Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ishan007 : (19 October 2018 - 12:16 AM) :) :P
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 09:22 PM) good morning
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point
@  igik : (18 October 2018 - 06:51 AM) forex entry point indicator
@  Delight : (18 October 2018 - 04:10 AM) @manfloy, share some of the free money with me. Just $200 will be ok. lol
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) run losers + increase the positions + cuting the positive PL when it comes
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:21 AM) nice, handing out free money
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:19 AM) well actually am experimenting hard right here with 3 traders, who claiming they want to trade, so i decided to gave out some posibility to trade live, they fucked up two accounts for now [email protected]
@  traderpusa : (18 October 2018 - 03:17 AM) manfloy talking to himself lol.
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 03:04 AM) so better don't play with fire and set ur stop loss if you want to be alive, and one more significative and the latest one for today : i see many traders trading perfect on DEMO, but when you pass on the LIVE trading the game will turn over 360degree, your rules your systems and your ability to keep the great job will purely dissapear, fear & greed, remember fear and greed nothing else on the chart only fear and greed, good luck
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) yup
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:46 AM) not that much time to flood and post here, please pay attention on your SL, one time the market will knock you very very significative, trust me it comes once in a year
@  ishan007 : (18 October 2018 - 02:45 AM) wow
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) https://gyazo.com/90...47790cd914b234d
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM) took a fresh sucker right now on EJ
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) a lot of old traders around
@  manfloy : (18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM) how is going on guys ???
@  ishan007 : (17 October 2018 - 11:06 PM) neddihrehat here?
@  happyjas : (17 October 2018 - 08:43 PM) :( uh oh
@  traderpusa : (17 October 2018 - 08:42 PM) i would not have recommended long lol

Photo

The SIWW Syndrome

price action support resistance forex sentiment psychology

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:01 AM

POPULAR

We all know that some of the big market movers are Fear & Greed.

While Greed is what can keep a trader into a possible losing trade, Fear is ultimately the sentiment that will generate the most short term momentum with the biggest move around some key areas due to traders’ stop loss being hit converged with possible U-turn change of mind triggering even more orders in the same direction, leading to possible same mistake again etc.

nyXjM5D.jpg

Though it has always been an interest of mine to keep in mind what other traders might do and where/when, and those who know me on chat will know that sometimes (while I was mainly trading spot forex) I sometimes referred this the “carrot” etc, this approach has everything to do with defining where other traders stops are.

So this is an idea that I called SIWW for “Shit I Was Wrong !”, though really I’m not re-inventing the wheel.

The whole idea here is again to find areas where things go unexpectedly WRONG for the vast majority of retail traders. This concept is all about FAILURE… Nothing, expect news and stuff like that, beats an obvious setup that is going through an EPIC FAIL.
Whether it is an obvious Support or Resistance level that tries to get broken, or the contrary by going back in, or even a good Fibonacci level that was “meant to react” but ultimately fails (really a funny one to watch), a nice double-top or head & shoulder that gets suddenly invalidated, etc etc. The key concept here has that it has to be UNEXPECTED and reflected as such on charts. You will need to feel that panic sentiment kicking in and jump in riding the train with the sharks out there, eventually you will become able to pinpoint areas at times when failure may occur before they do then watch it happening with a cruel smile on your face.

Although generally more applicable to non-expiring assets, the concept can be used with binary options as well due to the fact that if you do this and time it right your setup will be followed by such momentum that you can eventually get an edge. The main difficulty here will be not to confuse apples with oranges. Trading like this also requires a minimum of understanding about forex ordering process, basic PA understanding, ideally a bit about spread & ticks, and definitely some screen time because it is all rather subjective and real-time focused.
You also need to look for this while big sharks are around for small fish like us (London, NY am etc) otherwise SIWW could quickly become CIWR (= Cool I was Right)!

I will sometimes share screenshots here but won’t spoon-feed at all, my intention is to share an idea while YOU use your brain :)
Don’t forget, it’s not a strategy, it’s a concept to keep in mind while trading like a chess player. And don't be too greedy or you will become shark food yourself.

