Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:01 AM) and by the way if that guy trys to sell you stuff dont buy it, he's just ripped off some indi's over at forex-station lol its all freely available
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 AM) lol hey TP hows it going young man
@  traderpusa : (01 July 2020 - 01:53 PM) So is the market lol
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) yall are savage :D
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) haha
@  Sambo : (29 June 2020 - 05:04 PM) If there's one thing i've learned, it's that the most profitable traders are the least boastful.
@  happyjas : (27 June 2020 - 09:50 PM) We understand what took place, you won a lot of money and bought a new "BMW M4 cake", you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and sounded like this: "My name is my name, if you ask me again I'll tell you the same, I won a lot of money, and already shove it on my candy back-end, but there's one problem, everyone knows already that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK."
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:43 PM) the R8 Audi thing -_-
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:42 PM) :unsure: 'Can't afford the BM thing, 'just got the 2018 Audi 2016 :(
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:41 PM) :unsure: 'Ca
@  Dyabolus : (26 June 2020 - 03:45 AM) so were u verified by David at last? how about that 'pic'
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 04:48 PM) sure post a pic
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:17 PM) sorry im bragging again, i sincerly apologize. Just wanted to share with you :(
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) By the way do you wanna see my new BMW M4?
@  euro_rapp : (25 June 2020 - 04:13 PM) where do you read that closure stuff?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:45 AM) thanks anyways MAster David, a million times :)
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:41 AM) *closure
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:39 AM) feeling anxious about what I read about BOE (the enclosure, i guess) :(
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 07:18 AM) good how about you happy?
@  happyjas : (25 June 2020 - 07:16 AM) hello MAster David, how are you?

Photo

News Trading on NADEX with Bull Spreads

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Chronos24

Chronos24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Wednesday at 8:30 looks interesting for retail I need to do more research on it, it could be a possibility for a follow through trade. I'm going to be researching more about bull spreads as well. The new strike prices look like they will help very much. I can not wait to try them.   

#22 charlesl

charlesl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

Thinking no significant movement on retail sales on Wednesday @ 8:30?

When I look at these reports, I am looking at it from the perspective of whether the report delivered a sustained move.  From what I can tell, the US Core Retail Sales report delivers a sustained moved maybe 50 percent of the time.  For example, in July, from 30 mins prior to release to 30 minutes after release, USD/JPY moved 5 pips.  June was better with a spike of about 10 pips.  May had a decent spike.  April was terrible since 30 minutes after release, USD/JPY was basically back where it was before the report after a spike of about 12 pips.  The spikes don't really mean much to me.  Some might trade the spike only, but again, I want to start from the position that I believe I can hold my position to expiry.  If I don't have that expectation, I'd rather not trade the report.  

#23 apexinvesting

apexinvesting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Yes they are :)  I submitted the proposal and they have put 8 in place so far. More new strike widths I am told should come out sometime in October on additional instruments.

We sent over every instrument to them on what the widths etc.. should be. Very cool they are listening :)

#24 jziegler

jziegler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hey Charlesl,

i notice in the morning there is usually movement in the market about a 20 pip move a couple times in the morning NY sessions.   Have you tried 2 hours bull spread staddles entering at say $5 and exit at $20 trying capture maybe 15  pips?

JZ

#25 charlesl

charlesl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hey Charlesl,

i notice in the morning there is usually movement in the market about a 20 pip move a couple times in the morning NY sessions.   Have you tried 2 hours bull spread staddles entering at say $5 and exit at $20 trying capture maybe 15  pips?

JZ

Define what you mean by a straddle.  Maybe you can give a concrete example of how what you are proposing might work.

#26 jziegler

jziegler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

Every hour a 2 hours spread gets posted for Bull spread.  When the prices go live, usually you can get in a call or buy position and a put or sell position.  This is a straddle.  Your are effectively straddling the price hoping for either an up or down movement.  I trying out this strategy in peak hours when the market typically moves.   Anyway I was asking for help anyone that has tried this strategy with either bull spreads or binary spreads (which work way different).  Any any advice is appreciated.

#27 charlesl

charlesl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Darrel Martin of apexinvesting defines the straddle like this:

straddle is buying a spread above the market and selling a spread below the market

If we use that as our working definition of a straddle, then I can say that I have used straddles before as outlined in this thread.  But, if I understand you, you are proposing to use straddles as an everyday trading technique.  That most definitely is not something I am interested in doing.  I think the strategy is only effective when there is an expectation of a big move (a news event).  When there is no such expectation, I don't have confidence that straddle would make me any money consistently.  

#28 WolfOfWallStreet

WolfOfWallStreet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

Can someone tell me please when the Canadian employment report comes out, and does it come out every month and if so, on what day if the month. Same with the Australian GDP report. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.