Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:52 PM) Everyone is entitled to an opinion
@  dasa : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) It was an example of a bad deal bins = bad deal
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) *to risk
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) @dasa Read lower, i siad bins is a hobby of mine, not to risk 1M on an offshore broker would be stupidity
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:50 PM) @Barnabee As I said, EVERY business is a gamble
@  HAWK : (29 May 2017 - 03:42 PM) ;)
@  Barnabee : (29 May 2017 - 03:37 PM) the gamble is is theres world war and a nuke drops on his houses
@  Barnabee : (29 May 2017 - 03:37 PM) every business is not gambling, for example i know a person whos business is buying and renting houses, real estate is basically the safest business on the planet
@  dasa : (29 May 2017 - 03:01 PM) because why would any serious businessman risk for example 100000 of their money to win 80000
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:47 PM) Every business is a gamble, so why differentiate it
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM) Alright man, later
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM) Yea bins is basically gambling, that's no prob for me
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) tc
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) movie time :P
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) Oh boy I better stop here I start to sound like loot, lol
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:43 PM) when does dealing with money ends being a gamble ?
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:42 PM) ok there seems to be a general disconnect between gambling vs hobby, or maube gambling can be a hobby
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) heh
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) So how I can stomp you as well?
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) Yes, bins will be there to make some money

Photo

How To Get Verified

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

POPULAR

Are you looking to get your strategy verified? Do you want to gain massive credibility and love from members here? If so then follow the next steps to getting verified.

What is required? A demo or live account with at least 1 month of trading results or 50 trades.

How can I verify it? You will need to share your screen live through join.me with an admin who can go through some of your trades to ensure that the strategy is following the rules you will be posting. We will not share your name, account balances, or any other personal information. It is purely to verify it is your account, whether live or demo account and that the trades are real.

Once you are verified we will add you to the verified section as a poster so that you can post here and answer any questions that members may have.

• neddihrehat, fasih, happyjas and 10 others like this

#2 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Great steps.

Now, some questions brainstormed.

1. Will they have to pay for posting the verified strat?
  2. Do they require a minimum number of posts before being eligible for applying?
  3. Do they have to trade while you are on teamviewer/hangouts/screensharing app?
  4. If not, then do they have to show the screenshots of the chart for every trade?
  5. Either 1 month demo or a minimum of 50 trades, either of them is fine, right?
  6. One can easily do 100 turbo trades on a 30m exp. Whats the rule for that?
  7. Making a separate demo account and Giving the details to you, won't that be enough?
  8. What will you do if that verified strategy fails on next month?
  9. Will it be acceptable if its  a PA strat? I mean what works for me might not work for you. What I see or feel, you won't see/feel the same.
  10. What if its broker dependent? Like a strat that only works for Ayrex or IQ or MW or 24O.. you get the idea.
  11. How good the documentation must be?
  12. more questions coming...

Brainstormed some noob questions, they don't represent myself.

• binarytek likes this
Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#3 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

1) Nope, why would they need to pay if they are very much helping the community?
2) Not at all, as long as the account and trades are verified.
3) They do not, nope.
4) We would go over the strategy live and we would go over charts to ensure the strategy that was used matches what they are doing on the account.
5) Correct, either is fine.
6) Now that is a great question, and I think it needs to be 50 different trades on 50 different expiries.

7) That could work, but i'd rather go over it with them live as well.
8) Verified doesn't mean it's going to work every month, it just means we verified that the account and trades match.  People shouldn't immediately think this is a holy grail, they still need to test it.
9) PA would be hard to verify so I am not sure exactly how that would fly unless they were specific levels that you cannot mess up or misinterpret.

10) Broker dependent is completely fine, it would be listed as such in the thread.
11) Hopefully it would need to be as good as they can make it, but again that is up to them as long as all the rules are shown then they have done their job.

• neddihrehat, devhie, -el- and 2 others like this

#4 hubba hubba

hubba hubba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

my personal opinion, dont let BOE be involved in this verification. Eventually BOE's reputation is on the line and too much is at stake. 

