This strategy is not a holy grail.
There are many other variations to this strategy, and it is a variation to many other strategies itself.
For example Swedes spot trading chart, Davids EMA rainbow, or the PA trading video, or your favorite Cloudchaser, or maybe the HA 2m, etc. You'll just see all of them in same boat with slightly modification or a modification of a modification. All are just retrace to a certain point.
It'll never work in all kind of market condition. The setups I have shown till now will only work if market is moving slower than the osc/vc. If you think this strategy is hard, just leave it, forget about it, move onto another strategy, and I'll assure you, you'll leave that strategy in no time. Ofc you'll get otms and you have to accept those otms and then you will have to move on.
I mainly trade Price action where I don't even have the VC in my chart. But for the sake of the development of this strategy, I've been using vc. There are other parts of this strat in another thread called "Nedds 2 bar Continuation", and the original strat has more other setups to tackle with different market situations.
Also, I have tried, but been failed to make a automated version of this or any other good PA based strats. It's simply harder to do that.
The reason people are not coming to this thread is,
- I didn't include a 80% ITM, or OMG This works, or SUPER EFFECTIVE etc. in the title.
- I didn't post it with other strategies in a specific forum like 60 sec strategies etc.
- No one likes a strat that requires to work hard. If I compiled the whole thing into arrow and such, they'd jump over it, believe me.
About the expiry, there are some points,
- When market is ranging, I know the lower tfs will still be trending because thats relative to that tf. M1, M2 charts are for that.
- Slightly trending or usual retracements are found in M3 and M5 charts.
- If I have so little time to monitor or I feel the M5 is too noisy, or, maybe for spot trading, I'll switch over to M10, M15 or M30 charts.