Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:51 PM) the only thing you have to do, after you order -- submit a support ticket asking for your VPS IP address and login information.. because they dont send it right away lol.. only if you ask. They tell me it sends to my e-mail but i never received and I ordered two now
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) not spam.. just letting you know, so they don't go bankrupt from having no customers and i lose my cheap vps :)
@  Ewa : (23 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) Best VPS for forex: https://www.forexcheapvps.com/ --- It is only $3.95 a month if you pay for a year at once..
@  HAWK : (23 January 2018 - 02:41 PM) LoL
@  nitrousr8 : (23 January 2018 - 11:24 AM) LuL
@  pangU_ : (23 January 2018 - 11:10 AM) Best new indicator forex, binary, stocks... https://imgur.com/a/djxGj
@  ptauss : (23 January 2018 - 09:47 AM) macd
@  littlebuddy : (23 January 2018 - 09:09 AM) Brady
@  pangU_ : (23 January 2018 - 07:42 AM) Hanks
@  nitrousr8 : (23 January 2018 - 05:18 AM) Cruise
@  HAWK : (23 January 2018 - 04:16 AM) Tom
@  xplus : (23 January 2018 - 03:03 AM) Good morning here Lagos, NG.......
@  J1mm : (22 January 2018 - 03:34 PM) after you confirmed the rejection?
@  J1mm : (22 January 2018 - 03:33 PM) sweet, you traded over a resistance 4 days ago hehe :P
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:23 PM) gotta go, laters
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:22 PM) 2nd trade of the day (spot) with simple levels https://imgur.com/7xCGHBf
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM) pays the bills though, lol
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM) Only a stupid employee :)
@  Tripack : (22 January 2018 - 03:11 PM) Heh
@  Masqurade9 : (22 January 2018 - 03:10 PM) =)

Photo

Part 2 NEWS TRADING

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

1 ITM today

f040a165004d4dc531c904f08322b88f.png
https://gyazo.com/f0...1c904f08322b88f

#102 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Hey, guys! I'm back after a small vacation.
2 ITM's today on EUR/CAD on live account :)

bc4471baa396c5d122b679fa9815c447.png

• Mondmann and Nickachino like this

#103 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:14 AM

3 ITM and a half otm at the blue line. I sold at the market at the blue line, because i regretted the trade and lost about 62 % on that trade.
But the other trades i won, i hadn't seen that it was nonfarm payrolls that made the big moves because it only said so on investing.com and not Forexfactory which i normally use.
My account is slowly growing and i'm happy with 4 itm and 1 otm for this week. :)

a794f17d8ccae38c010b25368f90cab2.png

• homero15 likes this

#104 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

Hey! I have been a bit busy working but today i took 4 trades
3 ITM 1 OTM

https://gyazo.com/06...d0b9d1b3b476ae1
https://gyazo.com/5f...780d9151e9092bd
https://gyazo.com/13...15e7d2b6ae76a9b

• Jinch likes this

#105 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:15 AM

Hey! I have been a bit busy working but today i took 4 trades
3 ITM 1 OTM

https://gyazo.com/06...d0b9d1b3b476ae1
https://gyazo.com/5f...780d9151e9092bd
https://gyazo.com/13...15e7d2b6ae76a9b

Yep there were a few GBP-related setups due to the interest rate decision. I lost out on EURUSD then won on EURUSD (30M trades), and won on EURGBP. Could have won on GBPUSD too if I'd moved fast enough and traded on that one too.

I'm pretty much just leaving my charts on 30M all the time now, and trading BB breaks or big price swings e.g. news with a bit of PA thrown in (usually watching for prices hitting RNs). My ITM score is 41/58 and I've added £230 to my pot with these trades to date :)

• fjordmelis likes this

#106 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

Yep there were a few GBP-related setups due to the interest rate decision. I lost out on EURUSD then won on EURUSD (30M trades), and won on EURGBP. Could have won on GBPUSD too if I'd moved fast enough and traded on that one too.

I'm pretty much just leaving my charts on 30M all the time now, and trading BB breaks or big price swings e.g. news with a bit of PA thrown in (usually watching for prices hitting RNs). My ITM score is 41/58 and I've added £230 to my pot with these trades to date :)

Hi Jinch, that's awesome. So do you mean that you trade BB break on m30 even if there aren't any news? :-)

#107 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:42 AM

Hi Jinch, that's awesome. So do you mean that you trade BB break on m30 even if there aren't any news? :-)

Yep. I've been following that idea for about 12 days now and as mentioned I've taken 58 trades in that time. This is all during work hrs too, so there's been lots of missed opportunities e.g. the NFP news last Friday I was called away with the boss so missed multiple setups :(. Some days I've only caught one, one day I got 16!

I've been putting on variable stakes between £5 - £20 depending on confidence, but as of yesterday I'm going for £20 each time. My win ratio has been 70-80% or so, so I know that in theory I should be ITM on 3 out of 4 trades. Yesterday wasn't so good as I went 2/5 on EURCAD when it just sank and didn't want to stop. Lesson learnt - maybe only place one trade per candle?

The key is to not just jump in on a break, as you'll be well aware. Watch the candle and try and gauge when it's overstretched and might reverse. I like to have Stratman Mini charts (5M and 15M) on just to watch the candle movements in lower TFs.

Anyway, it seems to be working so far for me. I only use binary dot com as it lets me place a trade to the end of the 30M candle. If it gets to 10mins or less before the end of the candle I'll usually avoid the trade.

