Next High Impact Market News Event:
Retrieving events...

Toggle shoutbox The Traders Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If someone starts flaming you PM me with a screenshot of the incident and I will ban them if its legit. Do not flame them back, it makes our work as admins harder figuring out who started it. So if you flame them back, you may get banned too.
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 11:00 PM) lel
@  kdip : (28 June 2017 - 10:58 PM) No wonder I'm always OTM, he's using black magic to manipulate the prices.
@  shaileshm : (28 June 2017 - 10:45 PM) i wonder if its easier to make money by black magic than by binary options
@  shaileshm : (28 June 2017 - 10:45 PM) man that altredo guy is threatning black magic. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 09:02 PM) @Chosen3000, about an indicator, scammers, black magic and personal threats in that order.
@  Chosen3000 : (28 June 2017 - 08:20 PM) What is all the noise about Altredo
@  Florent : (28 June 2017 - 07:33 PM) i just reported him from doing this
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:31 PM) boe needs a new house rules. no black magic or voodoo shit is allowed. or members get the ban. :lol: :lol:
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM) @ZeusDCS , i love them absolutely. it is because of their existence that i wake up feeling very blessed. :lol: :lol:
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 07:29 PM) Lel, gotta love idiots
@  Florent : (28 June 2017 - 07:27 PM) exactly @ littlebuddy who ever wants to se me for real florent.leka1 or [email protected] (skype)
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:25 PM) instead of promoting the program they wanted, they thrashed it on their own foot. freaking geniuses ! :lol: :lol:
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:24 PM) those freaking idiots profile clearly stated they just joined less than 12 hours ago. and yet they both claimed they were members here more than a year ago. how dumb these guys are.
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 07:23 PM) Ahh lol
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:19 PM) http://www.binaryopt...e-7#entry126035
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 07:19 PM) Is?
@  littlebuddy : (28 June 2017 - 07:19 PM) the dumbest shit i ever saw.
@  gelsas : (28 June 2017 - 07:04 PM) Great thanks!
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 07:03 PM) If I remember...
@  ZeusDCS : (28 June 2017 - 07:03 PM) I'll let him know to give you a text whenever he's on

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Newbies Start Here

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 Xman

Xman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

I fully agree. NEVER, EVER, go buy stuff that promises whatever % win. If it would work, they would not need to sell anything. I am not yet convinced (at all!) that it's possible to win with BO in the long run. All strats I tested so far gave about 50-55% winning trades %. Not enough for BO. I can only test in excel since my programming skills are not that good. But even with excel you can backtest a lot of strats (RSI, BB, SMA, EMA,... all of them can be calculated in excel). Still looking for this holy grail that would deliver >60% winning trades in an automated way. This is not to say that I want an EA to run 24/7. Just a mathematical rule, without emotions involved, no human interpretations (price action). Best of luck.

#42 fasih

fasih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:16 PM

I fully agree. NEVER, EVER, go buy stuff that promises whatever % win. If it would work, they would not need to sell anything. I am not yet convinced (at all!) that it's possible to win with BO in the long run. All strats I tested so far gave about 50-55% winning trades %. Not enough for BO. I can only test in excel since my programming skills are not that good. But even with excel you can backtest a lot of strats (RSI, BB, SMA, EMA,... all of them can be calculated in excel). Still looking for this holy grail that would deliver >60% winning trades in an automated way. This is not to say that I want an EA to run 24/7. Just a mathematical rule, without emotions involved, no human interpretations (price action). Best of luck.

im afraid u are looking for something that dont exist in the first place, 60% + indis fully automated is a wet dream, and chasing this road will leave you at the highest levels of frustration..

so do yourself a favour and start looking at more realistic discretionary methods .. just my 2 cnts

• Tripack likes this

#43 Monkeyslifestyle

Monkeyslifestyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Anyone here believe in Auto Trading here for Binary Options? Any really good reliable and trusted Auto Traders to recommend here?

I hear about auto-trade from my Brasilian friend, Bruno. He was pretty excited after the trial, don't remember exactly how many days it lasted for. He advised those guys to me for a signals as well BBOT . But I'm thinking to go for one with others ze-binary-signals.com, still thinking. Any cue?

• shamimhsm likes this

#44 neddihrehat

neddihrehat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

You forgot to test Price Action strategies. Well, you cannot do that in excel.

Holy Grail means 100% ITM, 100% > 60% means your defination of Holy grail is correct in that way. And to tell you the truth, Holy Grail doesn't exist in Human world, unless you are the CEO of City Bank of America and HSBC, or someone powerful in the list.

Well, Price Action is made of human emotions, price goes up and down because there are people doing something crazy. So studying human emotion will give you better result than looking for emotionless robot. :)

You know, Computers are awesome, they can do something without emotion for 24/7..but they cannot choose what will they eat at dinner.

And, Humans are not that awesome, they cannot even calculate 4 digits of Pi, but they can build a computer to count 1 million digits of Pi for them.

• MihailMarius likes this
Click the LIKE button or the REPORT button, don't just sit there.

