

Photo

Money Management Comfort

Money management.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

POPULAR

Hi mates,

Since i've received some messages about Money management related to one of my posts in another topic, therefore I answered to them all and my last response got quite long and I have found it suitable to post as an instruction here.

I have mentioned in a post that a good trader with 30 percent of winning rate would be more profitable rather than a bad trader with a 90 percent of winning rate. I got a message which asked me how it is possible and what would be a good MM.

I'm trading live for 1 year but assume myself as beginner yet nevertheless I'll share my response based on my personal experience here. some traders might find it useful.

Hi mate, 

It always depends on your deposit and size of stacks. I'll try to explain a bit.

suppose you have 80 percent of win rate which is very impressive. it means 8 win and 2 losses out of 10 trades. let's assume the payout of winning trade is 80 percent as well. you would win let's say 8 trade with size of 100 euro and lose 2 with size of 10. then good for you. simply you have made 8*80 - 2*10=620

but what if it is opposite? ( 8*8)- (2*100)= -134 which is unpleasant.

Now let's see 30 percent win rate: 3 winner with size of 100 and 7 loses with size of 10 then you will have (3*80)-(7*10)=170

opposite will be disaster of course.

So far we saw the 80 percent ITM might cause -134 losses while 30 percent ITM would generate +170.

but about Money management you have to adjust the best one based on your average win rate and the size of your deposit. let's assume your winning rate is 60 percent and your deposit is 100 euro. 

first of all in any situation I suggest you to keep the size of stack constant if at least until achieving your daily goal. so if you start with 10 euro then stick until achieving the goal.

Many people suggest the ratio of 5 or 10 percent of deposit for each trade but I don't believe it. You should trade the amount which you don't care that much about. I was student when I started trading. my initial investment was 200 euro but still 10 euro was money for me since i could live 2 days with it and i didn't have any other income. so I have started with just 2 euro which was a price of a coffee. I would be indifferent or I would stop drinking my morning coffee for a while.

So if you invest 100 then your max size of stack should be 5 and not more. if you want to take bigger trade then increase your deposit as well. It is based on psychological research of Kahneman-tvorsky loss thorium about loosing pains. 

OK. Due to your winning rate assumed as 60 percent you will make (6*4)-(4*5)=4 

if your strategy has 60 percent wining rate perhaps it would generate a lot signal so let's say you will make a 30 trades a day which yield you 12. not that much huh? go back and read my -134 loss with 80 percent win rate again.

you might tell me I would martingale and cover since i have 80 percent winning rate. very good then but how do you know whether your 6 loosing trades are distributed among let's say 30 trades. If that 6 loosing fall in the row you would easily diminish a much bigger deposit in a second. if you martingale a 5 euro for 6 times you ought to invest almost 1220 euro to cover it. even the 3rd one will cost you 78 euro after loosing a 12.5 and 31 of course. 

lose is part of the trades so easily neglect it. Now some personal rules that i use.

By myself i stop trading after 3 losses in the roe and come back tomorrow. every moment i set the lower limit and higher goals for myself.

for instance i start my day with 1350. I put the goal of 1500 but i will never trade if i touch the 1300. lets assume i start and win some trades and become 1400 then my lower limit will be 1350 and when i reach 1450 my Lower threshold is 1400.

My goal are also progressive. so I see for example 1450 as a peak of the mountain. I'll attack it twice and If i can't reach it I'll stop trading for the day.

Now I have 2 very interesting news  for you. Do you remember that you got 12 euro first day and you'll get somehow disappointed? with exactly that 12 percent increase you'll make 3833 euro in the end of the month. 

I have no Idea about you but I remember the first month that i made near 8000 euro out of 200 I was yelling just wow and wow for a week. take it in the consideration that i had faced just losses for about 6 month before that with the same strategy but bad money management.

second good news for you: I use snowball or compound martingaling but I will not suggest you now until you can fully control your emotion.

I take 1 trade and if i win the size of next trade will be the initial investment plus the profit. I'll do it until 4th time. If I loose in the middle i have just lost my initial investment and nothing more. I'll explain you better with example

my trade size is 10 for example:

1st trade : win  profit : 8

2nd trade: win invest:(10+8) profit:14.4

3rd trade:win invest (18+14.4) profit: 25.92

4th trade: win invest (32.4+25.92) profit: 46.65

so if you lose at any step still you have lost just your initial 10. but if you win once the 4 compound then you can afford to start 4 other times a new compound. it needs some confidence, patience and believe. just consider when your winning rate is higher and which trade are least risky.

always think about that 12 euro of first day and 3800 of the end of the month. I am sure you can do it. Just trust yourself and Do not over trade.  when the market signaled you to stop accept it and obey.

Happy trading

• Tripack, devhie, kalc and 10 others like this

What seems too high & risky to most generally goes higher. What seems low & cheap generally goes lower.” William O'Neil

#2 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

Excellent. You put a lot of things into perspective here!

• hajikiri likes this

#3 Alessio1979

Alessio1979

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

Thank you for sharing your money management. It's very interesting
  • hajikiri likes this

#4 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:21 AM

Sorry guys, I had a mistake in calculation in the first part. It is 1080 euro instead of 3800.

I will upload the excel sheet soon for better calculation.

• Alessio1979 and nerka like this

What seems too high & risky to most generally goes higher. What seems low & cheap generally goes lower.” William O'Neil

#5 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

OK guys, here is an Interactive excel sheet for calculating your profit. In the right side of the sheet there is a panel in which you can change the numbers of your winning rate, initial deposit, your risk ratio and average payout of your broker. 

It is designed for 1 month but if you want to calculate more than a month just copy the number of balance in the end of first month to the initial deposit cell and you'll have the plan for the second month. 

or you can simply choose the last row of profit table and pull it downward until the day that you want.

http://www.fast-file...spx?file=121277

or here

http://s000.tinyuplo...445005608972059

Happy trading

#6 jeanjean

jeanjean

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

Could there be an add on the doc about number of trading days a week. Considering for example me I just tyrade 4 days a week cause i avoid friday. Duno how to modify it this way on exel

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOOOMMMM LINE!

zrgeaIQ.jpg

#7 hajikiri

hajikiri

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Could there be an add on the doc about number of trading days a week. Considering for example me I just tyrade 4 days a week cause i avoid friday. Duno how to modify it this way on exel

Hi, I think you can just count the days manually without chronological order. so rewrite Just the days in "A" column from Monday to Thursday and you'll be sorted.

#8 Darissa

Darissa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

It's very interesting 

#9 trebor1645

trebor1645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

AMAZING

#10 worldshot

worldshot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

Thank you, great MM.

#11 Someoneelse

Someoneelse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

I didn't think this kind of useful information could be free, big thank you to the author.

#12 Barnabee

Barnabee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Author is long gone, although I never understood why, he looked like a very intelligent and educated person

#13 Mityu29

Mityu29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

Author is long gone, although I never understood why, he looked like a very intelligent and educated person

Unfortunately, he broke one of the forum rule and banned.

#14 holli

holli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Very interesting information. I've never before seen such posts. Now I understand why the author isn't on the forum anymore)

#15 kurt09

kurt09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

The wrong person is banned...a smart man,and exellent trader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.