Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  zeeshan ali : (13 December 2017 - 03:26 PM) in forex i like elliot wawe is best
@  zeeshan ali : (13 December 2017 - 03:26 PM) @Tripack nice tripack
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 03:18 PM) sounded like a good idea :P https://imgur.com/27QdkUu
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 09:56 AM) what about shorting usdjpy ?
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 09:00 AM) woah :)
@  hatırlaa : (13 December 2017 - 08:57 AM) that was lifesaver :D http://prntscr.com/hmymth
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 08:15 AM) np
@  chyldom : (13 December 2017 - 07:47 AM) Yeah thank you Tripack, I realized few seconds later :D
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 07:17 AM) hi
@  benzatte : (13 December 2017 - 07:00 AM) hello !!!!
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 06:01 AM) btw it is spelled lingsbord
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 06:01 AM) :D
@  HAWK : (13 December 2017 - 05:41 AM) holygrail.mq4
@  chyldom : (13 December 2017 - 05:14 AM) Sorry - mistake
@  chyldom : (13 December 2017 - 05:14 AM) Linsboard
@  Abdul777 : (13 December 2017 - 04:02 AM) and to me it feels more safe obviously to do it thru bank institutions rather than worldwide, but the terms are just sooooooooo unlike in there, imho, so was wondering about real safe options worldwide
@  Abdul777 : (13 December 2017 - 04:01 AM) As the only platform here in Latvia which may be traded thru bank, is DNB bank
@  Abdul777 : (13 December 2017 - 03:59 AM) @Tri, I'm curious, where are you from? As much as I understand you're trading mostly spot right? In such case, do you trade thru some local bank platform or worldwide platform?
@  Tripack : (13 December 2017 - 03:59 AM) loool
@  Abdul777 : (13 December 2017 - 03:57 AM) Like what Obama said- think before you tweet :D

Photo

I did it again :(

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:17 PM

POPULAR

So, after of month of being in profit every single day, I got up this morning eager to trade again, happy with my results, it has been a long way since I started in Janurary, fighting to learn to be discplined and not emotional when trading, my BIGGEST problem. I trade late Tokoy session before I go to work, really early in the morning here at GMT+1, but it is the only time of day I can have a couple of hours for trading every day.

As I was saying, a good month, feeling like I'm finding my edge, controlling my temper and maintaiing discpline, using PA and Ichimoku for trading. In profit every day for this month, a great feeling, not making a lot of money, because I have been building up trade sizes very gradually.. as part of my discipline training, but still, building up slowly and in profit. Great!

But, hell, EGO and temper got control of me this morning, badly... and I lost $1000, starting with $20 trades. Crazy, right?

I had 6 ITM and 1 OTM going and was about to stop for this morning and get ready to go to work. Another good morning of trading bins. Then I saw this nice setup lining up and thought "gotta take this last one"

Then, I hit enter... shit, 60s instead of 5m, what a bummer!! it's gonna be OTM, so I tripled up and hit enter again, this was a sure one... stupid stupid stupid!! I was already angry because of my first mistake, well guess what... I blody hit enter again on 60s instead of 5m epxiry. It waited.. no breathing for a minute.. but 2 OTM, (on 5m it ended up ITM).

The loss was not big, but I was really pissed with myself, so I thought... another cup of coffee and I will win this back in no time, after all... I have been doing great this month.

20 minutes later I had lost $1000, before I realised that I was back in my EGO trip, no disciplilne, no following any of my rules, chasing trades to get back on the market.

Well, as Hubba says... I got gangbanged BIG TIME by the market. I really thought I was over this stage, after such a great month... but, I guess I have to watch out when that Demon called EGO takes control of my brain.

It sucks to have to trade just to win back a loss, really... it sucks big time. Just telling this in case somebody can learn from my mistake. CONTROL YOUR TEMPER AND EGO, AND IF YOU CAN'T, STOP TRADING WHEN IT TAKES CONTROL OF YOU!

• Tripack, holyfire, traderpusa and 32 others like this

#2 holyfire

holyfire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

POPULAR

been there , done it, bought the t-shirt.......it gets better

• traderpusa, neddihrehat, totory123 and 10 others like this

Sorry friends. I will do no further coding.

#3 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

A very honest post.

