Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:52 PM) Everyone is entitled to an opinion
@  dasa : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) It was an example of a bad deal bins = bad deal
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) *to risk
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:51 PM) @dasa Read lower, i siad bins is a hobby of mine, not to risk 1M on an offshore broker would be stupidity
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 03:50 PM) @Barnabee As I said, EVERY business is a gamble
@  HAWK : (29 May 2017 - 03:42 PM) ;)
@  Barnabee : (29 May 2017 - 03:37 PM) the gamble is is theres world war and a nuke drops on his houses
@  Barnabee : (29 May 2017 - 03:37 PM) every business is not gambling, for example i know a person whos business is buying and renting houses, real estate is basically the safest business on the planet
@  dasa : (29 May 2017 - 03:01 PM) because why would any serious businessman risk for example 100000 of their money to win 80000
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:47 PM) Every business is a gamble, so why differentiate it
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM) Alright man, later
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM) Yea bins is basically gambling, that's no prob for me
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) tc
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) movie time :P
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) Oh boy I better stop here I start to sound like loot, lol
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:43 PM) when does dealing with money ends being a gamble ?
@  Tripack : (29 May 2017 - 02:42 PM) ok there seems to be a general disconnect between gambling vs hobby, or maube gambling can be a hobby
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) heh
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) So how I can stomp you as well?
@  ZeusDCS : (29 May 2017 - 02:41 PM) Yes, bins will be there to make some money

Photo

60 sec Strategy Making Real Money

• Please log in to reply
4041 replies to this topic

#1 Lingsbord

Lingsbord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

POPULAR

Hi Guys

I've been asked how I make money in Binary Options, and there have been others on the General Boards asking if it's possible to make reliable returns trading Binaries. I've decided to create this thread to refer people back to and so I can post progress updates.

First of all my basic strategy is almost identical to that posted by Tradesmart on his thread in this section, so apologies Tradesmart if it appears I'm treading on your toes a little.

Everyone’s looking for that “Holy Grail”, that secret bit of genius, that amazing combination of indicators that can predict the future and guarantee you the returns you’re looking for. Well, let me tell you that there are NO magic wands in trading. Success is less about the details of your strategy and far more about how you apply it in terms of your money management, discipline and your own psychological approach to the markets.

Of course, you need a strategy that works, at least to a degree, and I’m going to share mine here although it’s a simple, basic strategy that’s been seen on these forums before, but I’ll also disclose my trade/money management plan that has delivered consistent success for me trading real money in a live environment. This will not be for everyone! Some people think using a vast number of indicators and systems makes them feel like real traders. The only thing that makes me feel like a real trader is the balance in my account ;-)

The strategy you’ll have seen before, but please read all the notes to get the full picture. I’m a 20-year Forex trader, I only trade for a living, and I’m really loving this system.

OK here goes:

Step 1.

I have an FXCM demo account running Metatrader 4 and a 1 min EURUSD chart open. This chart has 1 indicator on it, Bollinger Bands with settings 20 and 2.5. I found that deviation of 2 creates too many false signals and deviation of 3 means you’ll be lucky to see more than 3 trades per day. I settled on 1 minute for the number of trades it offers during an average day and because the 5 minute offers no better ITM rate. I also have the Market Watch window open on the metatrader but I reduce the size of the box down so I can only see the EURUSD rate and the clock. It’s this clock that I use as my “countdown trigger”.

Step 2.

My trading account is currently with IQ Option. Their platform is excellent and execution is very accurate. They don’t play games with pricing either. I have also opened with IG in London.

Step 3.

OK as you will have seen elsewhere on the BOE Boards, the trading strategy is simply to take a trade in the opposite direction when a candle closes outside the Bollinger Bands, so if it closes out of the top band I enter a Put, and if it closes below the bottom band I enter a Call. As the Market Watch clock gets into the 50s on the seconds and if a trade appears to be lining up, I’ll hover over the Put/Call button and closely watch the clock and the chart so I can nail the trade the moment the candle closes. Expiry is 1 minute.

OK so nothing new there and we all know that it often works well but the ITM rate isn’t anything to write home about is it? So here’s how I use it to make money:

Trading times

I avoid the period prior to London Open as there’s often a series of trades in the same (wrong) direction as the market gears itself up for the day, so I’ll normally look for the first trade from 09:10 UK time and I’ll then trade until about 13:15, picking up again around 14:30 after NYC Open to avoid another rush around that time and to give me a chance to enjoy some lunch without worrying about trading! For those of you trading Asian markets I’d avoid the “dead zone” and trade from about 02:00 onwards (again, UK time) when there might be enough movement to be able to make sense of this strategy.