#45 jisourov22

jisourov22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationbangladesh

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

thanks for your information 

#46 jisourov22

jisourov22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationbangladesh

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:34 AM

I am new in trading so anyone help me. :)

#47 Monkeyslifestyle

Monkeyslifestyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

Guys, does some of you ever tried an auto-trade or ever heard about it. I'm doing some researches about it. So maybe, or if you be so kind, please, can you throw your thoughts about it. Mayb tips.

Thank you in advance :rolleyes:

#48 lein

lein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

Lein this side from India...new to trading!!

#49 shamimhsm

shamimhsm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Wow. I like the resources. The newbie traders will learn something from those websites. Best of luck to all newbie friends.    :P

#50 Camaflaj

Camaflaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

Newbie here...

I wanted to know if there is some sort of indicator that would create alerts for anytime a graphical object is added to a chart in MT4. My problem is that I have an indicator that shows arrows, but it's compiled so I cannot edit the code and add the alert to it. So if there's some way of creating an alert for whenever the indicator produces an arrow, could someone please help?

#51 Battery

Battery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

Newbie here...

I wanted to know if there is some sort of indicator that would create alerts for anytime a graphical object is added to a chart in MT4. My problem is that I have an indicator that shows arrows, but it's compiled so I cannot edit the code and add the alert to it. So if there's some way of creating an alert for whenever the indicator produces an arrow, could someone please help?

There are members who will do just that for you.

Just go to the 'metatrader 4 indicators' section in the forum and ask.

#52 Camaflaj

Camaflaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

There are members who will do just that for you.

Just go to the 'metatrader 4 indicators' section in the forum and ask.

Thanks 

#53 anni

anni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

Hi everyone

I am completely new to any kinda trading - actually in the garden design business!

From south africa.

I have no idea what i am doing yet but trying to make little more income with the drought going on here.

I tried to open first link you posted for newbies, but cant find page...still operating?

Thanks though for rest of info..started studying today.

Greetings

anni

#54 OzGoldAu

OzGoldAu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUpsideDownUnder

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:48 AM

Hi all...yet another newb (both to the site, & BO). Sorry this post doesn't follow OP's hopes of the thread, and i just wanted to touch on the highlighted text below.

I believe this may be one of the very first mistakes newbs make when first starting out with 'Demo" dollars .(sigh...yep, me too lol)..there's no real sense of loss and no real euphoria on a 'profit' trade....at least for me, and as such, leads to trading in a way that your 'real' live trading would not support. I didn't set out, when starting, to 'play' at this, yet the lack of Reward/Loss soon had me making trades i KNOW i wouldn't/couldn't be able to do IRL. Took me two days to actually settle down and treat the whole thing as if it WERE REAL....based on my strat, plan and what real funds i will have in the beginning.

Thing is... i also know at times i can be irrational and impulsive, so this was a good lesson to learn early on before bad habits had become ingrained. I also recognize the 'revenge' trading bug in myself and so the last few days have been amusing and educational all in one, to the point i now know more about myself in the last two days than i do about BO....but that is a good thing in itself. 

I know when i start 'live' trading it will be with a very small 'pot' and will have to be built upon gradually, but being over 50 with family history of early checkout means my time is limited compared to some and so i need to make the most of it, yet do so in a way that is 'smart' and not 'hard'..

My intent for the last three days trading (demo) has been to come in line with my newly designed 'plan' and as such, i am in front albeit a small margin (about $2,200 in total, ranging from 50%-75%), but i am restricting myself to $20 max. trades (now i'm over 'playing' with fake bills) and 20 trades a day in the expectation of a $100 min. profit each day and restrict my losses to $100....all to fall inline with what will be my 'reality' in live trading.

Great site, terrific info. and wonderful ideologies of those whom care to share their success's and approach to BO.

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank those responsible for the info. contained within the forum.

Thank-You.

Welcome scoobytrade. I started trading demo accounts not long before you, and the psychological difference from trading fake money is something you will hopefully learn to manage as time goes by.

You're spoiled for choice for strategies, many may help you refine your own.

This is a great forum to help. Best advice is don't be afraid to ask questions, and ignore the douchbags that try to make themselves feel superior by giving insulting replies. ;)

Gypsy

IF IT IS TO BE....IT IS UP TO ME! 

#55 BuzzTrades

BuzzTrades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Forex Peace Army vs Baby Pips? What are peoples thoughts and opinions?

#56 Tripack

Tripack

• Moderators
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

Forex Peace Army vs Baby Pips? What are peoples thoughts and opinions?

Forex Peace Army is doing an excellent job with the help of it's community to filter out the good from the scam and challenge brokers to explain themselves, I really respect the work they do over there on that level.

Babypips is an ocean of information, learning material and interesting threads, long time there too.

I like them both for different reasons, but prefer BOE :P
  • BuzzTrades likes this

In order to become successful, first stop doing what unsuccessful people do.

#57 TheBinaryAdvisor

TheBinaryAdvisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

Adding to everything said earlier, one of the most important steps that a newbie should take is to pick and choose the right binary options broker. Selection of the trusted binary options broker is of a paramount importance when you start trading. You could follow an impeccable strategy, spend months learning technical and fundamental analysis but fail to withdraw your money or get incorrect prices on the market if you worked with an unscrupulous broker.