• MasterBlaster likes this

#108 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

Yep. I've been following that idea for about 12 days now and as mentioned I've taken 58 trades in that time. This is all during work hrs too, so there's been lots of missed opportunities e.g. the NFP news last Friday I was called away with the boss so missed multiple setups :(. Some days I've only caught one, one day I got 16!

I've been putting on variable stakes between £5 - £20 depending on confidence, but as of yesterday I'm going for £20 each time. My win ratio has been 70-80% or so, so I know that in theory I should be ITM on 3 out of 4 trades. Yesterday wasn't so good as I went 2/5 on EURCAD when it just sank and didn't want to stop. Lesson learnt - maybe only place one trade per candle?

The key is to not just jump in on a break, as you'll be well aware. Watch the candle and try and gauge when it's overstretched and might reverse. I like to have Stratman Mini charts (5M and 15M) on just to watch the candle movements in lower TFs.

Anyway, it seems to be working so far for me. I only use binary dot com as it lets me place a trade to the end of the 30M candle. If it gets to 10mins or less before the end of the candle I'll usually avoid the trade.

Sounds awesome, i'm gonna give it a try.
And regarding the otm's i think 1-2 trades per candle is sufficient. 

I will try it on demo and see if i can get some itm's :)

Ps do you only take the trade when the candle touches bb 3.75?

#109 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:10 AM

Sounds awesome, i'm gonna give it a try.
And regarding the otm's i think 1-2 trades per candle is sufficient. 

I will try it on demo and see if i can get some itm's :)

Ps do you only take the trade when the candle touches bb 3.75?

You'll be great at it, Fjordmelis - you've got the news trading under control so you'll do fine as you know when to enter and when not to :)

Re BB 3.75 - no, in fact it doesn't seem to hit 3.75 that often. I have an alert on BB (see attached) that's set to 3.0 to tell me something could happen (note the attached is a modified version which actually tells you which pair has triggered - really useful when you have multiple pairs open). Once I get the alert, I set up on binary dot com and then watch the candle on MT4 to see if it heads further out of the BB and trade if I feel happy.

#110 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:10 AM

Here's the indi:

Attached Files

#111 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:16 AM

You'll be great at it, Fjordmelis - you've got the news trading under control so you'll do fine as you know when to enter and when not to :)

Re BB 3.75 - no, in fact it doesn't seem to hit 3.75 that often. I have an alert on BB (see attached) that's set to 3.0 to tell me something could happen (note the attached is a modified version which actually tells you which pair has triggered - really useful when you have multiple pairs open). Once I get the alert, I set up on binary dot com and then watch the candle on MT4 to see if it heads further out of the BB and trade if I feel happy.

Thank you, i will try it! :)

• Jinch likes this

#112 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

I have been playing with this type of trading as well. 

What I have been doing is to use BB 3.5 and use 15min timeframe and expiry is at the end of that candle. I only trade if price cross the 3.5.

Trades are very limited but seem to be pretty accurate. Therefore I thought about using other timeframes and BB 3 maybe.

Still testing but good to someone else also thinks it might be worthwhile.

Good luck guys

• Jinch likes this

#113 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

I have been playing with this type of trading as well. 

What I have been doing is to use BB 3.5 and use 15min timeframe and expiry is at the end of that candle. I only trade if price cross the 3.5.

Trades are very limited but seem to be pretty accurate. There I thought about using other timeframes and BB 3 maybe.

Still testing but good to someone else also thinks it might be worthwhile.

Good luck guys

Good stuff Nickachino. Any idea of a win %?

#114 Nickachino

Nickachino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Good stuff Nickachino. Any idea of a win %?

I need to discipline myself to only take 1 trade per candle and also not to take trades early as sometime the price comes close to the bb and then just retreats and as it goes back the bb repaints and then it looks like a trade but when price was close to bb it never crossed it. This then leads to me sometimes taking trades when price is close to bb.

I will maybe try to get a ITM% on only trades that crossed. Although it should be noted I only trade 06:00-15:30 UTC and also sometimes miss trades in this space.

#115 Jinch

Jinch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

I need to discipline myself to only take 1 trade per candle and also not to take trades early as sometime the price comes close to the bb and then just retreats and as it goes back the bb repaints and then it looks like a trade but when price was close to bb it never crossed it. This then leads to me sometimes taking trades when price is close to bb.

I will maybe try to get a ITM% on only trades that crossed. Although it should be noted I only trade 06:00-15:30 UTC and also sometimes miss trades in this space.

Interesting stuff. I wonder if we should set up a new thread to stop Homero's getting clogged up?

#116 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

Interesting stuff. I wonder if we should set up a new thread to stop Homero's getting clogged up?

You can do that, if you want to? :-)

#117 fjordmelis

fjordmelis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:01 AM

2 otm 1 itm today
f250eac3d019b96f65c5b892a5a6dc1a.png

#118 Shahram

Shahram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

There is an another way to trade the news.

I use 5 minutes chart with 5 minutes expiration. When the news is out and the price moves for example to the upside and breaks the Bollinger band (20 – 2.0) I go long. In the chart I have marked the entry point for EURUSD.

The only bad thing about this strategy is that most of the time the price goes so fast that I don’t get the chance to enter or I get higher price because of the time delay of my broker and fast price movement.

To minimize the risk I place an opposite trade on the last minute before expiry. For example: I went call with 100 USD and let say the pay-out percentage is 85%. My put position on the fourth minute would be 85 USD.

If the price expire above my put price then the profit would be 0 USD. If the price expire below my call price then I lose 15 USD. If the price expire between my call price and put price then I win 157 USD. That’s exactly what I’m hoping for.  

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.