Trade sizes

OK this is the most important part of the way I trade and there are some important elements here.

For smaller trade size, just divide these numbers down as appropriate, keeping the same ratios between each trade.

My first trade is $100. If this trade ends ITM I make $82 and look for the next one, again at the starting level of $100

If the first trade ends OTM then my second trade on the next signal is $320. If this trade ends ITM I make $262 which recovers the original $100, also creates the original $82 of profit that the first trade would have made, and then makes a further $80. Again your next trade is at the starting level of $100

If the second trade ends OTM then the third trade is $512. If this trade ends ITM then it recovers the original $100 and the $320 but there’s no profit, we’ve just recovered the losses and we move on with the next trade at $100

If the third trade ends OTM we REPEAT the $512 trade. If this trade ends ITM we generate $420 towards recovering part of the losses made in the other trades.

These 1-4 trade sequences we call “events”. Most events will be only 1 or 2 trades, i.e. you will be making consistent strong returns most of the time.

When an event consists of 3 consecutive trades you will break even on that event and look for the next trade

When an event consists of 4 trades where the 4th one ends ITM you will subsidise your loss on the previous 3.

Some people can’t face the concept of a trade that doesn’t generate profit, but believe me I’ve run so many examples that this structure works best in terms of risk/reward over time.

When an event consists of 4 trades and the 4th one ends OTM you will take a “hit”.

Based on the above numbers the hit will cost you $1,444 at this level. When this happens you set the platform back to $100 and start again.

You have to be mechanical, disciplined, and not scared of the trade sizes to make this work, but believe me it does work in real, live trading environments.

Typically you will have an average of 1 full “hit” in a week and around 3 of the smaller 4-trade events where the 4th trade comes in ITM causing a smaller loss. The rest of the trades will end ITM on either the first or second trade so you are building up plenty of buffer funds to be able to take hits and carry on. One full hit in a week will take approximately a full day of trading to recover, leaving 3.5 – 4 days of the week to make money.

During the month of May I had a fantastic first week followed by 3 “average” weeks and ended up with $8,344 – real money, real trading. This week my trade size has increased to a $120 start with the others multiplied up to keep the ratios. I started with trade sizes of $20, $64, $100 and $100

Note: I have run this strategy where the trade sizes are larger at each step so that the profit on each trade in the event is $82 so for example on a 3-trade event the profit is $246 etc, BUT the “HIT” is much larger so the extra loss wipes away the extra profit.

I would also say that although you will make $2000 per week on this strategy at these settings you really need a $5000 account balance to safely do it because you need to be able to take 2 Hits and still be able to trade out of the situation, so if you have $500 in your account your first trade should be $10 etc if your broker allows. Please note that taking 2 hits will be so rare it might never happen to you, but to be safe, take your maximum hit and multiply by 3 and that’s your minimum account balance.

This entire trading approach is not for everyone. There’s a Martingale element but it’s not a Martingale strategy (which is the fastest way to blowing an account known to man!). I know the simplistic approach to signal generation and a relatively low ITM ratio overall will mean a lot of people won’t want to repeat what I’m doing but I was asked by some people how I make money from Binaries and this is my honest answer!

You don’t need charts that look like an accident in a paint factory to make money in B.O.

K.I.S.S.

Good Luck/Good Trades guys.

p.s. If you don't like the BB strategy you can apply the trade size management principles to any strat that has a low number of occasions where you'll get 4 OTM in a row.

p.s.s. Links:

1. MM calculation xls sheet: https://www.dropbox....rds MM.xls?dl=0

2. Link to EA: https://www.dropbox....in_new.mq4?dl=0

3. Free VPN for 1 year: http://aws.amazon.com/free/?nc2=h_ls

tutorial 1: http://desaroxx.com/...-aws-cloud.html

tutorial 2: http://www.tradinghe...ing-amazon-ec2/

• David, Tripack, holyfire and 64 others like this

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

#2 Lingsbord

Lingsbord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

sorry, just to add........

If you have a broker who will accept a $1 trade size you could start this with $60 so don't think you need $5k to get going.

I always check the economic calendar for times of data releases, and I'm always wary at precisely 10:00am UK time. I think that's all!  :)

• challenges, xcoy and dingleberry like this

#3 Mondmann

Mondmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:50 AM

You don’t need charts that look like an accident in a paint factory to make money in B.O.