Here are some aspects that you should pay attention to during broker selection process

1. Customer Service
Customer Service is absolutely essential when you are looking for a binary options broker. At the beginning, you will have dozens of questions and it is extremely important to have prompt and comprehensive answers. My advice is to test broker's customer support team before you make a commitment to it. 

2. Regulation
Binary options trading is a relatively new form of investing. Unfortunately, there is little regulation in the market comparing to stock trading for example. With regulation by financial authorities, binary options trading process becomes a safer activity to do. The regulation depends on the country where the broker is registered. For example, a broker registered on Cyprus is regulated by Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec). The major benefit of working with a regulated broker is a possibility to claim compensation if the broker is unable to meet its obligations. Under the Investor Compensation Scheme (ICS), which each regulated broker has to be a member of, traders can claim up to a maximum amount of €20,000.

3. Trading platform
Fully functional trading platform neglects the risks of price manipulation, time lags, server breakdowns, installation of malware, spyware and viruses. More than that, it helps traders concentrate their attention on trading process instead of any kind of distractors. 

4. Tools and Education
Being a new to binary options trading, you should pay attention to trading tools and education provided by the broker. It is vital to keep learning perpetually and the broker should help you with that. Make sure the broker provides hands-on educational material for all levels. Before selecting one or another broker, spend some time learning about broker's trading school if there is any. 

5. Payouts and Bonuses
Payouts and bonuses are one of the most appealing aspects related to binary options trading. However, some brokers have vague terms and conditions related to bonuses. For example, there are brokers that give you a decent bonus which you could withdraw only when the trading volume reaches up to 50 times the bonus amount. When you conduct your research on trusted brokers, make sure you read terms and conditions before making a commitment.

These are several aspects that you should pay attention to when choosing the right binary options broker. I hope you find them helpful. 

• MrBinary and MihailMarius like this

#58 BrianC

BrianC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

Hi All

Another newbie here. First of all I want to thank the people behind this forum, and all of you who make it such a great place to learn for us newbies. To make a long story short, I start with BOs about a month ago, I guess like lots of people I made a ton of mistakes. Blew away my first 2 250€ deposits in few days. I had absolutely now idea what I was doing, so I can only blame myself for that. AFTER blowing away two deposits, I started to read and learn, and I have been reading a lot of posts and threads here. I have now made a third deposit, but what is more important, I'm on a demo account as well, trying out starts I have learned here and trying to get an idea what PA is all about to support the stats I like and think I can handle.

That said, after blowing away two deposits and then starting to practice with a demo account, I find that it is VERY different from doing live trading. I mean, I managed two double my demo account in 3 days, then I went live, trading small amounts, that didn't go too well, back to demo, all going well again, back to live... screwing up again. Conclusion: the psychological faster is playing with me, I need to get that straight. My problem is, when I get a few ITM in the row, then one OTM, and then I go nuts trying to recover the loss and I screw up. Anyway, long story short: this forum has been THE BEST resource of information I have found, so thanks to you all!

• hp699flva likes this

#59 samabiong

samabiong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Newbie here...I've done a lot of reading and some research in BO and Forex Trading. I've registered with a BO broker the other day using the minimum deposit and carried out some live trading with good results but if the info I've read in some BO forums are anything to go by, I'm gonna lose the whole lot the next time I trade.

I have a couple of questions for the forum and am hoping for some honest answers.

1. Did anyone in this forum made a reasonable return from the minimum deposit with a BO broker? If so, how long did it take?

2. Did anyone made a reasonable return from $US5,000, $US10,000, $20,000 deposit with a BO broker? If so how long did it take?

Also it would be appreciated if your answer could include experience and skill level...

I know the questions are general in nature but I think it should be sufficient to assist in my money management plan to determine the minimum optimal amount that I can utilize to earn serious returns.

Thanks

"Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal"  - source unknown

"Failure to Plan is Planning to Fail" - Winston Churchill & Benjamin Franklin

#60 bornprinc3ss

bornprinc3ss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Hey guys ... my name is Richa and I am binary trader ... if you want to learn and trade binary (live), contact me
MY TELEGRAM @karizmatic_kashish

and IG @karizmatic_kashish

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Newbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

USA REGULATION NOTICE: There are many binary options companies which are not regulated within the United States. Most of these offshore companies are not supervised, connected or affiliated with any of the regulatory agencies such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

It is our STRONG opinion that you do not operate with any unregulated brokerage firm as they may steal or try to scam you out of every dime you have. Please take notice that any unregulated trading activity by U.S. Citizens should be considered unlawful.

Risk Disclosure: Binary Options Edge does not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website; this includes education material, price quotes and charts, and analysis. Please be aware of the risks associated with trading the financial markets; never invest more money than you can risk losing. The risks involved in trading binary options are high and may not be suitable for all investors. Binary Options Edge doesn't retain responsibility for any trading losses you might face as a result of using the data hosted on this site. The data and quotes contained in this website are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers. So prices may be different from exchange prices and may not be accurate to real time trading prices. They are supplied as a guide to trading rather than for trading purposes.