90iWBYA.png

3WDzmMo.png

45ufLHP.png

• David, swede, neddihrehat and 16 others like this

#2 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

And then another member will ask,

"Which indicators do we use here?"

"Which pairs do you think this strategy works?"

"Where are the BUY and SELL rules?"

"This strat doesn't work, it repaints, 57%."

CONFIDENCELESSNESS and OVERCONFIDENCE.

BOTH ARE VERY DANGEROUS as FEAR and GREED.

• Un4seen72, BrianC and Rockweli like this
Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#3 JustANoob

JustANoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

And then another member will ask,

"Which indicators do we use here?"

"Which pairs do you think this strategy works?"

"Where are the BUY and SELL rules?"

"This strat doesn't work, it repaints, 57%."

CONFIDENCELESSNESS and OVERCONFIDENCE.

BOTH ARE VERY DANGEROUS as FEAR and GREED.

you forgot

"which hours do you trade this strategy?"

• Un4seen72 likes this

#4 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

Another quick SIWW:

iF5Uk8c.png

A "carrot move" trying to lure buyers into that level above, tried and failed.

• rafsan likes this

#5 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:00 AM

And here is a failed Fibo on eurusd m5, as I mentioned this is usually a fun one to watch because you can almost hear fibo lovers screaming.

6dnDCNR.png

Look at that LL-HH leg and at it's fibo 61.8 where you can see that probably many buyers were located due to the several wicks there.
Notice also that the first probable TP level (TP1) was NOT reached and the bearish bar before the arrow was enough to kill their hopes.
That generated much momentum south.

• neddihrehat, happyjas, rafsan and 1 other like this

#6 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

And here is a failed Fibo on eurusd m5, as I mentioned this is usually a fun one to watch because you can almost hear fibo lovers screaming.

6dnDCNR.png

Look at that LL-HH leg and at it's fibo 61.8 where you can see that probably many buyers were located due to the several wicks there.
Notice also that the first probable TP level (TP1) was NOT reached and the bearish bar before the arrow was enough to kill their hopes.
That generated much momentum south.

The fibo approach looks easier because of the calculated levels I think. Failed levels, hmm.

Do you think that I got it correctly?

a2qNl9T.png

• Tripack likes this

#7 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:04 AM

Nice catch :)

I wouldn't have played the failed fibo scenario here because it didn't really fail since probably many buyers from the 618 you highlighted were able to take some profits at least around the 23.6 area, although many fibo traders will be looking for an ab=cd pattern the fail would not usually be that obvious.

However what is of importance here is that huge wick 2 candles before you entered (which happens to be around that fibo level too). There was probably a fair amount of buyers there that were taken out. If you add volume you will probably notice a good amount of fight in that candle/wick indicating an effort from retail to buy there. That effort was immediately taken down.

• ItsChub likes this

#8 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:05 AM

Here's a failed/failing fibo that I used for the RCG:

pmTA4YL.png
EUR/USD M5
I think it is self-explanatory, the point is that while watching real time that candle flirting with the area labelled "fail(ed/ing) TP1" I could feel that there was much effort to bring that candle up for 5min then that effort was shot down in the last 10 seconds, getting me to confirm the idea and enter.

• neddihrehat, deetop and ItsChub like this

#9 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Here's a failed/failing fibo that I used for the RCG:

EUR/USD M5
I think it is self-explanatory, the point is that while watching real time that candle flirting with the area labelled "fail(ed/ing) TP1" I could feel that there was much effort to bring that candle up for 5min then that effort was shot down in the last 10 seconds, getting me to confirm the idea and enter.

Nice trade. I think more trade examples will be great for those who wants to learn more about it.

Points for those who will read this in future.

1. Screen time is important.
  2. Last moment movement is important.
  3. (Optional) Not only humans flirt, candles have emotion too, they flirt a lot.

• Mowgli likes this

#10 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

Points for those who will read this in future.