Nice lol :D

It is possible to see you trading once? :) I would really like to see, how it works by watching your live trading

• KleantRrera likes this

some folks win and some folks won't.

German Facebook Group: https://www.facebook...93621324308805/

#4 holyfire

holyfire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for sharing, I think when you know what you do - such moneymanagement gives you an extra edge.

Lingsbord, would like to hear how you handle waterfalls or for how Long you don't enter the valid Signal after a loss.
Especially for newbies , excited to make cash, this will be helpful.

Sorry friends. I will do no further coding.

#5 hmfaisalkabir

hmfaisalkabir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDhaka, Bangladesh

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hi Lingsbord, Thanks for your strategy with MM. But you know that different Broker has their own spread regarding 60 Sec trading which can down us to loose. Can I use it for 5 Minute with this same kind of MM?

• dileepa88 likes this

#6 tradesmart

tradesmart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:39 AM

for better itm i would consider the trend, less trades but more accurate.

• Alfred, happyjas, blackfoil and 1 other like this

#7 hmfaisalkabir

hmfaisalkabir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

Or Can I use your BB20-2.5 strategy with this money management where you stated to take the trade blindly when the candle closed completely outside the BB?

#8 hmfaisalkabir

hmfaisalkabir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi Tradesmart, What do you mean by trend and less trade but more acurate?

• omarshah likes this

#9 kimjenny84

kimjenny84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Hello :)

sorry I know this probably isn't the right place to ask, but I saw you mentioned IG as your broker. Can you please tell me what is the minimum amount of money you need to deposit to trade sprint options with them? Also, if you've withdrawn any money from them what documents do you need to withdraw money? I'm sorry to ask you all this but they don't seem to mention any of these details on their website. thank you :)     

• v16640 likes this

#10 ScalperX

ScalperX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

Lings, youd idn't say when you typically stop trading the US after you start at 14.30 UK time? Also the US market open is at 14:30,  do you wait say 5 or 10 mins to begin trading again? Do you consider a close out of the bollingers anything above the bollinger band at all, even if it was 0.1 pip or something? :)

Thanks alot for all the info, great share.

#11 Martini1209

Martini1209

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

We were having a bit of a discussion on the chat earlier about weighing certain approaches up. Personally I would be tempted wait for the close out of BB then look for price action that might indicate reversal, such as pinbars etc, and then trade from there, thus increasing chances of it going down over next two minutes more. Similarly, I would avoid any big volume spikes or turn of hour etc because the probability rules associated with BBands don't apply in these situations..

..however, this ultimately means less trading opportunities. Question is, whether that would cancel out the profit/losses associated with a more black and white approach. The former is the approach I would take anyway, so I guess I can report back in time if I choose to adopt this. I'm principally not keen on martingale based ideas, but I'll have a play with bets starting from £1.

#12 tradesmart

tradesmart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

Hi Tradesmart, What do you mean by trend and less trade but more acurate?

Hi hmfaisalkabir i just mean following the trend with regards to placing a trade using this strategy, so using a trend indicator or just looking at the charts to find the trend yourself would be more accurate trades but less trades because only trading in direction of trend.

#13 luca1073

luca1073

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

Hi Lingsbord,

Liked your post and especially what you advised avout the bollinger bands and its deviation. Regarding money i have a different approach but your rules can be applied to smaller amounts. I have a stash of money aside and i dont like the feeling of risking it and above all i live in the philippines now and here i need "only" 1000 euro a montjh to live well(fully furnished house for rent. Electricity, Wine every day. Transportation, 3 meals a day, dining out sometimes. All thesr expenses are the total for 2 people(me and my girlfrend) etc. So i would be ok witj a constant profit of 50 euro a day eheh. Of course if more comes i m happy about it. I ve had businesses in past abroad(not in my country(italy))and money never lacked so far and i think that matter is really relative on what you want/ where you live and how you are. Thanks a lot for your views and your post
Luca
  • pilot9 likes this

#14 Lingsbord

Lingsbord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Hello Guys

Thanks for all your posts. Let me start by saying I use this to make my living, and while it's valid for people to try to apply filters and indicators/PA to reduce risk I am living proof that in a real-world environment this strategy constantly makes very strong money exactly as it is.

To reduce risk for example you could take every bar that closes outside the BB as an "alert" bar. A lot of the time you will have just missed a ITM trade, but on the occasions when the market continues, if you start your trade 1 on what would normally be my trade 2, you will have a much better profit % of trades. I trade as I do because it just makes me money, pure and simple, exactly as I described.