• homero15 and BrianC like this

#4 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

oh boi thats what I call getting ANAL-ED lol but good thing is you are not in denial of the pain from being ANAL-ED lol. Dont worry you will recover in no time as now you know what not to do. Also I have made those mistakes too and I take you are trading on mt4. My advice load pit's BO panel because it doest reset itself unless you change the expiry time and amount. That way you dont have to choose 5m every time and in case you forget you wont get A N A L E D lmaooo I love that word.

So yeah load that bo panel if you doing it on mt4 if you cant find the panel then let me know I will upload the most simple one.

Regards

Singh

• mrfubzeycz, martinezfx, BrianC and 1 other like this

"The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me rod while teaching."
- Jesse Livermore

My Youtube channel for trading videos -  https://www.youtube....user/mindpl4y3r

#5 martinezfx

martinezfx

Banned for unauthorised commercial activity and scamming members

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

The Enemy in the Trader as once again Pop up and i need you to keep fighting, resisting the enemy in you for you shall win.

More power to your elbow !!!!!

• Singh and BrianC like this
The biggest challenge most traders will face in trying to remain consistently profitable is the temptation and habit of continually adding and complicating simple concepts or jumping from one system to the other

#6 martinezfx

martinezfx

Banned for unauthorised commercial activity and scamming members

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

oh boi thats what I call getting ANAL-ED lol but good thing is you are not in denial of the pain from being ANAL-ED lol. Dont worry you will recover in no time as now you know what not to do. Also I have made those mistakes too and I take you are trading on mt4. My advice load pit's BO panel because it doest reset itself unless you change the expiry time and amount. That way you dont have to choose 5m every time and in case you forget you wont get A N A L E D lmaooo I love that word.

So yeah load that bo panel if you doing it on mt4 if you cant find the panel then let me know I will upload the most simple one.

Regards

Singh

Please Singh upload the panel for us. Thanks

The biggest challenge most traders will face in trying to remain consistently profitable is the temptation and habit of continually adding and complicating simple concepts or jumping from one system to the other

#7 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:42 PM

There download the zip folder from here  http://www120.zippys...b8e9e/file.html

copy stuff from folders to respected mt4 folders restart mt4 and load expert 

Should look like this and also setting I use , I use it only for orders and set everything else to zero so it doesnt give me any alerts or anything which I dont know if any good or not 

fddc5196dec90873004e770b9e4350cb.png

• Alfred, martinezfx, lostinheaven and 1 other like this

- Jesse Livermore

#8 somtec

somtec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

Hi BrianC

Sorry to hear you let the beast get hold of you, dig in come back stronger for the next fight.
You can win trades over and over we've seen your posts just got to try and walk away when that urge starts to take hold.
Thought I had a bad day blowing my demo account by over trading ,over losing and trading way to big amounts.

Singh just tried that link but getting Unsafe Website warning, don't know if its down to my computer or a potential problem.
  • martinezfx and BrianC like this

#9 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

Its your pc , its zippyshare lol everyone uses it , aint giving me any warning. Click proceed anyway and download it

- Jesse Livermore

#10 Chrispap

Chrispap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAachen Germany

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:09 PM

So, after of month of being in profit every single day, I got up this morning eager to trade again, happy with my results, it has been a long way since I started in Janurary, fighting to learn to be discplined and not emotional when trading, my BIGGEST problem. I trade late Tokoy session before I go to work, really early in the morning here at GMT+1, but it is the only time of day I can have a couple of hours for trading every day.

As I was saying, a good month, feeling like I'm finding my edge, controlling my temper and maintaiing discpline, using PA and Ichimoku for trading. In profit every day for this month, a great feeling, not making a lot of money, because I have been building up trade sizes very gradually.. as part of my discipline training, but still, building up slowly and in profit. Great!

But, hell, EGO and temper got control of me this morning, badly... and I lost $1000, starting with $20 trades. Crazy, right?

I had 6 ITM and 1 OTM going and was about to stop for this morning and get ready to go to work. Another good morning of trading bins. Then I saw this nice setup lining up and thought "gotta take this last one"

Then, I hit enter... shit, 60s instead of 5m, what a bummer!! it's gonna be OTM, so I tripled up and hit enter again, this was a sure one... stupid stupid stupid!! I was already angry because of my first mistake, well guess what... I blody hit enter again on 60s instead of 5m epxiry. It waited.. no breathing for a minute.. but 2 OTM, (on 5m it ended up ITM).

