Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  Svalbard : (27 June 2017 - 01:50 PM) +128 pips still climbing
@  Svalbard : (27 June 2017 - 01:48 PM) anyone else been riding EU all day?
@  Florent : (27 June 2017 - 12:40 PM) what is myfxbook
@  LorenzoPP : (27 June 2017 - 12:36 PM) scam. ask them if they have a myfxbook
@  Florent : (27 June 2017 - 12:33 PM) yes i saw the post earlier but thats why i asked if they are legit or not, because once i asked them why is it 360$ so cheap if it gives that accuracy they blocked me
@  LorenzoPP : (27 June 2017 - 12:31 PM) http://www.binaryopt...edo/?hl=altredo
@  Florent : (27 June 2017 - 12:26 PM) guys what do you think about altredo indicators, they are selling a indicator at 360$
@  prasadFx : (27 June 2017 - 11:34 AM) guys when the trading room live starts
@  quinvis : (27 June 2017 - 11:08 AM) can any 1 tell me why the charts on mt4 and the brokers differ? 24option and iq option. please help
@  kalc : (27 June 2017 - 10:47 AM) Particular when price enters Covfefe phase
@  kalc : (27 June 2017 - 10:46 AM) I must admit. I make lots of moneyfefe with Covfefe
@  kalc : (27 June 2017 - 10:45 AM) Lorenzo please. Do not compromise the Covfefe
@  LorenzoPP : (27 June 2017 - 10:42 AM) omg i fogot it, here the best strategy in the universe: https://www.forexfac...t=670836&page=8
@  kalc : (27 June 2017 - 10:29 AM) Best indicator is Covfefe indicator
@  zeeshan ali : (27 June 2017 - 09:43 AM) @lorenzoPP candeltime where i dowland? you are italian?
@  LorenzoPP : (27 June 2017 - 09:41 AM) candletime is the best
@  gc.vanas89 : (27 June 2017 - 09:31 AM) Best indicator = Price Action... Naked Chart trading
@  zeeshan ali : (27 June 2017 - 09:22 AM) best indicator mt4 for binary option?
@  shaileshm : (27 June 2017 - 06:07 AM) okay
@  arbab20 : (27 June 2017 - 06:03 AM) top right corner search box

Photo

PA only thread (NO indicators)

Price action

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#1 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

POPULAR

Placeholder for a binary options PA only thread, everyone's welcome but no indis allowed :)
Any kind of expiries allowed but will probably myself focus on 15-30m expiries.
Only indicator allowed is volume because it is static and not dependant on previous data.
Please post your trade ideas with a logical explanation on why trades were taken at valid PA areas and not around BS random candle moves.

P.S. Trading PA is not a "strategy", as such I doubt it can be coded, so let's focus on manual trading, no deviations into all kinds of additions please.
  • neddihrehat, MasterBlaster, andynm and 23 others like this

In order to become successful, first stop doing what unsuccessful people do.

#2 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

At last, a Pure PA thread.

• neju74, chamoda123 and wags like this
Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#3 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

I have some questions regarding this thread before me/someone else posts something stupid.

0. Any kind of chart is allowed, Bar/Candlestick/Renko/OHL/Line, right? Then what about HA, its not an Indi, rather a charting system.

1. Is Market Profile/Volume Profile allowed?

2. Is Fib/Trendline etc chart elements allowed?

3. Patterns like Pin bar and Engulfing allowed?

3.1. Double tops, bottoms, Triangles etc allowed?

3.2. Harmonics are a different level stuff, and I think they should have a different thread, but are they allowed here too?

4. Manually drawn Support resistence and Supply Demand allowed?

5. What about Market gap? Is that allowed too?

6. SMA, EMA etc are Disallowed, right?

Basically that sums up 80% questions, I think.

• Matt-Dawg and traderocks like this

#4 Matt-Dawg

Matt-Dawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

I have some questions regarding this thread before me/someone else posts something stupid.

0. Any kind of chart is allowed, Bar/Candlestick/Renko/OHL/Line, right? Then what about HA, its not an Indi, rather a charting system.

3.2. Harmonics are a different level stuff, and I think they should have a different thread, but are they allowed here too?

i think from 0 - 5 should be aloud.. anything other than those shouldnt be aloud.. Lets see what Tri says..

