Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  happyjas : (06 April 2020 - 01:44 AM) "You could just go with your own instinct.. all the time. I have gone on what I have always thought."
@  happyjas : (06 April 2020 - 01:42 AM) roopem, that's your opinion.. don't take it seriously.. I've shown my sentiment through chart reading.. your call?.. what say you?..
@  roopem : (06 April 2020 - 01:08 AM) crossing fingers is gambling
@  happyjas : (05 April 2020 - 11:00 PM) heads up guys and gals!.. EU goin' up.. fingers crossed here.. B) https://imgur.com/wNQBQT4
@  Tripack : (05 April 2020 - 09:52 AM) Hey Mr Singh
@  Singh : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM) Hey Fellas,how is everyone
@  calcalex : (03 April 2020 - 01:12 PM) @Nickachino I hope not to be honest
@  Nickachino : (03 April 2020 - 07:21 AM) @ they shutting down the forum?
@  calcalex : (03 April 2020 - 06:03 AM) is the forum really going to disappear?
@  roopem : (02 April 2020 - 11:43 PM) does anyone got the renko builder from MTH2014 thats actually working?
@  steventran : (02 April 2020 - 10:28 PM) who is here trading iqoption?
@  Tripack : (01 April 2020 - 06:32 AM) @roopem, it is always subjective, what works for one may not work for the other, plus systematic approach does not work with non systematic markets
@  roopem : (01 April 2020 - 02:24 AM) any system here that works?
@  traderpusa : (31 March 2020 - 05:40 AM) yup, I checked myfxbook a few times, they all went bust.
@  Tripack : (31 March 2020 - 02:48 AM) Ah yeah didn’t he manage a group with some HFT ea ?
@  traderpusa : (31 March 2020 - 02:41 AM) Steve is a Global Prime dog, living off his 600 subscriber commissions. None of their EAs have ever made money.
@  traderpusa : (31 March 2020 - 02:40 AM) Once I change broker, I won't access stevehopwood anymore. He can shove his forum up his ass lol.
@  traderpusa : (31 March 2020 - 02:40 AM) @ishan, no I don't. I don't read anything on SH, except the Global Prime thread.
@  roopem : (30 March 2020 - 10:58 PM) CJ the guy who can map future price movement like a god?
@  ishan007 : (30 March 2020 - 11:33 AM) traderpusa sir you know CJ in stevehopewood?

Photo

Fast and Slow Momentum

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:02 AM

hi nedd thx a lot for your effort an willing to help others. i have to say i dont understand much about price action but i will study this topic very deeply. can u plz explane why u use sometimes RSI 3, RSI 5 OR RSI 14 for the same timeframe (i refere to ip option screen shots), thnx.

If you want to use IQ for the charting purpose, I have to suggest you otherwise. Their chart is scaled in such a way that you get OB/OS when its not even OB/OS in any other charting platform. Thats the reason I used different RSI values that match closely with the MT4 chart I used at that time.

Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#62 Noumenon

Noumenon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

oh thnx a lot for the advice nedd!!. i also use mt4 with admiral democonto and if i sync the stats bb, rsi, stoch its the same as ip option. i used a side by side view. but ill try others. how about etoro, only for charting panel.

#63 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Anyone up for a 45 minute exp?

:D

Price below 100ema, huge downtrend, then VC said OS, price still kept going down, vc alerted again and then price started to come back up. But it didn't even come back 25% while a VC OB alert occured. Had to wait because didn't touch a resistence drew using M30 chart, saw exhausion and next 3 candle PUT.

Pretty good for those who cannot stand the M1 and M5 charts due to volatility and noise. :D

IDjdHc1.png

Or perhaps a 1hour and 30 minutes exp for M30 chart. Still in process tho ;)

bR60EI9.png

Here is the blank chart for those who cannot resist naked chart :D

yeGNgWn.png

#64 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

I'm sorry but no, absolutely not, on a Friday afternoon (ny) all you will get is sticky action nothing more, now on another day and another time this would be an interesting setup :)

#65 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

I'm sorry but no, absolutely not, on a Friday afternoon (ny) all you will get is sticky action nothing more, now on another day and another time this would be an interesting setup :)

Come on,

Its friday, but I what I showed was not about the trading session, but about longer exp.