1. Screen time is important.
  2. Last moment movement is important.
  3. (Optional) Not only humans flirt, candles have emotion too, they flirt a lot.

1. Definitely

2. Not that much the last movement, but the panic feeling is. More important even is to think like you wanted to take out certain buyers or sellers and where (approx.) that would occur and why.

3. No comment :)

#11 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

Another example that was taken earlier for the RCG:

jLRLewO.png

This one is a bit more difficult to apprehend, and I must admit I wasn't really sure about it.
There were obvious sellers towards the support area (horizontal black line) and then even more sellers after the break. Note that this line is also a fibo 50 of that leg down towards the fractal LL.
For me the last movement there (diagonal black line) was either a carrot move or maybe more sellers conforting them in their shorts to go towards the fractal LL again, but there were news ahead at BOH.
I decided it was a trick or that something would happen with all those tasty sellers (yummy) around and went in a call (though I should've waited for confirmation). Another indication that trading like this has much to do with own judgement.

PS. I won't post all my RCG contest trade though.

#12 Svalbard

Svalbard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

love this thread, thanks. :)

• Tripack likes this

#13 ItsChub

ItsChub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Love this @Tripack, going to be following this one closely

• Tripack likes this

"Bulls make money, bears make money but pigs get slaughtered"

#14 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks all for the support, appreciated ;)

I will also introduce the notion of tick volume. I am a bit reluctant to do so because it is really a double edged sword and is broker dependant (each broker will have different volume data) so use only when really obvious or you will end up looking at it only and flip a coin, believe me - only use obvious data.

vlA4jDm.png

The interesting point here is that although we have sellers, the obvious increase in volume compared to candles and similar previous same-size candles is that although there is a sell off, many traders were buyers... Since you wanna be a shark or at least a small fish with big teeth you want to profit from that information, like the big sharks algos are doing. So here we have many buyers that were wrong from the start but Greed is a powerful feeling too and as such the move up after the LL will only blow up their confidence & relief to:
a ) stay in their trade
b ) add even more to it
Then you need an excuse to enter and the lack of commitment did provide it.

I'm sorry if this one seems a bit complex, it is compared to some others and really not mandatory to trade if you don't feel comfortable with this approach. It's also not the one that will provide the most short term.

• deetop likes this

#15 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

Some trades for the RCG:

kkmPkBl.png
Clear fibo 61.8 that went wrong creating a panic attack to sellers.

OXj48qV.png

Sellers picked the carrot, calling 15m.

GQdg2z4.png
Looks like sellers but volume indicate much fightt in that leg down, so there were buyers too, reacted at 50% more buyers picked up that 50% carrot while a more significant level was below: the 618. That move was not strong enough to resist.

OgpskFb.png
Two trades, one itm and one otm.
The reasoning can be seen on H1:
ELTvLFB.png
The SIWW occured already with longer term trades, some buyers were possibly caught off guard before the TL was broken and the remaining portion to reach that magnet support was small and the magnet was strong.

• deetop likes this

#16 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

A 15m demo trade.

K1l6Xvg.png

Here's what happened in my opinion.

Price could not go above the yellow zone. Each time it went above, it was rejected. It felt like sellers were very active this time. Then price tried again, and was rejected very hard this time. Did the entry afterwards seeing how the last candle was getting pushed down again.

SbFkig0.png

• Tripack likes this

#17 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Not sure where to put this.

But can this be another SIWW movement according to your rule?

nuSY8qR.png

About this and this?

zwQM4c1.png

And this?

iGizQCj.png

I used the arrow to find potential areas where sellers were active. I might be wrong.

#18 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

I also have question regarding this movement.

Can we see a SIWW movement here?

CfCwlZx.png

#19 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:26 AM

Not really, more like usual PA which works really well too. There is nothing really unexpected here with that double wick reacting.

#20 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:46 AM

Not really, more like usual PA which works really well too. There is nothing really unexpected here with that double wick reacting.

What about this one?

http://www.binaryopt...ome/#entry86451

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: price action, support resistance, forex, sentiment, psychology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.