Whatever strategy it is, there will be naysayers. And to make matter worse, the naysayers have the reason to lump the verified strategist and BOE as partners in crime together now.

Worst case scenario, we see covert signal providers coming in as members, getting their strategy verified. And openly decided to setup signal service shop after. Then when they have a poor performance month, BOE would be caught in the shit storm. 

i have read too much of those shitty times over at BOD. i am convinced, despite the goodwill behind this verification, a horde of scammers are waiting to infiltrate via this verification process (Trojan Horse) and wreck havoc.

• neddihrehat, fasih, ac44 and 2 others like this

(This is me) http://www.binaryopt...ctions/?p=71806

(Rules to HH style)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=29766

(Chart illustration)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=69230

(HH style in a glance for new users)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=65109

(My trading journey Jan-Jun 2017) http://www.binaryopt...ed/#entry104700

#5 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

De

my personal opinion, dont let BOE be involved in this verification. Eventually BOE's reputation is on the line and too much is at stake. 

Whatever strategy it is, there will be naysayers. And to make matter worse, the naysayers have the reason to lump the verified strategist and BOE as partners in crime together now.

Worst case scenario, we see covert signal providers coming in as members, getting their strategy verified. And openly decided to setup signal service shop after. Then when they have a poor performance month, BOE would be caught in the shit storm. 

i have read too much of those shitty times over at BOD. i am convinced, despite the goodwill behind this verification, a horde of scammers are waiting to infiltrate via this verification process (Trojan Horse) and wreck havoc.

Despite having this section, there were no strategies since the beginning. Why didn't the scammers target it back then?

But, yeah, good point.

Unless Admins and mods feels good about the strat, they won't approve it. And if it causes problem, they will remove it. No?

Just waiting for something interesting.

#6 eonus

eonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

can you elaborate the signal providing scam a bit further?

I really don't see how having a verified section is any worse than having a bunch of topics that provide no real results that anybody can trust and then using this forum as a means to get followers for their next paid system. This section was my idea because the forums got filled with bunch of systems and strategies (that we all knew would fade away in a few months) and their creators started doing absurd cherry picking of their ITM trades while completely ignoring the losses. The best way to filter them out is to have an option for the humble / modest traders to be able to show results that moderators / admins can verify themselves... but as expected that has yet to happen

• neddihrehat, ialfurnus and iJSmile` like this

#7 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

a really great idea to have a verified section , but i dont think that anyone in their right mind having a mechanical profitable strategy /system will be willing to share their edge for free with no monetary return , thats why we see no verified strategy here ..  profitable traders share tids and bits of their knowledge on the forums, but to expect fully verified strategies handed on a silver platter for all others to follow is not a good idea i think.. :)

its just my personal opinion, and im not arguing with anyone just so everyone know..

happy trading!

• BinaryOptionsTutordotcom, neddihrehat, blackfoil and 2 others like this

#8 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

The best way to filter them out is to have an option for the humble / modest traders to be able to show results that moderators / admins can verify themselves... but as expected that has yet to happen

Agree. Its yet to happen.

profitable traders share tids and bits of their knowledge on the forums, but to expect fully verified strategies handed on a silver platter for all others to follow is not a good idea i think.. :)

I once saw a broker exploit on a random site and it was fixed right away, he was earning money before the exploit was fixed. Same went to GPT sites, every time an exploit was posted on a Bot/gpt forum, it was fixed. Its like free Q/A service to site owners. For bin, A verified 60s can be easily countered with some price manipulation (and given the excuse of different brokers feed). Though IDK if brokers would go through that extent or not.

And, Who wants to share their bread and butter and furthermore verify its worth if its not a MUST?

If David made it a MUST to show their balance before showing their strat, then most strats would end up in strategy development forum instead of posted to 60s forum and updated every 1 week.

