Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bugmenot01 : (09 July 2020 - 05:09 AM) site running unauthorized scripts causes refresh
@  roopem : (09 July 2020 - 12:11 AM) Also this site is refreshing automatically every second, someone needs to fix it
@  roopem : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 PM) The renko builder of MTH2014 does nothing no renko drawn, I have allowed dlls
@  traderpusa : (08 July 2020 - 04:04 PM) Most if not all of uncle sw had a time limit.
@  kalc : (08 July 2020 - 05:23 AM) @roopem didnt use renko much so not sure mate, whats the error?
@  roopem : (08 July 2020 - 02:16 AM) Does anyone know why the renko builder from MTH2014 doesn't work?
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 09:04 AM) trading has made me fat anyway TP ha ha
@  traderpusa : (02 July 2020 - 06:52 AM) @kalc, getting more fat every day under quarantine lol
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:01 AM) and by the way if that guy trys to sell you stuff dont buy it, he's just ripped off some indi's over at forex-station lol its all freely available
@  kalc : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 AM) lol hey TP hows it going young man
@  traderpusa : (01 July 2020 - 01:53 PM) So is the market lol
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) yall are savage :D
@  David : (30 June 2020 - 08:00 AM) haha
@  Sambo : (29 June 2020 - 05:04 PM) If there's one thing i've learned, it's that the most profitable traders are the least boastful.
@  happyjas : (27 June 2020 - 09:50 PM) We understand what took place, you won a lot of money and bought a new "BMW M4 cake", you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and sounded like this: "My name is my name, if you ask me again I'll tell you the same, I won a lot of money, and already shove it on my candy back-end, but there's one problem, everyone knows already that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK."
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:43 PM) the R8 Audi thing -_-
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:42 PM) :unsure: 'Can't afford the BM thing, 'just got the 2018 Audi 2016 :(
@  happyjas : (26 June 2020 - 05:41 PM) :unsure: 'Ca
@  Dyabolus : (26 June 2020 - 03:45 AM) so were u verified by David at last? how about that 'pic'
@  David : (25 June 2020 - 04:48 PM) sure post a pic

Photo

BB Breakout Expert Advisor Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#1 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

POPULAR

This thread is born from the great work by Lingsord, Holyfire and everyone that has contributed to the BB breakout strategies.

Great reading and learnings can be found on those threads here and here.

The focus of this thread is to discuss and refine multiple EA strategies that have the BB breakout at their core. This discussion has been brewing in LB's thread for quite some time but the discussion is beginning to wonder a little too far from the original post and distract the conversation there.

We should welcome all EA's that involve BB breakouts.

Here's mine :)

• swanny, sehanw, skyler and 8 others like this

#2 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

POPULAR

MaxZen EA

Here are the settings that can be used to refine this EA. Note that it can also be used as a strategy tester because it presents results on the chart and in the journal.

If you don't know how to use EA's please don't ask here - instead just Google it. There are plenty of very easy to follow videos on Youtube :)

My aim is to find settings that can deliver ~5-10 trades per day at +60% ITM with few 'step 4 losses' (OTM). Because I am shooting for very few trades a day across multiple pairs and time frames, I can be very conservative on the settings for each pair. For example, if I trade 5 pairs on 5m and 15m TF's then I have 10 charts to trade from. That means less than one trade per day from each would suffice.

I have had an EA built by a developer on MQL5.com. I have spent the last few weeks refining it and making sure everything works as I want. I am open to people making suggestions as to how it can be improved and I will share any changes I make as a result of suggestions, but please don't view your suggestions as 'requests' that I should be obliged to take on board :)

Here is the EA

Settings

Magic Number: This has to be unique for every chart that you run the EA on. Please make sure you change this for every pair you are trading.

NumberTriing

The number of times the EA will try to place a trade if brokers rejects attempts. The are a few microseconds between each trade attempt.

Amount

Money management amounts.

Strategies

Use the ‘Strategy’ Option to toggle between the two options. Use the settings variable below that option to refine the strategy chosen.

Strategy 1

Place orders when X consecutive bars close outside the BB. Setting to 1 will run the classic strategy and take every trade. Setting to 2 will skip the first bar outside of BB and open trade only if the very next bar is outside also.

Strategy 2

Place orders when X signals have past. Setting ‘NumberSignals’ to 1 will run the classic strategy and take every trade. Setting to 2 will ignore the first trade – win or loss – and open the potential trade (i.e. when bar closes outside BB).

Volatility Filter

This is designed to filter in/out trades when extreme price changes occur in a short period. You can discard trades when the signal candle is x% larger than the preceding Y candles. For example – do not trade based on a signal candle that is 200% larger than the average of preceeding 15 candles. If you want to avoid scenarios such as the above, set ‘UseMaxVolatity’ to true. If you want to only trade extreme price changes, set ‘UseMaxVolatity’ to false. Using the same example, you will only trade based on a signal candle that is 200% larger than the average of preceeding 15 candles.

MinutesStop

The number of seconds that trading will be paused for if a series of losses occur.

TimeFilter

Times for trading.

StopTradingDailyProfit

Sets a profit target for each day and stops trading when it is reached. DailyProfit is a %. ProfitReward is the return that your broker provides on the pair you are trading (i.e. 80% in eur/usd with CLM).