One can do 20m exp trades and another cannot do a 45min or 1:30 hour exp trades?

That's a little unfair if I may say.

#66 Tripack

Tripack

Trader

• Moderators
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Yeah at some point on Fri aft it becomes so sticky that even 15m or 5m becomes hardly doable, just my opinion.

P.S. I will even add that what make me *not* loose money on the long run while statying green in general is simply that, knowing when to STOP, it sounds pretty simple right ? Well it is :)

• Ambassador likes this

#67 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Yeah at some point on Fri aft it becomes so sticky that even 15m or 5m becomes hardly doable, just my opinion.

P.S. I will even add that what make me *not* loose money on the long run while statying green in general is simply that, knowing when to STOP, it sounds pretty simple right ? Well it is :)

Yup. Its a very simple rule to know when to STOP.

All I was trying to show that you can get setups on Higher tf. Nothing fancy, I myself stay away from the market around this time.

Favorite day to trade is Tue, Wed, Thurs.

• Tripack likes this

#68 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:23 AM

This is an in depth information for another setup. I showed it many times, but didn't disclose information about it.

Here, you can see there are two potential setups marked by up arrows. Don't think that the zigzag and fibs are essential, they are not, they are there just to illustrate the movement.

plkEKkx.png

So, the first setup is,

• Price makes a higher high, but the osc makes a lower high. Thats not a divergence we are here to trade. We are waiting for the retrace.
  • Price makes a retrace, like it pulls back 30% in the chart while the VC is almost OS.
  • Look at how it retraced to previous swing high, a support zone.
  • The entry can be the candle I marked, or the next candle after the engulfing/pinbar shows up as extra confirmation. Or we could enter after the osc breaks the TL drawn (in this case the first blue rectangle).
  • (Note, this is also a 2 bar continuation move).

And then the next setup,

• Price already made a higher high, right? We extend the divergence line and wait for the retrace.
  • After the price became OB, Now price did like 30%-40% pullback move
  • Look at how it retraced to previous swing high, a support zone.
  • In the meantime, the osc hits the TL drawn using the divergence line, which is faster than original price movement, like 75%.
  • We already got confirmation from the hammer type candle, which also engulfs previous bar.  We can enter on this candle or the candle or the next candle.
  • (Note, this is also a 2 bar continuation move).

You can use whatever you use, and you could do this to trade some spot scalps too.

Will disclose other setups later.

• devhie likes this

#69 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

This strategy is not a holy grail.

There are many other variations to this strategy, and it is a variation to many other strategies itself.

For example Swedes spot trading chart, Davids EMA rainbow, or the PA trading video, or your favorite Cloudchaser, or maybe the HA 2m, etc. You'll just see all of them in same boat with slightly modification or a modification of a modification. All are just retrace to a certain point.

It'll never work in all kind of market condition. The setups I have shown till now will only work if market is moving slower than the osc/vc. If you think this strategy is hard, just leave it, forget about it, move onto another strategy, and I'll assure you, you'll leave that strategy in no time. Ofc you'll get otms and you have to accept those otms and then you will have to move on.

I mainly trade Price action where I don't even have the VC in my chart. But for the sake of the development of this strategy, I've been using vc. There are other parts of this strat in another thread called "Nedds 2 bar Continuation", and the original strat has more other setups to tackle with different market situations.

Also, I have tried, but been failed to make a automated version of this or any other good PA based strats. It's simply harder to do that.

The reason people are not coming to this thread is,

• I didn't include a 80% ITM, or OMG This works, or SUPER EFFECTIVE etc. in the title.
  • I didn't post it with other strategies in a specific forum like 60 sec strategies etc.
  • No one likes a strat that requires to work hard. If I compiled the whole thing into arrow and such, they'd jump over it, believe me.