• traderocks likes this

#5 888mdo888

888mdo888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

this is good idea.. I will follow this thread

• KertSantana likes this

#6 yawyks

yawyks

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys, make this the best place - a home - to learn PA for fellas like me who knows nuts about PA - (believe me makes me and hameed groggy whenever we attempt it with h2x style.)

Post many chart examples of the PA trades you made and write comprehensive commentary why those trades were taken. Since I am a learner of this stuff, hope you don't mind I ask challenging questions whose purpose is not to belittle but to find out the whys behind the thought process.

Thanks for your contributions, for bearing with our goofiness and for teaching us PA stuff that some of you guys have shown that you're real good at. Lastly, don't limit it to BO only, do include forex ideas too.
  • neddihrehat, MasterBlaster and KertSantana like this
Moving on............再见

#7 Matt-Dawg

Matt-Dawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

wow yawyks your comment reeks with sarcasm bro..lol

#8 hubba hubba

hubba hubba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

Please post your trade ideas with a logical explanation on why trades were taken at valid PA areas and not around BS random candle moves.

P.S. Trading PA is not a "strategy", as such I doubt it can be coded, so let's focus on manual trading, no deviations into all kinds of additions please.

what ! no BS random candle moves ?  :o

i thrive over those moves  :D

• fasih, luca1073 and Nacker7 like this

(This is me) http://www.binaryopt...ctions/?p=71806

(Rules to HH style)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=29766

(Chart illustration)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=69230

(HH style in a glance for new users)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=65109

(My trading journey Jan-Jun 2017) http://www.binaryopt...ed/#entry104700

#9 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

Basically the idea is to use a bare chart (bars, candlesticks, HA, whatever) and you can draw as much as you want, manually. That includes all the drawing tools (lines, fibo, fork, channels and you name it), which are in fact no indicators but simple tools. Of course using such tools you can absolutely define pattern or formations like you mention.

The idea is to keep things very simple, so things like harmonics (I doubt you want to draw those manually), market profile and similar will not only clutter your charts but will also interfere with the idea of trying to find interesting PA areas in advance based on something that exists vs a hypothetical invisible level that should trigger price movement. This thread is not about arguing about any method, instead trying to work on tangible chart data. KEEP IT SIMPLE, do you really need harmonics to get you an ITM ? Do you really need MAs ? That is the purpose of this simple thread.

@yawyks, why is the thread about bins ? Because the is already an excellent spot forex thread on here and nothing prevents us from posting PA only stuff on there too right ?
Also the challenge is a bit different with timing expiries correctly vs profit taking and cutting losses, and like Master Swede already mentioned the challenge there is not always to find a good entry but when to let run etc.
  • neddihrehat, traderocks and ZeusDCS like this

#10 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

what ! no BS random candle moves ? :o
i thrive over those moves :D

I'm sorry, it was not my intention to sound disrespectful, and I think you know how much I respect your contributions and approach :)
It's just that the aim is to try and get people trade "blindly" and to make them realize they maybe are not so blind in the end.
While your approach relies heavily on PA I think you want to see how one (or more) candle evolve during it's lifespan once your attention has been triggered by an indicator, and there's nothing wrong with that as you proved it many times already.

Here the apprach is to pre-define interesting trade opportunities in advance, but who knows it can maybe make a serious combination :) people are free to try out too themselves, just that here indicators are not welcome.
  • Evil Hippie's Dad likes this

#11 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

to start the posting of trades , here is the one i took yesterday .. price was trending down hard , and it halted a bit at the level i have drawn, b4 punching down hard again.. i knew that was a significant level.. then the green bar came bouncing up and was highly reluctant at the s turned r line, hence the put..

http://snag.gy/iIQba.jpg

• traderocks likes this

#12 hubba hubba

hubba hubba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:54 AM

I'm sorry, it was not my intention to sound disrespectful, and I think you know how much I respect your contributions and approach :)
It's just that the aim is to try and get people trade "blindly" and to make them realize they maybe are not so blind in the end.
While your approach relies heavily on PA I think you want to see how one (or more) candle evolve during it's lifespan once your attention has been triggered by an indicator, and there's nothing wrong with that as you proved it many times already.