Mondmann - absolutely any time my friend, I have nothing to hide, I'm not selling anything and at my age I certainly don't need anyone to tell me how great I am ;) . I have shared this strategy because it is real and it works.

Holyfire - good question. To be honest I keep trading, so if 4 trades lose that's a "hit" but the very next bar that gives me a signal I'd be trading it right back at the starting level of $100 in my current case.

hmfaisalkabir - a decent BO broker shouldn't be operating a spread at all, but yes it works the same on 5 minute.

tradesmart - normally I'd agree with you, but on 60 second expiry it doesn't really affect things. There are always pullbacks on a 1 minute bar in any trend or move. unless it's seriously major which is a coffee-break moment anyway.

kimjenny84 - actually I trade with IQ. I do have an account at IG though but not yet funded. Because they are UK-regulated you'll need a photo id plus one item of address proof like a utility bill dated within the last 3 months

Scalper - yes mate, just be careful around 14:30 UK time for a few minutes or so. A close outisde the BB is just that, regardless of how much it closes outside by.

Luca1073 - If you start with an opening trade of 25 Euros you'll be done by UK lunchtime most days

Thanks for your comments guys

• holyfire, challenges, swanny and 6 others like this

#15 laksior

laksior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

sorry, just to add........

If you have a broker who will accept a $1 trade size you could start this with $60 so don't think you need $5k to get going.

I always check the economic calendar for times of data releases, and I'm always wary at precisely 10:00am UK time. I think that's all!  :)

Hi Master:)

I realy don't fallow Your MM.

Would You be so kind and write each level of trading starting from 1$, because i have very small account...

I mean if first trade will be for 1$ so the 2nd will be ...$, 3rd will be ...$ and 4th will be ...$

It will very helpfull for me.

I hope You reply 

Cheers

laksior

#16 luca1073

luca1073

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Hi Master:)

I realy don't fallow Your MM.

Would You be so kind and write each level of trading starting from 1$, because i have very small account...

I mean if first trade will be for 1$ so the 2nd will be ...$, 3rd will be ...$ and 4th will be ...$

It will very helpfull for me.

I hope You reply 

Cheers

laksior

I'm not lingsbord but my guess would be first trade: 1 $

second trade 3.12 $ (or 4$)

3rd trade 5.12$ (or 6)

4 th trade 5.12$ (or 6).

if even the 4th fails

5 th trade should be 1 $ 

• janisroze likes this

#17 luca1073

luca1073

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hi Lingsbord, good that you are using Iq option( the same i use) so i can ask you a specific question/s
Did you notice that with Iq option is not possible to buy a put or call at exactly 60 seconds because expiries are set by the broker. Regardibg this strategy what do you do? You go to the closest expiry to 1 minute? Sometimes can be as little as 30 seconds and sometimes as much as 1 minute 59 seconds. Are you flexible with this? My guess is yes...
Also i was thinking. Maybe a 5 min expiry would be ok using your system if the bb touch against the trend or it s the same? I know above you replied to a smiliar question saying that you didnt notice a difference of ITM s on a 5 min expiry. What did you refer to? Also do you avoid major news when trading this? Thank you!
Luca

#18 Lingsbord

Lingsbord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

Laksior, luca is right (thanks luca for answering that question)

Luca - Because the signal is at the close of the bar, it ends at the close of the minute, and IQ's expiry is, by the time the bar closes, exactly 60 seconds away, so on "Turbo" options I'm getting it exactly to the minute. There are no signals that come part-way through the minute because you trade on the bar closing.

It works fine on 5 min but you get fewer trades, that's all.

In general, with news releases, I always keep the economic calendar available and will always be ready for any moves that come from them. usually it's not a problem but if the market goes hard, I'll sometimes wait until the 2nd bar before starting the trade

• challenges, happyjas, luca1073 and 2 others like this

#19 Martini1209

Martini1209

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:30 AM

Morning,

Do you get consistent results with this strategy on a Monday/Friday compared to other days, is there any pattern to your hits? 
I stay away from markets on those days with my strategy just because Monday/Friday markets are their own little thing, but perhaps I could use this?

Thanks,
Martin

• skoda2008 likes this

#20 luca1073

luca1073

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

i guess you must have traded this a few minutes ago. the reason why in my chart there are two BB is because i couldn't change the settings for the bollitoucher, it doesn't let me put 2.5.... only full numbers...

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.