Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please be respectful in the chat and watch your language & arguing. Read the forum rules.
@  traderpusa : (20 January 2017 - 02:51 AM) it is just the number of ticks in your candle, nothing to do with volume
@  traderpusa : (20 January 2017 - 02:51 AM) another volume thread. Why people don't get it there is no such thing as volume in mt4.
@  MIK : (20 January 2017 - 02:42 AM) :)
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 07:53 PM) google.com <-
@  dinosaurhd : (19 January 2017 - 07:32 PM) speech
@  dinosaurhd : (19 January 2017 - 07:32 PM) what time is the speach pls
@  calebfx : (19 January 2017 - 06:25 PM) @sunztu banks
@  sunztu : (19 January 2017 - 05:46 PM) so who is trading the speech tomorrow
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:21 PM) :lol:
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:21 PM) then they will call you
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:20 PM) click to call button if you think price will go up.
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:20 PM) Like i could somehow miss the huge green "deposit" button.
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:19 PM) :D
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:19 PM) It's definitely annoying tho. Every single call is the same. "Can we help you open your account,etc etc"
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 04:18 PM) random calling customers is stupid and brokers shouldnt do it
@  traderpusa : (19 January 2017 - 04:18 PM) When a broker calls you it means you are with the wrong broker lol unless you asked for it
@  siimduud : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) Dunno, a dude from nadex called me today
@  kubn2 : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) @Ewa sometimes they need talk when you created account sometimes when you wan withdraw money
@  ahmetesk : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) @Ewa serious brokers don't call peoples I think.
@  Matt-Dawg : (19 January 2017 - 04:17 PM) Its not the best strats or the holy grail but with a lil pa knowledge I be good.

Photo

I did it again :(

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 PaititiGold

PaititiGold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Read hanover's myth #15, #17 and #20, and alphaomega's excellent post http://www.forexfact...ad.php?t=273035 and his excellent thread here
http://www.forexfact...ad.php?t=566056

that deals deeper into the subject of psychology. Unfortunately many get it incorrect often quoting Mark Douglas superficially without proper understanding.
The best investment you can make is an investment in yourself,..... the more you learn the more you'll earn. ----- Warren Buffet

You have to learn the rules of the game, and then play it better than anyone else. ----- Albert Einstein

#62 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

Well it is not black or white, that's for sure, and while I agree on some of the points hanover makes, it really depends on where each trader is on his way to become a successful trader. It is not about putting psychology vs edge/strat in a useless attempt to find out which is more important. To me it was about finding my edge/strat, and once I had that, then work on my discipline/psychology, which for sure has been, is, the most difficult part for me, and it seems to be so for many people. It doesn't make sense to keep searching for others and better strats, and demoing them over and over again, if the real problem is that your state of mind prevents you from being successful on the long term on a live account with any of those strats.

Psychology, state of mind, is not the most important factor, but it is probably the one that newbies are less aware about, or less willing to spent time improving, and maybe that is what turns it into the biggest reason for failure for many people.

• singu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.