About the expiry, there are some points,

• When market is ranging, I know the lower tfs will still be trending because thats relative to that tf. M1, M2 charts are for that.
  • Slightly trending or usual retracements are found in M3 and M5 charts.
  • If I have so little time to monitor or I feel the M5 is too noisy, or, maybe for spot trading, I'll switch over to M10, M15 or M30 charts.

• devhie and ttabchi like this

#70 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:17 AM

Another type of setup or simply another point of view:

Lets say we are looking for calls. yes, We are looking for calls, we want to make calls specifically regarding the market situation.

First setup,

• Then first we have to find several bullish candles one after another. No interrupted candle movement like 1 bull and then 2 bear and then 3 bull and 1 bear.
  • When we find that, we gotta wait for retracement after VC stays in OB zone for a while.
  • The retracement must be a series of bearish candle with no inturruption.
  • Meanwhile the VC is almost at OS zone.

Second setup,

• Price starts to go up, and then we join the lower points of the VC and wait.
  • VC becomes OB and then bounced to the TL drawn on it.
  • Additional confirmation by pullback on support.

Third setup,

• VC didn't become OB, price didn't make a higher high to the point, so we know market is ranging for a while.
  • We trade the second touch to the TL in VC and the second touch to same SR zone.

We stop looking for setup if VC makes too many OB zones after the the range breaks.

maUfbPw.png

• devhie likes this

#71 thesturag

thesturag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Just realtime trade (in Demo) USDCAD M15... ITM :D

sQERRCw.jpg

Kz8vXJv.jpg

• neddihrehat likes this

#72 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

That's not a divergence trade, more like a retrace to resistance trade. And, if you use M15 to enter, your exp would be 45 minutes. You can use M15 to see the bigger picture and use M5 to enter.

And, post your OTMs too :D , even the mistakes too.

#73 thesturag

thesturag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Another real time trade (in Demo) AUDUSD ITM :lol:

0oawMeB.jpg

skfNfv3.jpg

#74 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

Another real time trade (in Demo) AUDUSD ITM :lol:

Same again, if you used M15 to enter, you should have a 45m exp.

For example, The M5 chart was showing this movement, If I entered for 15m, I'd get nice ITM :).

QhQQf4u.png

And then, here how you use M15 chart along with M5 chart.

w67CQsv.png

#75 thesturag

thesturag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

That's not a divergence trade, more like a retrace to resistance trade. And, if you use M15 to enter, your exp would be 45 minutes. You can use M15 to see the bigger picture and use M5 to enter.

And, post your OTMs too :D , even the mistakes too.

My bad! I actually took entry in 5M TF with 15M exp
B9oqvtv.jpg

#76 thesturag

thesturag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

Another ITM AUDUSD M15 (Real Time; Demo)
IPXfuwf.jpg

Rfpm3Uu.jpg

• neddihrehat likes this

#77 Sambo

Sambo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

09cda047aa5d1b6f3703956eda011711.png

Does this follow the rules? price was downward trending, VC went from OS to OB very quickly and hyper extended.

#78 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

09cda047aa5d1b6f3703956eda011711.png

Does this follow the rules? price was downward trending, VC went from OS to OB very quickly and hyper extended.

Yes, thats a nice trade. :)

#79 thesturag

thesturag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

6iOrWa9.jpg

UJ M5 chart 
M15 (3x) trade(demo); ITM :)
[will post OTM's too, if there is any (done by me of course)] 

#80 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

6iOrWa9.jpg

UJ M5 chart 
M15 (3x) trade(demo); ITM :)
[will post OTM's too, if there is any (done by me of course)] 

Nice trade I see.

Can you share some remarks like why you traded it, what was the market condition, when you traded etc etc?

Can you draw fibo instead of the lines?

And can you zoom in a little bit?

And show the whole pair instead of a part of the picture?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.