The loss was not big, but I was really pissed with myself, so I thought... another cup of coffee and I will win this back in no time, after all... I have been doing great this month.

20 minutes later I had lost $1000, before I realised that I was back in my EGO trip, no disciplilne, no following any of my rules, chasing trades to get back on the market.

Well, as Hubba says... I got gangbanged BIG TIME by the market. I really thought I was over this stage, after such a great month... but, I guess I have to watch out when that Demon called EGO takes control of my brain.

It sucks to have to trade just to win back a loss, really... it sucks big time. Just telling this in case somebody can learn from my mistake. CONTROL YOUR TEMPER AND EGO, AND IF YOU CAN'T, STOP TRADING WHEN IT TAKES CONTROL OF YOU!

You are not alone men. Burnt several accounts this way. Unfortunately having technical skills is the least part of the game. The most important is having knowledge of ourselves..

#11 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for your comments guys. Appreciate it. Somebody said "an honest post". Well to be honest, my first thought was to not tell.  At this stage I really should know better than to fall into that s**** hole again, but since I share my good trades and days, I have decided to share every big bummer I made, after all, most of what I have learned about trading, I have learned it here, so if somebody can learn from my mistakes, well so be it. Maybe it will help me avoiding this if I know I have to make my stupidity public, LOL.

Singh, I have thought about the panel, but I don't know if I will feel comfortable entering lots for bins instead of ammounts. Will take a look at it.

Anyway, the first mistake would have cost me $30, not a big deal, I usually don't make those mistakes with expiry time anymore. The second one came becaues EGO was already taking over and I was already losing focus. The second was $90. Also not a big deal. But the worst part of this was that, what made me lose my mind was not losing $120, but rather that I COULDN'T STAND THE FACT THAT IT LOVERED MY WONDERFUL ITM RATE FOR THIS MORNING!!!

So yes, I got AN-ALE-ED biiiiiig time, hehe.... Wont be able to sit down for a week Singh....

I just think I have learned too much and been doing too well for the last month to be so bloody stupid!

Lesson learned - I AM NOT GOING DOWN THAT ROAD AGAAAAAIN!!!!!

PD: I was actually telling myself that I was not martingaling, I was doing "recovery trades". :unsure:

• traderpusa, homero15, totory123 and 5 others like this

#12 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

Today i had also very bad day. I dont know why... iq option aldo today decreased payout to 60% in most pairs for example eurusd.... very weird day. My accurate today was 20% lol. ^^ i hope tommorow e eveything will back to normall...

#13 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

Bro Brian.. I just felt like I read my post on "how do I come out of this mindset" again...

After growing my acc carefully over few weeks,coz of this EGO demon, I took my acc from 3000$ to 6$ in 25 minutes...

I'm yet to completely come out of this shock.. It's been 2 months..
The only thing that's growing consistently is the number of times I blew off my acc..lol..if there is a competition, I'll b the winner in that....Nothing else...

I'm not qualified to advice u anything...

All I can say is u r not the only guy on this boat..

On a funny note, whenever u feel like martingaling and recovering, inform me..ill slap you..and u do it, in my case.... Let's slap each other and kill our ego demons...lol...😀
  • deniq, skyler, Kilometer and 6 others like this

#14 dasa

dasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Broker's edge is your emotions and they rely on that for eternity.

• totory123 and martinezfx like this

#15 yawyks

yawyks

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:10 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for your comments guys. Appreciate it. Somebody said "an honest post". Well to be honest, my first thought was to not tell.  At this stage I really should know better than to fall into that s**** hole again, but since I share my good trades and days, I have decided to share every big bummer I made, after all, most of what I have learned about trading, I have learned it here, so if somebody can learn from my mistakes, well so be it. Maybe it will help me avoiding this if I know I have to make my stupidity public, LOL.

Singh, I have thought about the panel, but I don't know if I will feel comfortable entering lots for bins instead of ammounts. Will take a look at it.

Anyway, the first mistake would have cost me $30, not a big deal, I usually don't make those mistakes with expiry time anymore. The second one came becaues EGO was already taking over and I was already losing focus. The second was $90. Also not a big deal. But the worst part of this was that, what made me lose my mind was not losing $120, but rather that I COULDN'T STAND THE FACT THAT IT LOVERED MY WONDERFUL ITM RATE FOR THIS MORNING!!!

