Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  karabo : (20 June 2019 - 08:18 AM) any good coders here to help ,having a good manual strategy ,hilding good results for the longest time ,need it to give alerts and not get all glued to screen.I have screen shots to prove results
@  vdsrilanka : (20 June 2019 - 03:14 AM) adx crossing
@  Tripack : (19 June 2019 - 09:10 AM) I think FSA maintains a list of blacklisted brokers
@  jvcernado : (19 June 2019 - 08:21 AM) Trader from japan. would you mind help me what is the best broker to use from here please?
@  traderpusa : (19 June 2019 - 12:12 AM) a bit far from Manila lol
@  jvcernado : (18 June 2019 - 11:45 PM) I live in Cagayan de oro. Mindanao Currently living in Japan bro
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2019 - 10:59 PM) great, whereabouts in PH ? I live in Taguig, Manila
@  jvcernado : (18 June 2019 - 10:40 PM) New Here Looking forward to be with you traders.. I am a Filipino trader
@  traderpusa : (18 June 2019 - 06:43 AM) not bad for Canada lol
@  karthik123 : (18 June 2019 - 06:37 AM) kikos v3
@  happyjas : (18 June 2019 - 06:34 AM) @ktp, no more snow since 2nd week of May :lol:
@  happyjas : (18 June 2019 - 06:33 AM) 14 deg C now here in Dieppe NB
@  happyjas : (18 June 2019 - 06:33 AM) [url="https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/new-brunswick/dieppe"]https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/new-brunswick/dieppe[/url]
@  mKristo : (17 June 2019 - 01:43 PM) https://youtu.be/9mj14oj1tAc
@  gabek : (17 June 2019 - 12:22 PM) http://www.binaryopt...ual-world-2018/
@  mirko88 : (17 June 2019 - 08:33 AM) no repaint
@  traderpusa : (16 June 2019 - 09:57 PM) how is life in Canada ? Slowly defrosting lol.
@  traderpusa : (16 June 2019 - 09:57 PM) daughter starts school tomorrow, son only in August (college)
@  traderpusa : (16 June 2019 - 09:56 PM) so still on the move a lot this month.
@  traderpusa : (16 June 2019 - 09:56 PM) then possibly a week to Subic.

Photo

Start the week with almost always money in your wallet

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#41 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

I had a chat with directfx support but they do not have 15m expiries.

They have the following though:

60 seconds = 75%

5 minutes = 75%

10 minutes = 70%

30 minutes = 70%

60 minutes = 70%

They may add 15m expiries at a later date.

I dont know what they are talkiing about but if you look at trade I posted the second trade was taken on 15m expiry on gdmfx.Prob new mt4 tool dosnt have 15m since I didnt try it.

Regards

Singh

"The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me rod while teaching."
- Jesse Livermore

My Youtube channel for trading videos -  https://www.youtube....user/mindpl4y3r

#42 mdnazri

mdnazri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

I dont know what they are talkiing about but if you look at trade I posted the second trade was taken on 15m expiry on gdmfx.Prob new mt4 tool dosnt have 15m since I didnt try it.

Regards

Singh

Singh,

Read properly. It's directfx broker not gdmfx.

#43 mdnazri

mdnazri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

I dont know how you backtested but my results on EURUSD are totally different. I backtested one year of data on 15m TF and got 87,5%

That's because you are using a different MT4 broker. I backtested using FinFX MT4 and then compare it again with GDMFX for 24th May 2015 market open.

FinFX: http://gyazo.com/a47...b641793d58fb036(Loss)

GDMFX: http://gyazo.com/68c...31f2d3a3cf4b16d(Win)

How is this possible? I don't know.

#44 lalcal

lalcal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

It is not possible, the only explanation propably is that the broker handling the graphics in your favor, that is serious and very serious.

#45 wcpwouts

wcpwouts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

that's very weird. If you look at the rest of the candles, there are differences too. Looks like FinFX is causing this difference. I always traded bins on the site of a broker itself and use MT4 as my charts, never traded directly through MT4. So for the server of my charts i use XM.com demo account. My charts look exactly the same as the screenshot of GDMFX, so it also shows as a winner for me. So odds say that FinFX is the problem.

#46 lalcal

lalcal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

I have been finfx, and for my surprisse they are registered in Cysec.. Incredible, two differents results in finfx and Gdmfx. Finfx looks great scammers with this manipulations. I do not know why Cysec not watch theese strange brokers and theirs horrible practisings.

#47 digitrader

digitrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

My 4ish months backtest on E/U was 3 loses 12 wins and 2 non tradeable situations.Non tradeable = where sunday opening candle does not have enough distance from friday closing candle to make a decison on the direction.

I think 5m is the same as 15m as well.I might give it a live try on this sunday with $500 or 1k live trade,Lets see what happens.

Regards

Singh

Singh, how many pips do you see as a gap and did you use for backtesting?