• David and fasih like this

#9 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

I got another important question brainstormed.

I use a broker that offers temp no-registration demo (Ayrex, HighLow, Opteck etc..), Say I don't wanna show you my real account name/anything,

In that case,

• Would it be acceptable to show a video?
  • If not the case, then show only a part of screen through Screensharing?
  • If not the case, then Demo account screen shared while they take trades live?
  • If not the case, then When He gets 100 demo trades (O_O) in that temp account (ask mod for a screenshare just right then)?

I think you get the idea.

#10 randy1953

randy1953

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationWashingston, USA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Well I would only use live trades I think you know the reason why..data feeds tend not to be the same plus other factors.

However you can also go to "paint" in windows and edit out what you want to keep private which of course you should do anyhow.

just my 2 cents worth

#11 hubba hubba

hubba hubba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

can you elaborate the signal providing scam a bit further?

I really don't see how having a verified section is any worse than having a bunch of topics that provide no real results that anybody can trust and then using this forum as a means to get followers for their next paid system. This section was my idea because the forums got filled with bunch of systems and strategies (that we all knew would fade away in a few months) and their creators started doing absurd cherry picking of their ITM trades while completely ignoring the losses. The best way to filter them out is to have an option for the humble / modest traders to be able to show results that moderators / admins can verify themselves... but as expected that has yet to happen

#1 cherry coke. 

#2 This is a public forum. Members (including myself) just want to share what we know and how we trade. We post the trades as it is. If there is any 'ambiguity', the readers would move on. Probably they will discredit the thread originator. Let's take me as an example. i started a thread, i post my trades. members come in and said they dont believe my trades. Would i want to give my account details to the forum admin to verify so that i would get more love, cred or respect from members? really? 

i am not sure about how other traders/members feel. i simply want to make some profit on the side, share i what learnt from the forum. Help out the community a little, to the best i can, during my spare time. If there is no love, respect or cred given for what i am doing. It is ok by me because i am doing it out of free will and not for anything else. I am not here for the love, cred, respect or popular contest

Which is why i dont understand the 'filtering' part of your explanation. 

• David, neddihrehat, fasih and 5 others like this

#12 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

#1 cherry coke. 

#2 This is a public forum. Members (including myself) just want to share what we know and how we trade. We post the trades as it is. If there is any 'ambiguity', the readers would move on. Probably they will discredit the thread originator. Let's take me as an example. i started a thread, i post my trades. members come in and said they dont believe my trades. Would i want to give my account details to the forum admin to verify so that i would get more love, cred or respect from members? really? 

i am not sure about how other traders/members feel. i simply want to make some profit on the side, share i what learnt from the forum. Help out the community a little, to the best i can, during my spare time. If there is no love, respect or cred given for what i am doing. It is ok by me because i am doing it out of free will and not for anything else. I am not here for the love, cred, respect or popular contest

Which is why i dont understand the 'filtering' part of your explanation. 

i am not sure though who dont believe your trades, as far as i know, majority of members here, inc me , respect and love your sharing! :)

• deetop likes this

#13 hubba hubba

hubba hubba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

i am not sure though who dont believe your trades, as far as i know, majority of members here, inc me , respect and love your sharing! :)

cool bro ! wasnt exactly commenting about myself but rather as one of the many thread originator. 

so far everyone is cool with me and vice versa. and i appreciate that, thanks !

Except for that one lad that suggested (via PM) that i explain my trades in better english. :lol:  :D !!!  

• fasih and deetop like this

#14 ivand21

ivand21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hi all,

excuse me, a couple of questions...

-but using the MT4 for trading (also on BO with some brokers), there is the investor password that allow to check the trades made in that account... and this work both for live and demo accounts...

so, in the case of MT4 trading, don't should be enough to use the investor password in order to check an account trades?

-I don't well understand if is allowed to share strategies that are not for free.

I have/I use some my own EAs in real trading... and I use them also in some my customers accounts, and I share profits with they.