So yes, I got AN-ALE-ED biiiiiig time, hehe.... Wont be able to sit down for a week Singh....

I just think I have learned too much and been doing too well for the last month to be so bloody stupid!

Lesson learned - I AM NOT GOING DOWN THAT ROAD AGAAAAAIN!!!!!

PD: I was actually telling myself that I was not martingaling, I was doing "recovery trades". :unsure:

This is not a negative post and the "you" is not directed at BrianC.

That bold[ed] assertion that you just made. For whatever the reason, and more importantly since nothing has changed, you will go down that road again, you'll find out in your own time.

Someone shared this -

There is an old story in recovery circles that goes something like this:

My Life in Five Short Chapters

Chapter One: I went out for a walk, and I fell into a deep, dark hole. It took me a long time to get out.

Chapter Two: I went out for a walk, and I fell into the same deep, dark hole. It took me a long time to get out.

Chapter Three: I went out for a walk, and I came across the same deep, dark hole. I walked up to it slowly, got very close to it, looked inside the hole... and I fell in again. It took me a long time to get out.

Chapter Four: I went out for a walk, and I came across the same deep, dark hole. This time as I approached it, I decided to not get too close, and I walked around it.

Chapter Five: I went out for a walk. This time I went down a different street.

If you ever get to Chapter Five, do come back to this thread to tell "us" you've made it, you're now a bo millionaire trader.

Even the BO brokers will celebrate your success.   ;)

• deniq, totory123, neju74 and 9 others like this
Moving on............再见

#16 singu

singu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:33 AM

Yup, my old friend...revenge trading...i see i'm not the only one fighting this demon.

More power to you BrianC for sharing...:)

#17 dasa

dasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:33 AM

It's the mindset that matters in the long run if you dont feel like trading don't just don't that simple

#18 Chrispap

Chrispap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAachen Germany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Today i had also very bad day. I dont know why... iq option aldo today decreased payout to 60% in most pairs for example eurusd.... very weird day. My accurate today was 20% lol. ^^ i hope tommorow e eveything will back to normall...

There was bank holiday both in England and US and there was low volatility in the market. Thats how they justify the payout drops..
  • skyler likes this

#19 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

Bro Brian.. I just felt like I read my post on "how do I come out of this mindset" again...

After growing my acc carefully over few weeks,coz of this EGO demon, I took my acc from 3000$ to 6$ in 25 minutes...

I'm yet to completely come out of this shock.. It's been 2 months..
The only thing that's growing consistently is the number of times I blew off my acc..lol..if there is a competition, I'll b the winner in that....Nothing else...

I'm not qualified to advice u anything...

All I can say is u r not the only guy on this boat..

On a funny note, whenever u feel like martingaling and recovering, inform me..ill slap you..and u do it, in my case.... Let's slap each other and kill our ego demons...lol...

I actually thought of your post after this happened. And yes, maybe we should slap each other's face from time to time. How are you doing now?

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month, so a fresh start with a new mindset.  Maybe I'll start that thread I talked about starting some time ago, if other's have the same problem, posting every single trade we make explaining why we took it. If we are honest, and have to "justify" in public why we take every trade, maybe that will help us thinking twice before we get carried away.

I'm convinced I can do this. I don't think I got lucky every single day for a month in a row, that must mean I'm finding my edge and actually am beginning to know how to trade. If I learn to control my temper, I believe I have a future in trading...

From tomorrow I'm gonna calm down, I'm withdrawing what's left of this months profit and starting over with a small account, maybe $200, to force myself to build it up again with small numbers, set some clear rules for when to enter a trade and when not, mm and a daily or weekly goal. Hell, I'm gonna start smoking again if that's what it takes (been off the cigarettes for 2 months) :wacko:

• traderpusa, totory123, xTKSD and 1 other like this

#20 traderpusa

traderpusa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Don't worry about it too much.  To err is human.  People who go to work for a boss every day also make mistakes once in a while.  Only they don't need to care so much because their paycheck will be there end of the month.  So don't judge yourself too hard, learn a lesson from what happened and continue to be strong.

• nevils and BrianC like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.