Visual Count

This is the count of trades in the top left corner. You can run this EA in strategy tester visual mode and see results totalled here. Note that you can also see results presented in the journal tab. The final line will present the same totals once the test is complete

Other

There are the usual obvious settings for things like indicator settings, colour, alerts etc. 

• neddihrehat, simon1, swanny and 19 others like this

#3 PG275

PG275

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:19 AM

Brilliant work MaxZen. Will demo it live n check results.

#4 sehanw

sehanw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

Great Work MaxZen,

have you already found any good settings??

Thanks a lot...  :)

#5 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:55 AM

Great Work MaxZen,

have you already found any good settings??

Thanks a lot...  :)

I'm hoping people will contribute in this way :) I asked for help in the LB thread when I first mentioned the EA but got almost no response... I want to contribute positively here but equally want this to be a collaborative effort where I'm not alone in putting in all the effort...

That said, here's where I have got to so far. Note that the dates might be exact but all tests were circa 1 year.

b2c6cb48a36f56dba3132427035bf35f.png

• simon1, sehanw, ken_le_franc and 3 others like this

#6 yawyks

yawyks

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Max, not no response but was bogged down past 2 wks testing 2 variations, ie HF indi and SilverDream idea both has potential but still have some niggling issues. My target is 70% so that its safer when use with progressive MM. Headway is painstakingly slow becos when certain abnormalities appear need to make itenary changes.
  • MaxZen likes this
Moving on............再见

#7 Robz

Robz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

I would really like to provide the same back test stats as you to the thread, where can I get years worth of trades to test against? I can only go back 2 weeks when testing . Thanks . I would be happy to try different settings and post the results here.

#8 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:10 AM

I would really like to provide the same back test stats as you to the thread, where can I get years worth of trades to test against? I can only go back 2 weeks when testing . Thanks . I would be happy to try different settings and post the results here.

Google 'importing history data in to MT4'. You import it on to History Centre (F2) :)

• Robz likes this

#9 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

Max, not no response but was bogged down past 2 wks testing 2 variations, ie HF indi and SilverDream idea both has potential but still have some niggling issues. My target is 70% so that its safer when use with progressive MM. Headway is painstakingly slow becos when certain abnormalities appear need to make itenary changes.

All good Y :) I wasn't calling anyone out - just making the point that I don't want to be the only one with skin in the game here :)

I'm following both of those threads with interest too!

Moderators: Perhaps an area for EA threads is on order? Silverdream is doing good stuff and I've seen talk  of EA's in other threads too.

My thread is not specifically for any time frame but I put it in 5m category as that's were I've started my explorations.

#10 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

Max, not no response but was bogged down past 2 wks testing 2 variations, ie HF indi and SilverDream idea both has potential but still have some niggling issues. 

BTW- Has HF's thread been moved?.. I can't find it anymore...

#11 sehanw

sehanw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:44 AM

Hi MaxZen.

I'm demoying Live your EA and it missed some of the trade opportunities...

9bd63eeb25073f10d22c4fe19d6231e4.png

daf87e8f145c38eab8736d5492f5ac56.png

#12 yawyks

yawyks

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

BTW- Has HF's thread been moved?.. I can't find it anymore...

I didn't notice it. My guess is HF requested that his thread be deleted. The beta test for feedback is over and if u want it u hv to pay a price.
Moving on............再见

#13 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

Hi MaxZen.

I'm demoying Live your EA and it missed some of the trade opportunities...

9bd63eeb25073f10d22c4fe19d6231e4.png

daf87e8f145c38eab8736d5492f5ac56.png

Can you post a picture of the settings used?

#14 sehanw

sehanw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

Can you post a picture of the settings used?

This was the settings... maybe my internet connection gone offline.. not sure about it..

617478661371d862e0f864d1da14b9b4.png

#15 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

This was the settings... maybe my internet connection gone offline.. not sure about it..

617478661371d862e0f864d1da14b9b4.png

The first one was not taken because you have MinuteStop=5 after 1 Loss so it ignored the trade.

I'm not sure about the other two.. What pair and time were you trading?

#16 -el-

-el-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationMakassar

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

https://gyazo.com/c6...3615263ef0d8b23

https://gyazo.com/42...9e0c4ab85cc7f48

https://gyazo.com/c3...e6018489c7b5f9a

max, i want to run some backtest but i cant find 'Visual Count' u mentined above. May be i missed somethng? :rolleyes:

#17 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

It still have delay, sometimes 3 sec, sometimes 4 sec :/ I think becouse its based on tick

#18 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

https://gyazo.com/c6...3615263ef0d8b23

https://gyazo.com/42...9e0c4ab85cc7f48

https://gyazo.com/c3...e6018489c7b5f9a

max, i want to run some backtest but i cant find 'Visual Count' u mentined above. May be i missed somethng? :rolleyes:

When you run the EA in strategy tester you will see results on charts. Just run and you will see :)

• -el- likes this

#19 MaxZen

MaxZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

It still have delay, sometimes 3 sec, sometimes 4 sec :/ I think becouse its based on tick

I've been running for days now and haven't seen any lag.. Definitely not in the order of seconds...

#20 skyler

skyler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

I think EA based on this code would be great, could you modofication it for simple EA? There are so much options :D I would like to only martingale, hours and bolinger bands options. I think its will be perfect :)

Just simple and clear. Candle outside bolinger bands - take trade. When fails do martingale. Trade only selected hours. Thats all :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.