So I'm also able to let check my account in live in any way (I always allow check the EA work to every new or current customer, and also discuss with they about money management in order to set the EA for their specific esigence)... however I share profits with customers that want use my EAs (I'm working to open mam account, website, etc etc etc)... so basically it is not completely for free.

Thus, do you will allow share this?

I hope you will understand my English.

Regards

#15 blackfoil

blackfoil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationIn your Heart ! LoL

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:06 AM

What Fasih said is right , Ned also speaking truth , suppose we have a 60s money machine and its shared and verified over here , broker agents can crawl in and can easily manipulate stuffs which they can, to stop us having the edge.

Instead of verifying the strategies better mark the strategies and their threads which are useless and are dead now and better delete/hide them , this way only things under progression would float up, which would also help the new comers from deviating from their main goal and wasting their time in testing things which does not work.

• fasih likes this

#16 luca1073

luca1073

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

i'm in favour of verified strategies. they may help filter out a lot of crap  :D

it wouldn't mean that the unverified ones would be bad though also because the verified ones would be just a few but at least a bit more solid to start with

• iJSmile` likes this

#17 bo_peruser

bo_peruser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

My 2 cents...

Asking for sharing a persons HolyGrail or Golden Goose strategy to verify is not going to be practical..  As you can infer the outcome of this thread (not a single soul shared his own HG for verification in this thread for years now).. Our first step/goal should be if there really exists such strategies (I for one believe it does exist and im almost there ;)  ).. For that we should just ask for one/two months trade results in myfxbook or fxblue. 

This way those who do have such strategies will come forward and get identified, sharing not the strategy but a verified result of the strategy, that will really encourage member traders with positive hope. this also negates the broker data manipulation as pointed out blackfoil.. By myfxbook or fxblue one can clearly make out if its a turbotrade or different trades, or even if its a martingale system, Admin needs to make a rule that their trading history tab in those analytic tool needs to be public.. this also takes care of doubts/concern as posted by ivand21

once we we reach this stage - admin or members can come up with some good second step ( which i have no idea right now - something like deconstructing trades or approach the trader or whatever).

The only drawback with this is the respective trader may indulge in future signal business or commercializing their strategy once they gain a credibility using forum.

#18 ivand21

ivand21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hi,

sorry for my English... and this don't allowed me to be sure about what I undrestood in your messages.

Anyway if I understood something, then...

yes I'm surely available to let access to my (and mine customers) accounts, also directly in my pc... I already do this... and this is always needs, in order to do any evaluation and take any decision about trading.

And also because... honestly I don't believe in the 'holygrail', or better I have a different think about... 'holygrail' should means something that allow 100% of winner trades, and honestly I don't believe it exist... while a good strategy, so based on a complete plan of trading and defining well everything, then it can give a good chance to don't burn the account, and to keep stable profits (so in my opinion, an 'holygrail' can exist only in these terms).

So, it is always need to analize a strategy and/or its results, also because one of the most considerations have to be the money management... since in my opinion, the key for a good and stable trading, is to manage the losses over than the strategy... so it is not enough the tests, but also future bad cases (don't showed by tests in previous history) have to be forecast, and then establish how to face some future bad case... thus, money management have to forecast also the future bad cases. Otherwise, any system that seems good, before or after will fail, and we will lost money and time also.

So I wish you to apply safe trading, and don't look at the 'holygrail'.

I stop here, since there are too many considerations that can be done about the argument.

About verified strategies... as I told, I believe that investor password of MT4, is already a good way to check the accounts... and this no need of admins. However I don't know if admins allow to share these on the forum. So let us know if investor password can be shared or not directly on the forum... and if there are any limitations... since i.e. as I told, I use my EAs in my customers account, but sharing profits, so basically and honestly, mine is not for free (but also no any fix fee, for now).

So admins, let us know something about.