Here the apprach is to pre-define interesting trade opportunities in advance, but who knows it can maybe make a serious combination :) people are free to try out too themselves, just that here indicators are not welcome.

hey no Tripack. not offended in anyway. just messing around  :P  :D  :lol:

(This is me) http://www.binaryopt...ctions/?p=71806

(Rules to HH style)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=29766

(Chart illustration)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=69230

(HH style in a glance for new users)  http://www.binaryopt...5-mins/?p=65109

(My trading journey Jan-Jun 2017) http://www.binaryopt...ed/#entry104700

#13 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

I'm gonna report these two guys to Mods... Hubba Hubba for messing around and Tripack for taking that seriously...

I have some trades which I took past week, and shared those in the shoutbox a while ago, but waiting for next week.

#14 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:50 AM

A couple of examples.

LZmzoGj.png

This one was a live trade that I managed to capture on screenshot as it happened. This level was set up way in advance.

34LqUFB.png

This one is just an example about drawing in advance a potential level of interest with serious odds that it somehow reacts because it is highly visible.

aFVJzOK.png

Finally this is a simple trend following example for which you can draw a level in advance.

• traderpusa, swanny, mrfubzeycz and 4 others like this

#15 888mdo888

888mdo888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

ok. now I learn to see another approach of  snr level. because usually I just look for breaking the level. now I see the pull to the level signal

#16 andynm

andynm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

@Tripack: I'd love to learn more about how you use volume, I'll wait for future examples :)

Do you always draw S&R lines on your trading timeframe, or do you look for them on higher timeframes too?

• traderocks likes this

#17 -el-

-el-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationMakassar

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

8ffbd374a11c024c7f30d1bf88e10b27.pngMaster T, wht volumes actually do in this kind of setup, i mean how to use them? and bout the chart, any particular reason u didnt trade on that yellow line zone?

Thanks 

• mrfubzeycz likes this

#18 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

8ffbd374a11c024c7f30d1bf88e10b27.pngMaster T, wht volumes actually do in this kind of setup, i mean how to use them? and bout the chart, any particular reason u didnt trade on that yellow line zone?
Thanks

Hi el and andynm, do not focus on volume, in fact I can even remove volume completely.
In this particular trade volume had nothing to do with it.
Volume can be interesting to watch when you want to confirm a trend entry like in my 3rd example due to effort vs result, but not a necessity nor a strategy as such, it is more of a potential confirming factor in some cases.
For a short read on the subject, look for a pdf called "volume and divergence" by Gail Mercer, although based on futures and exchange based assets, the concept is interesting.

The reason I did not consider the yellow zone is because I was sleeping at that time :)
  • andynm, -el- and mrfubzeycz like this

#19 -el-

-el-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationMakassar

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

6e3430085c0169de0e54055e575cb2da.png

Please bear with me with some very basic and silly questions.

Assuming that u PUT on the arrow (no.3), for 4 bars expiry and may be this was a M5 chart, like u usually do, then:

a. ok this was a down trend, how to initiate this kind of trade/setup? draw that support line (no.1) first and then wait how price behave when they touch it? if so, wht kind of behavior we should pay attention to?

b. wht was ur analizing process and conclude not to trade on the No.4 zone?

c. same with point b, wht was ur analyzing process to decide that price on No.2-No.3 zone will bounce back?

sorry for the bad structure of my language, hope u can understand them.

Thanks

• Tripack, swede, nevils and 1 other like this

#20 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Hey el, good questions, I’ll try to explain how I see this the best I can.
This example is a zoomed in portion of a random trade opportunity that I took to illustrate the thread and was not a live trade. But …

a. You say it was a down trend, are you sure ? How can you be sure the orange area there is not exactly sitting at the bottom of a range, without zooming out enough ?
Your first job is to make an assessment of the situation by trying to determine if the asset is trending or ranging. I agree that this can be discretionary and subject to judgement mistakes.

b. Let’s assume that you decided it’s a downtrend with a lot of bandwidth below the price there, so you have “downtrend” in your mind, why the heck would you take a call at the no.4 zone ? If you think downtrend and decide to take a call, you are reducing your odds of landing an itm. Try to stay consistent with your rationale.

c. Same with point be, you decided you were looking for puts and here you are looking for a good excuse to take it. Ok maybe that won’t happen before the context changes, but at least you have a planned trade in mind. Plan your trade and trade your plan.
Of course due to many factors, random or not, you may need to cope with an otm and that’s a big chunk of our job too…

• -el- and ZeusDCS like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Price action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.