#48 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

That's because you are using a different MT4 broker. I backtested using FinFX MT4 and then compare it again with GDMFX for 24th May 2015 market open.

FinFX: http://gyazo.com/a47...b641793d58fb036(Loss)

GDMFX: http://gyazo.com/68c...31f2d3a3cf4b16d(Win)

How is this possible? I don't know.

When I back tested I used gdmfx,noafx as binary providers and I also used some big names in forex such as Ig.com , Oanda.com and all these brokers price feed was same give and take a pip or so.So finfx could be at fault here.

Just check same price on another broker you will know.

Singh, how many pips do you see as a gap and did you use for backtesting?

I didnt watch in respect of pips all I want is that price have to open above or close the friday candle can be anywhere from 5pips or above.

Regards

Singh

- Jesse Livermore

#49 somtec

somtec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Not sure about finfx but

https://www.mql5.com...n-capital-group

this looks the same to me

#50 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

Well just when I deposited $1k with gdmfx and finally made my mood to trade this strat today I got this email from gdmfx 

Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding a possible Greece exit from the Eurozone, GDMFX would like to warn all its clients that they should be aware of markets opening on Sunday, 28th of June, with gaps, severe volatility, widened spreads and thin liquidity increases.

GDMFX will not make any changes in margin requirements for trading EUR pairs but reserve its rights to switch that symbols to "close only" mode.

We advise you to be more conservative on trading EUR pairs and reduce the risk on your trading account. For clients who are using automatic trading, we recommend to tweak their Expert Advisors accordingly.

Best Regards
GDMFX

lol That really boost my confidence LOL LOL

Singh

• neddihrehat, jaycool79, mvvoorbergen and 1 other like this

- Jesse Livermore

#51 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Update gdmfx didnt let me place trade it kept showing trade disabled till 5:10 and then it was risky to place trade.Moreover I would have lost if I placed the trade so happend for good.

Untill next week.

Singh

- Jesse Livermore

#52 newtrojan

newtrojan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

Thanks SINGH for updating.

#53 Sanoko

Sanoko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

Hi everyone,

Dukascopy let you place a trade at the time 21:00 GTM. By the way I put tonight quite some money on it and unfortenately it was OTM (EURO/USD).

Do you have any statistics? Could you share ?

Regards,

#54 wcpwouts

wcpwouts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

you can check back every week in mt4 like some also showed in this thread. This sunday was probably the worst time to try because of the euro/greece hype.. but it looks like it is steadily ITM when the market is normal (without this huge impact euro news throughout the weekend)...

#55 Sanoko

Sanoko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

Hi,

Yes, I've checked back in mt4 already but it let me check only 10 weeks back on M15 ??? (result :2x otm , 8x itm) maybe some parameters. On M30 I went beck 22 weeks (7x otm , 15x itm, would be more itm but I marked as otm the situations where difference between start and close price was too little- in Dukascopy I would loose). Maybe someone has better - more data.

#56 wcpwouts

wcpwouts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

Yes, I've checked back in mt4 already but it let me check only 10 weeks back on M15 ??? (result :2x otm , 8x itm) maybe some parameters. On M30 I went beck 22 weeks (7x otm , 15x itm, would be more itm but I marked as otm the situations where difference between start and close price was too little- in Dukascopy I would loose). Maybe someone has better - more data.

in mt4 select Tools > Options and then the Charts tab. Here you can set max number of bars it will show.

#57 Sanoko

Sanoko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

Right, silly me. Thanks.

#58 Singh

Singh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Aight so gdmfx did try to keep me out but I eventually go it after 5mins of market open did a trade for 15m expiry on Usd/Jpy and won it.Will keep trying every week.It was a live account. $410 profit to start the week Not bad I would say.

2ffac11f05f9089bce852f184944a07a.png

• mjwinxsky likes this

- Jesse Livermore

#59 mjwinxsky

mjwinxsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Wow..I waited all night just to test this and I was very impressed with the result.. 9/9 of the pairs checked out as explained by challenges..

1. AUDUSD

2. EURCAD

3. EURGBP

4. EURJPY

5. EURNZD

6. EURUSD

7. GBPUSD

8. USDCHF

9. USDJPY

EA will definitely be an advantage for this strategy if you wish to trade on different pairs..

Attached Files

• Singh likes this

#60 jaycool79

jaycool79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

First of all thanks for the strategy...

Made an EA that will trade only on market opening..(please test it on demo, it works for me).EA was made with the help of a website.

i put it on 4 pairs.(EU,GU,AU,UJ).5 mins charts, but it will execute 15mins options.if your broker opens on sunday night change the day to sunday.(default is monday). becuase the trade frequency is once a week, very hard to test it.if anyone knows how to backtest BO EAs please do that.

So far i had 7 ITM and 1 OTM.(2 weeks). Looks good.. :)

Cheers.

Attached Files

• Singh, ken_le_franc, luca1073 and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.