Best regards

Ivan

P.S. However it seems that it is allowed to post results... so I attach an excel file that show an optimization results of a my EA...

optimization has been done on M5 timeframes (and trades also have M5 expiry), however it can be used on others timeframes also, and I use it also on M1 in real(I will post M1 too)...

accuray is good, since I already considered 'candle closing to candle closing' for trading (it is more accurate rather than candle 'opening to closing'... since opening time might be not always exact at 0 seconds... while closing time is always exact)...

optimization has been done on 6 months...

this is only a part of the complete optimization, since the complete have about 900.000  passes (different settings), and complete file it's about 250MB :) , so I already cutted results leaving only the more interesting and especially the safest ones (max risk 8$ and 24$... starting trades by 1$).

For any question let me know.

P.S.S. If neither results, test or optimizations cannot be shared, then let me know and I'll delete it. Regards again.

P.S.S. excel file (nor csv) cannot be uploaded, so I attached the txt, but opening it into excel, you'll be able to add the filter in order to sort the results in accord to you preferences.

Attached Files

#19 bo_peruser

bo_peruser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

@Ivan,  My bad if my post lead anyone into Holygrail 100% ITMS possibility.. no the topic is not about that.. What I meant was having a great strategy giving very high winrate, most Importantly a consistent day by day profit with minimal losses and a good applied MM.

Coming back to your post, myfxbook and fxblue are third party online automated analytical tool for your forex/binary trading account and a social forex community where you can use your investor password to display your trades safely to world. Here let make myself clear i am not working for either of these and just a trader like many of us here. these two are the credible one that i know of that even admin and mods can vouch. 
this way you don't even have to post the txt or excel file here, just need to give your third party link that anyone can view. All you have to do is use your trading account (demo or live) using investor password and few other publishing parameters (you have to do it only once for each account), rest it will take care of publishing your trading behind the scene. so you are not giving away any strategy here, just your actual trades. hope this helps. 

Anyone will be able verify your trading records online just by clicking your link with current status..  this way its more credible than attaching excel sheet here(which can be manipulated to show good or bad results).. hope you get my point.

#20 ivand21

ivand21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

@bo_peruser, hi and thanks,

yes I'm agree...

yes strategy that can provide an high winrate as more as possible, surely is always good... but also having normal winrates but supported by a good money-management, might keep stable profits.

Obviously all we hope to find the highest winrates :).

Yes I know myfxbook, but honestly I don't look or enter on it by some years... while I don't know fxblue.

And anyway I'm agree with you, and also myfxbook can be good... as I told in fact, an investor password to check the real trades done into an account, is a clear checking.

Since I'm busy making several things, developing/testing/etc others EAs, developing website, etc etc, I will come back also to myfxbook.

At this moment, I allow who interested, to access in my pc and live account/s (also my customers that I manage) in order to check, and also providing the MT4 investor password.

While about an excel file... yes I'm agree that this can matter nothingh, and this is true especially for normal trading... while on BO it can be different, since probably you know that fxlite plug-in don't allow the trade functions during the tests... so basically, during the tests your results will be 0 trades... thus, differents ways need to be applied in order to test an EA on BO, anyway all of them simulate the trades using itm/otm counters usually... but personally, other than the counters, I use also the file functions, that create automatically a file with every result that I want... so in this way, I'm able to have a my own tester-stragy-results, but results can be seen in the excel.

There is then another way to by-pass this problem that don't allow to make trades in the tester.

So I'm agree that an excel file cannot matter nothing... however we don't forget that we're talking about BO in MT4... and thus, we need some other ways to have complete results that are not showed in the built-in MT4 tester.

Greatest part of BO EAs, show ITM/OTM counters and some other little details, while I preferr to have all details that I want :)... but especially, this way allow me to do the optimizations.

So for this reason I have the excel files... so I have results like in buil-in mt4 tester, that don't show test results for BO... but anyway I can understand your doubts, however as told, who interested, I will leave access to live account in order to check.

But anyway... myfxbook link or mt4 investor password... can be shared here?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Ivan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.